Ticking Away

Sykotica Preview Layouts
XSYKOTICA
VOLUME LXVI: Ticking Away
Love and Death, Time and the Abyss ~ Excerpt
This is a story of guilt and redemption, hope and despair. You have been warned.

What is a life’s story without death? Life, love, and death. We are always moving towards that day, never away. Some float aimlessly forward, other race towards it but we will all reach it in time. There are people in this city who wake up each morning believing they have purpose. There are people in this city who watch as cities appear and disappear, children grow and stars combust. They watch the world change around them while the feeling of meaningless stays the same. It’s that very feeling of going somewhere but not knowing the reason why. Is this belief in purpose a way to pass the time till we walk off the edge?

This man, he thought there was a purpose for him. He believed it whole heartedly until he became involved with her life. She didn’t believe in that kind of meaning bull but she kept running the treadmill life had given her. She kept running. For her, it was an evil cycle. There was no beginning or end.

For this story, there will undoubtedly be an end, I assure you.

He had to make Chou fully trust him. He had to get in deeper to break the trafficking and the drug mules from the inside. All he needed to do was know everyone who worked for Chou and do all his dirty work. It sounded rather straight forward from an observer’s point of view but for Hero, the problem lied beside him. He didn’t want to hurt her. She was a part of his life now ever since their first appointment. Every Thursday at 1AM, he would go to 22nd street to pick her up. She would get into his car and sit in the passenger seat without uttering a word. He knew she had service at least a dozen jerks before she entered his car so he didn’t mind the silence. She was probably worn out especially with the rough ones. Once they got to his place, she went straight to his bed and he would ____ her. After that, they would watch one of his favorite western movies and have a late night snack. They were almost like a couple. Almost.

At 5AM, they would both wake up to the honking in the streets below. One of Chou’s men came to pick up their merchandise. Hero handed her the money and she left out the door. He had the habit of looking out the window after her. Chou’s man collected all the earnings from her. Sometimes he would slap her. Then slap her again before shoving her into the car. Watching the whole scene made his blood boil but there was nothing he could do. Why did he keep torturing himself?

In his short sleep, Hero dreamt about going far away from this place. To forget his job as an undercover cop. To forget this vermin infested city. But he was never able to turn it into a reality. The purpose kept him prisoner here in this lousy apartment. The purpose made him put up with all the from people like Chou.

Having purpose .

Hero and Cyndi slept late into the day. There was no one below honking the horn. Today was not Thursday. She was not supposed to be here.

“Just let me stay a little while longer. I’ll leave as soon as Oki is finished selling his dope at the corner of the street.”

“He’s that bald guy who works for Chou, right?” Hero watched her back. The sweat shirt was a little too big for her. He could see she had a few purple bruises above her shoulder blades.

“Yeah.” Cyndi replied.

Hero looked at the clock. It was already four in the afternoon.

“I have to go soon but I’ll fix you something first.” He got out of bed reluctantly and dragged himself to the shower. She followed him in.

 

Sykotica Notes: The rest of this is so bloody rated mature. Lots of F's. Lots of K's. Lots of D's. Sixth layout with AFF in it. Who's counting? I was looking through some old stuff and found this poster. This layout was made based on it. We'll see if she uses this. I will be stalking like a stalky stalker. Don't ask me to fix that broken light down there. I won't do it.