Geometric Hearts

Sykotica Preview Layouts

VOLUME LV: Geometric Hearts

One Winged Angel ~ Last Part (Incomplete)

Vic had stumbled upon a very odd scene.

Cyndi. Fire poker. Strange man in a tutu. Groping. Guilty looking faces.

Somehow it all added up but then again… Vic had an awesome imagination. He won first place in the creative writing contest... and he didn’t even enter.

Cyndi jumped off Hero instantly, “Vic, you’re home early…” She wanted to say something to break the awkwardness but it came out kind of wrong.

“So I’m not supposed to be here? It’s okay, I’m just going to grab something from the kitchen and head on to my room. You can continue whatever you’re doing.”

“That’s not what I meant…” Cyndi started.

Vic didn’t pay her much attention. He was looking straight at Hero. Who was this guy? Are they dating or something? His gaze intensified. Hero didn’t know what was going on but he was more than a little rattled. It was like a ray of hatred beaming straight at him.

“Hi. I’m Vic, Cyndi’s step brother. And no, I don’t think I’ll need to know who you are.” Vic walked off to the kitchen. That was rather cold of him, Cyndi thought. What has gotten in to him. She never really saw him angry before. He didn’t even care when she nearly burned down the kitchen with him in it.

Cyndi looked at Hero. He seemed fine.

“We’ll talk later, Vic.”

Vic pretended they weren’t there. Cyndi sighed. This was an opportunity she had to take advantage of.

“Let’s go to my room.” Cyndi whispered to Hero who had no objections. He was a docile little thing in his pink tutu.

While she ushered him in to her room, she thought about something. If he was a puppy, she would have accepted him into her house without question. Cyndi wanted a cute little puppy so badly but her dad wouldn’t allow it. He kept saying how she’s not responsible enough to take care of a pet. Cyndi told him she could and then he would pull out the report cards and wave it in her face.

“Bring up these poor grades then and I’ll think about it.”

She was at a lost for words. He had downed her in one go and that ended the conversation. It didn’t stop her from trying again the next time but the exact same thing happened.

Hero and Cyndi were both in the room now with the door closed and locked. She wasn’t afraid of him anymore. Of course she wasn’t. She had just tackled the guy and poke him. He didn’t even attack back.

“Sit,” Cyndi pointed to the chair behind her desk.  Hero obeyed.

Now that the problem with her brother had passed for the time being, the previous one concerning Hero returned.

What was she going to do with him? All she got from him was his name… oh, and that he’s an angel and he couldn’t fly and she had wings. Or was it one wing? Whatever.

Cyndi rubbed her temples. She was getting a migraine from all of this. Cyndi too a seat at the foot of her bed.

“Okay… so we don’t know where you live… how about where you’re going… Where are you headed?”

“Well, I didn’t really want to go anywhere. You see, I kind of just fell and don’t know where I am.”

“In the end, we just end up with you having no place to stay?”

“I can stay here, right?”

Cyndi burst out laughing. “You seriously think that you could stay here?”

To her surprise, Hero ended up staying. The next day he was registered at her school and assigned the same home room as her.

What the heck just happened? Why did her dad let a stranger stay and why didn’t anyone else object? Vic was obviously not happy about the arrangement but he didn’t say a thing.

They were in home room. Mr. V called Hero up to the front of the class to introduce himself. It wasn’t much of an introduction. He just said ‘hi’ and the girls were swooning. The guys found him annoying. Maybe she’ll see him strung up on the flag pole. Maybe they’ll steal his shoes (or rather Vic’s shoes) and throw it up on the power lines.

Hero sat back down at his assigned seat. Good think it wasn’t anywhere near hers. The two girls sitting beside him started talking and Hero replied to them. They giggled and he smiled. Cyndi wanted to wipe that smile off his face. What were they giggling about. Hero and them had nothing to talk about.

After home room was over, Cyndi cornered Hero. “Did you hypnotize everyone with your power or something? I still can’t believe my dad let you stay with us. He even enrolled you here personally.”

“Your dad is just real nice. Everyone seem to be very nice around here except for you. Why are you so hostile?”

He brought up a good question. Why was she so hostile? Sure he stole her clothes and stole her dad’s attention and started living in her house. But should she be channeling this much anger towards him? What was the reason?

“Look at her… it’s his first day and she’s already all over him.” A girl whispered to her group of friends as they went by. She was sending Cyndi a dirty look.

“Okay… let’s just stay away from each other. I’ll probably see you enough at home. Bye.” Cyndi rushed to her next class.

“But I don’t know what to do.” Hero called after her.

“Find someone else to help you.”

Hero looked down at his notebook, pencil, and the piece of paper given to him by the counselor.

“I’ll help you out but only for today.” Hero turned around to see Vic standing right behind him. His hair was neat, his clothes was neat. The way he stood was neat. What was this guy so neat?

Vic’s eyes followed Cyndi as she hurried down the hall.

“Looks like she abandoned you.” Vic casually added on, “So you like her?”

“Are you talking about Cyndi?”“Yeah, who else am I talking about?”

“She hates me.”

“That’s kind of true. It does look like she hates you.” Vic was somewhat satisfied with the answer except Hero avoided the actual question.  Did he like her or did he not care?

“Here… let me take a look at your schedule.”

“My what?”

“Just hand me the piece of paper.”

Was he dumb? Vic didn’t say it out loud though.

“Okay, so what you have to do is…”



Sykotica Notes: Drawn in Live Brush. No need for the wife this time. Nioce.