Java Ornaments

Sykotica Preview Layouts
VOLUME XXXI: Java Ornaments ~ Picture Perfect Ramble

Cyndi is the outdoor kind of girl. She loves to take pictures ever since she could hold a camera and click the little button on top (she had one of those toy versions with flowers all over it). Eventually, she became a photographer working as a free lancer, selling her photos to various magazines for a living. There were a few who asked her to photograph models and such. They were willing to pay big bucks too but she turned down every offer. For some reason, she never photographs people. It was always buildings, nature… anything that didn’t move or talk. Was she uncomfortable with people? Who knows… ahh maybe not… Bottom line is, Cyndi doesn’t like taking pictures of people.

Hero is a renown photographer. He’s been in the industry since a young age (compared to others). Got to say… he has got a gift. He loves drawing and designing. That must be where he gets all his ideas for artistic/unique poses and scenes for his photos. Didn’t matter if it was for a magazine or an album or even a celebrity’s personal collection, Hero did it all… except he was rather picky when it came to who he works with. There are many people who dislike him because of his difficult arrogant attitude when it came to photography. Although they dislike him, they can’t deny the fact that he is a genius when it comes to taking photos. It was an honor to be his subject and it seems like all his subjects are beautiful women. Hmm… makes you wonder if he is some kind of player or ert… hmm…

Somehow Hero and Cyndi’s worlds clash. Cyndi is just grossed out by his arrogant self centered manners but she can’t help being drawn in by his intellect. She learns a lot of technical things about photography from him. Hero looks down upon Cyndi because she is just an amateur photographer in his eyes. She has never used half the equipment he has… what the heck? Yeah, but after he found an interesting photo while looking through some stuff and found out that she was the one who took it…. ahhh his opinion of her starts to change. There was something in her pictures that he couldn’t really describe… it wasn’t artistic or flashy but it was eye catching. Not the “wow, so colorful” kind of eye catching. It was more of that… “wow, I feel something” eye catching. In other words… you can say that her photos bring out unusual emotions (unexpected ones). They learn from each other and are able to see more than what is inside their own little world. As they grow close, Hero finds out why Cyndi doesn’t like taking pictures of people and Cyndi finds out why Hero is super picky with his clients. They tell themselves that they’re just friends who share the same love… yeah right… there has got to be something more… if they keep telling themselves that every time they have an awkward moment… something is definitely up.


One time Hero even told her that he wanted to take pictures of her and not just casual ones (no no…. no pictures o.o) She was like what the heck? but he persuaded her and she gave in (but not completely). She wasn’t going to wear those fancy artsy gowns or anything like that. It was either her casual self or nothing at all. Hero grabbed on to whatever chance he had.

This picture he took was special… why was it special? Because he keeps this where he could see it everyday… romantic or creepy? Eh, she looks cute. Who wouldn’t want to see this face when they wake up in the morning?

Guess Hero found a subject he really likes…. he can’t stop snapping shots of her. Especially when she takes him out to show him her photography. At first he was afraid to let her know he was taking pictures of her and use his old phone to snap a shot. When she asked what he was doing (rather suspiciously), he said he was checking if he got any text messages…

He took so many pictures of Cyndi, she decided to take revenge and snap a picture at him with her camera and he caught her. “Ha! You’re taking picture of a person! The curse is over!” She replies that she didn’t click but secretly she did… who wouldn’t? Then Hero just grabbed her hand and helped her point the camera straight at him. With his finger, he helped her push down the button. After he did that, he was like… “See? Nothing happened and I’m not mad at you.” He let go over her hand along with the camera “I’m not going to even touch your camera.” Hero didn’t know she already got over it when she secretly snapped that picture when she was annoyed with him for taking so many pictures of her.

XSYKOTICA