Dandelions

Sykotica Preview Layouts

VOLUME XLVI: Dandelions ~ Moonstone ~ Chapter Six

The butler felt rather uncomfortable. He wanted to be outside with the others, not in here with his newly returned master and Miss Cyndi. It took all his years of training to stay composed and rooted to the spot by the door.

Hero dropped down to the couch and pulled Cyndi with him. She landed in his lap as helpless as a fish on land floundering around without getting anywhere.

“Stop struggling. You’ll just make it ten times more painful than it has to be.” Hero warned her.

Her fighting ceased. She didn’t like pain at all. If she was going to die, she wanted it to be pain free like leaving in your sleep or something along those lines.

“That’s my girl.” He the side of her face as if she was his cat pet. Tangled in her hair was his other hand. Hero had a very good grip on her.

Hero lifted up her hair and examined the nape of her neck. “You look very similar to my sister. It is such a pity really. If you weren’t so much alike, you wouldn’t have to die like this.”

Cyndi cringed as she felt his cold lips graze her sensitive skin. What was he going to do? Bite the hell out of her? She really wished she was somewhere else.

Hero enjoyed himself. She was like his sister but not his sister. He felt no guilt doing whatever he wished. He hadn’t felt this great in ages.

They were so alike… in more ways than one. Hero stopped himself from going further. A brilliant idea popped into his head.

Hero removed himself from her and turned to the butler with more questions for the old man.

“How is Jay, is he still brooding over Cyndi’s death?”

The butler didn’t reply for a while. He seemed to be arranging the words in his head but finally he spoke.

“After you went into slumber, master, he heard of Cyndi’s death from the Cult and fled the country. He has not since returned. The Cult is weakening but he still holds leadership.”

“Good. He’s vulnerable and I know just the thing to lure him home.” Hero turned his attention back to Cyndi. Surprisingly, she hadn’t made another attempt to escape… she didn’t even move an inch.

It wasn’t because she was petrified with fear, Cyndi was interested in this whole background story. She had been living as mistress of this grand estate for many years without knowing its past. Besides, the danger seemed to have passed when he let her go.

“You’re going to help me and in exchange, I won’t kill you.”

Cyndi half expected a “yet” to follow but it didn’t. Thank the heavens.

“Master,” the butler addressed Hero, “I must warn you about the dangers if you are found tricking him.”

Hero laughed. “Jay is nothing but a gullible fool. How he came to be our leader is still a mystery to me.” Hero stated with disgust. “He couldn’t even destroy and overcome his weaknesses. Now look at his pathetic state, hiding away like a coward.”

Cyndi tried her best to fit pieces together. Hero, the butler, a cult, Jay, the leader of the cult. So Hero is a part of this cult and he doesn’t think this Jay is macho enough to lead? Something like that?

“There is another thing I must inform you about, master.” The butler’s eyes darted to Cyndi briefly before returning to Hero.

Hero took the hint and stood up. The butler did not continue until Hero stood an arm’s length away from him.

Cyndi didn’t like being left out of the conversation especially when she knew it was about her. It had to be.

The butler was whispering so she couldn’t hear a thing. Cyndi leaned forward but stopped when she felt Hero keeping watch on her with the corner of his eye.

After a minute, Hero spoke. “This will be interesting.”

Interesting? What will be interesting, Cyndi thought.



Sykotica Notes: Image is from this youtube video. Photographer... unknown for now.