Floral Pastel

Sykotica Preview Layouts
XSYKOTICA
VOLUME XCVII: Floral Pastel


Notice from Sykotica

Our text holding fan fiction ran out. It was bound to happen sooner or later. Definitely. We are on our 97th layout and closing in on 100 so, from here on out, we are going to be using expired copyright classics like Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Nioce.

'Yes, we went to school in the sea, though you mayn't believe it—' 'I never said I didn't!' interrupted Alice. 'You did,' said the Mock Turtle. 'Hold your tongue!' added the Gryphon, before Alice could speak again.  The Mock Turtle went on.

'We had the best of educations—in fact, we went to school every day—' 'I'VE been to a day-school, too,' said Alice; 'you needn't be so proud  as all that.' 'With extras?' asked the Mock Turtle a little anxiously. 'Yes,' said Alice, 'we learned French and music.' 'And washing?' said the Mock Turtle. 'Certainly not!' said Alice indignantly. 'Ah! then yours wasn't a really good school,' said the Mock Turtle in  a tone of great relief. 'Now at OURS they had at the end of the bill,  "French, music, AND WASHING—extra."' 'You couldn't have wanted it much,' said Alice; 'living at the bottom of  the sea.' 'I couldn't afford to learn it.' said the Mock Turtle with a sigh. 'I  only took the regular course.' 'What was that?' inquired Alice. 'Reeling and Writhing, of course, to begin with,' the Mock Turtle  replied; 'and then the different branches of Arithmetic—Ambition,  Distraction, Uglification, and Derision.' 'I never heard of "Uglification,"' Alice ventured to say. 'What is it?' The Gryphon lifted up both its paws in surprise. 'What! Never heard of  uglifying!' it exclaimed. 'You know what to beautify is, I suppose?' 'Yes,' said Alice doubtfully: 'it means—to—make—anything—prettier.' 'Well, then,' the Gryphon went on, 'if you don't know what to uglify is,  you ARE a simpleton.' Alice did not feel encouraged to ask any more questions about it, so she  turned to the Mock Turtle, and said 'What else had you to learn?' 'Well, there was Mystery,' the Mock Turtle replied, counting off  the subjects on his flappers, '—Mystery, ancient and modern, with  Seaography: then Drawling—the Drawling-master was an old conger-eel,  that used to come once a week: HE taught us Drawling, Stretching, and  Fainting in Coils.' 'What was THAT like?' said Alice.

'Well, I can't show it you myself,' the Mock Turtle said: 'I'm too  stiff. And the Gryphon never learnt it.' 'Hadn't time,' said the Gryphon: 'I went to the Classics master, though.  He was an old crab, HE was.' 'I never went to him,' the Mock Turtle said with a sigh: 'he taught  Laughing and Grief, they used to say.' 'So he did, so he did,' said the Gryphon, sighing in his turn; and both  creatures hid their faces in their paws. 'And how many hours a day did you do lessons?' said Alice, in a hurry to  change the subject. 'Ten hours the first day,' said the Mock Turtle: 'nine the next, and so  on.' 'What a curious plan!' exclaimed Alice. 'That's the reason they're called lessons,' the Gryphon remarked:  'because they lessen from day to day.' This was quite a new idea to Alice, and she thought it over a little  before she made her next remark. 'Then the eleventh day must have been a  holiday?'

'Of course it was,' said the Mock Turtle. 'And how did you manage on the twelfth?' Alice went on eagerly. 'That's enough about lessons,' the Gryphon interrupted in a very decided  tone: 'tell her something about the games now.' The Mock Turtle sighed deeply, and drew the back of one flapper across  his eyes. He looked at Alice, and tried to speak, but for a minute or  two sobs choked his voice. 'Same as if he had a bone in his throat,'  said the Gryphon: and it set to work shaking him and punching him in  the back. At last the Mock Turtle recovered his voice, and, with tears  running down his cheeks, he went on again:— 'You may not have lived much under the sea—' ('I haven't,' said  Alice)—'and perhaps you were never even introduced to a lobster—'  (Alice began to say 'I once tasted—' but checked herself hastily, and  said 'No, never') '—so you can have no idea what a delightful thing a  Lobster Quadrille is!' 'No, indeed,' said Alice.

'What sort of a dance is it?' 'Why,' said the Gryphon, 'you first form into a line along the  sea-shore—' 'Two lines!' cried the Mock Turtle.

Sykotica Notes: In this layout, we are using all the new attributes: opacity, border-radius, and overflow (opacity and border-radius will not show on some older browsers). There are no text limits. CONTENTID1 to CONTENTID4 are scrollable. Warning, if you include images in CONTENTID1 to CONTENTID4, they will be semi-translucent. And again, CONTENTID5 can be used as a top banner or a nice big title. The background pattern is royalfreestock.

 

 

Layout Reference: #64 Talking Bubbles