Stained

Sykotica Preview Layouts
XSYKOTICA
VOLUME CLXXIII: Stained
VOLUME CLXXIII: Stained
Sykotica Tweaks and Patch Notes

"And more still I have to say, ere it is again too late," I returned. "I have done many strange things in my life, many things that wiser men would not have dared, but never in my wildest fancies have I dreamed of winning a Dejah Thoris for myself—for never had I dreamed that in all the universe dwelt such a woman as the Princess of Helium. That you are a princess does not abash me, but that you are you is enough to make me doubt my sanity as I ask you, my princess, to be mine."

"He does not need to be abashed who so well knew the answer to his plea before the plea were made," she replied, rising and placing her dear hands upon my shoulders, and so I took her in my arms and kissed her.

And thus in the midst of a city of wild conflict, filled with the alarms of war; with death and destruction reaping their terrible harvest around her, did Dejah Thoris, Princess of Helium, true daughter of Mars, the God of War, promise herself in marriage to John Carter, Gentleman of ia.

Sometime later Tars Tarkas and Kantos Kan returned to report that Zodanga had been completely reduced. Her forces were entirely destroyed or captured, and no further resistance was to be expected from within. Several battleships had escaped, but there were thousands of war and merchant vessels under guard of Thark warriors.

The lesser hordes had commenced looting and quarreling among themselves, so it was decided that we collect what warriors we could, man as many vessels as possible with Zodangan prisoners and make for Helium without further loss of time.

Five hours later we sailed from the roofs of the dock buildings with a fleet of two hundred and fifty battleships, carrying nearly one hundred thousand green warriors, followed by a fleet of transports with our thoats.

Behind us we left the stricken city in the fierce and brutal clutches of some forty thousand green warriors of the lesser hordes. They were looting, murdering, and fighting amongst themselves. In a hundred places they had applied the torch, and columns of dense smoke were rising above the city as though to blot out from the eye of heaven the horrid sights beneath.

In the middle of the afternoon we sighted the scarlet and yellow towers of Helium, and a short time later a great fleet of Zodangan battleships rose from the camps of the besiegers without the city, and advanced to meet us.



Sykotica Notes: Following the implementation of the new version of AFF, a few previews needed "fixing." You may want to look back at your story chapters to see if they need to be re-adjusted (especially the ones with manual image positioning).

List of layouts and their changes:

  • Clipboard: border dividing the white paper removed
  • Ocean Sky: bottom margin re-adjusted (there is no longer a giant white gap at the bottom)
  • Watermarks, In Her Eye, In His Eye: gradual fade to white added to the bottom for the background image
  • Torn Beast: background image now centered even with horizontal width change (mobile)
  • Lavender A&E: re-adjusted main width and repositioned fixed background image.

Layout Reference: #53 Grunge Text