Cutouts

Sykotica Preview Layouts
VOLUME XLI: Cutouts ~ Moonstone ~ Part Three

Cyndi flew frantically across the green lawn. Her long locks escape from their pins. She could feel her pretty headdress slipping. If only she could sprout another arm to hold it down. You see… Cyndi needed both arms for this race. She was so close to where the man was, on the other side with her babies.

Hero could sense the lightness in her steps, the smell of spring flowers, the sound of gold bracelets clanking and silver bells jingling. It was definitely a woman in possession of his diamond. Making her do whatever he liked would be a piece of cake (not that he wasn’t as alluring to the other ).

Cyndi kicked down the wall like it was nothing. Usually she would have felt around for the opening and slipped through but there wasn’t time for that now, was there… Cyndi inspected the room as the dust cleared. There was not a living soul inside. Where was that man?

I’m right here underneath a trapdoor in the southwest corner.

She marched in the direction of the trapdoor then stopped midway.

“Wait a minute… I just came here to check on my jewels. Your business underneath that trapdoor does not concern me.” Cyndi turned to leave. She was not one to help strangers especially if they’re as  shady as this man was.

“I have some of your jewels here, malady.” Hero lied. ”Oh… you don’t care about those?” It was the first time he had spoken in decades so it came out a bit rough.

Cyndi’s ears immediately perked up. Did he just say he had her jewels? She scanned her valuables scattered across the floor. There wasn’t anything missing at first glance but then again, she had so many shiny items piled up.

Hero waited impatiently beneath the trapdoor. What was taking this girl so long.

Cyndi thought it over again. If some of the jewels were with him then the jewels wouldn’t be going anywhere. They’re still technically with the others in the same room.

“You can stay there and guard my stuff. “

Hero felt a little defeated. He really didn't want to try the other way of persuading but she left him with no other choice.

You will come release me this very instant, young lady. Do as I command.

Hero heard a thud. Something heavy dropped to the floor. A second later, there was a sound of coins sliding on one another. A minute later, the trapdoor creaked open letting in a gush of fresh air.

Stand back and be silent.

He assumed she did just that. Hero leaped through the trapdoor and landed daintily on the pile of sapphire gems. He looked like a gothic-ish punk with his semi-long black hair streaked back and the dark circles around his eyes and the leather… oh, let’s not even go there.

Hero found his yellow diamond laying on the floor by itself. He bent down to pick it up when Cyndi grabbed it out of no where which caught him off guard. Didn’t he just tell her to stand back and be quiet? What the heck was this girl doing?

Hero grabbed her and swung her around in his arms.

Now give the yellow diamond here.

Her hair covered her face but he could see her head shake from side to side in a 'no way.'

Hero cradled her in one arm so that he could use the other to sweep the hair out of her face. Maybe eye contact would be more effective.

Cyndi looked straight at him once her hair was out of her eyes. Hero freaked. He released his hold on her and stood up with his eyes still fixed like she was some venomous snake.

There was no way she could have come back from the dead… No way. He did make sure she was dead… didn’t he?

Sykotica Notes: CONTENTID2 will expand to accommodate your text (and stretch all the way across) but try not to go pass the top picture because then, it will overlap CONTENTID1 or create a scroll bar or die. Just don't do it. You can also hit SHIFT+ENTER , creating short lines of text. It will make a nice floating box on the right like the preview here. I used Shibasaki Ko's album photo and made it seamless. She has another one where she's falling like Alice, down the rabbit hole. I might use that one for another layout (once I figure out how I want to play with it).
XSYKOTICA