Seasons

Sykotica Preview Layouts
XSYKOTICA
VOLUME LII: Seasons
One Winged Angel Part Two
After a while, Cyndi decided there was no way she would be able to jump high enough. She had already tried like a hundred million times. Just when she was about to give up, the most unlikely thing happened. She hovered. No, no. Just kidding. Did I trick you? Okay so an unidentified flying object crashed into the tree. The branch she was aiming for all this time cracked and fell right in front of her feet.

She loved her shoes.

Grab shoes first and deal with UFO later.

While Cyndi was putting on her shoes, the tree began to shake. She didn’t really pay much attention to it until she had finished tying her shoelaces. Cyndi looked up into the tree but nothing was there. She looked about the tree trunk but nothing was there. She looked into the sky to see if the giant bird (or at least she assumed it to be) had flown off but nothing was there.

Cyndi turned and found herself on the ground, face first. She sat up quickly, rubbing her nose. Was it bleeding? No, which is a good thing. Wait… what was underneath her? It wasn’t the grass. She was sure of it. Though her face did land in the grass. She bent to take a look. Wow. A guy. What was he doing out here without any clothes on? Was he one of those guys who threw her shoes up in that tree? Maybe he was bullied and had his clothes all taken away from him. Somehow, Cyndi felt glad that only her shoes were taken off. It would be a little bit embarrassing to have nothing on like this guy right here. 

She had the guts to poke him awake. She'd seen her brother run around - before so... it should be fine. And this guy was unconscious.

“Hey you. Where’s your clothes?”

The guy’s eyes blinked open. He had long black eyelashes, Cyndi noticed. He didn’t give her much of a response. He just stared at her as if she was some kind of exotic animal behind bars. Cyndi didn’t really like the way his eyes were piercing through her. It didn’t feel very nice. She stood up and left without a glance back. It was really not her concern. He was a stranger. A weird stranger. Cyndi managed to walk halfway across the empty football field. Those eyes were probably watching her. It made her feel like she was also . Cyndi turned around to see the guy following her quite closely.

“Why are you following me?”

Her eyes wandered from his face to his “thing.” Oh my gosh, why does she find it so annoying? Cyndi quickly took off her sweater and threw it at him.

“Wrap that around your… your… Just wrap it for goodness sake!”

He didn’t even bother catching it. Cyndi’s sweater layed in a little heap on the grass.

“Take that,” she pointed to her sweater, “and wrap it around your waist.”

He looked at her a little confused. “Do you understand what I’m saying?” Maybe he is from another country, she thought.

Cyndi looked around and spotted a couple of people coming into the park. Luckily they haven’t spotted the guy yet. She ran to pick up her sweater. Cyndi looked up and saw his “thing.” This is so embarrassing. She wrapped her sweater around his midsection like an apron.

“Umm… I understand you perfectly but I just don’t see why I have to wrap this thing around me. Are we playing a game?” The guy finally spoke.

She looked at him with surprise, “Are you crazy? Okay okay… just go back to your house and put on some clothes.”

Cyndi turned to leave. She walked briskly back to the apartment where she lived with her dad, step mother and step brother. Although Cyndi had walked half a mile or so from the park to her house, she could feel his presence lingering behind her. The guy was like a stalker except he didn’t even try to hide. She ran up the stairs hoping that after closing the door of the apartment behind her, he would disappear.

She slammed it shut. It was all a weird dream. It was all a very weird dream. The guy went away to her delight… eh, for only for a moment.

Sykotica Notes: The wife drew trees for this planting garden stuff she's a part of. It gave me an idea and she was kind enough to say 'fine.' So here it is. The changing seasons represented by this sturdy tree here. It has very few animated frames and yet the file turned out huge so the quality is iffy. She drew the roots too but I kind of X'ed that idea. Roots.