Filmstrips

Sykotica Preview Layouts



XSYKOTICA
LAS VEGAS
♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦ VOLUME XLIX: Filmstrips ~ What Hoppins in Vegas, Stays in Vegas (Chew they Really? Dun dun dunnnnnnn) ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦  ♦ 

How does it all go?

Okay so… Hero and Cyndi are in Vegas for Spring Break with a couple of friends. They wake up one afternoon in the same hotel room. Neither of them are in bed. The camera zooms to a giant bunny in the bath tub. No wait, it’s Hero in a bunny suit. Cyndi is out in the kitchen on the counter. Hero wakes up and bumps his furry head on the faucet while Cyndi almost rolls off the countertop.

What are they wearing?

Hero is in a bunny suit, duh. Long white ears with pink filling. Giant round black eyes. A matching pink nose and whiskers. Cyndi is wearing one of those white frilly little skirts that look like a tutu. She also has on a furry pink tubetop, white net stockings and no shoes. Oh and let’s not forget the very large sparkly diamond on her finger.

Hero has a bunny for a head while Cyndi has a bird nest for hair.

So the camera goes back to Hero who is stumbling in the dark. Why is it so stuffy and dark? Takes him a while to figure out that he has something over his head. He removes the thing and looks at it. OMG a bunny head? What is going on? Hero searches the other rooms but no one is there. He stumbles into the kitchen and finds Cyndi looking as bewildered as he. What in the world is she wearing? Wait… this outfit is as bizarre.

“Cyndi, you know where the others are?”

“Huh? I… something doesn’t feel right.”

“We must have drank a little too much last night.”

“I don’t drink. I swear I didn’t drink anything.”

“You remember anything? My mind is completely blank?”

Cyndi doesn’t answer the question.

“Why are you in that bunny suit?”

“I just told you I don’t remember anything.”

“Oh… same…”

“Maybe the others will know.”

“Yeah… if we can find them.”

“Let’s go then.” Hero pulls Cyndi toward the door.

“You’re gonna go outside looking like THAT? I don’t want to go out looking like THIS.” She points to all of her.

Cyndi has a point. She looks like a y stripper… or something like that.

“You’re right. Let’s go find our clothes.”

Hero and Cyndi goes in search of something else to wear. They inspect every inch of the suite but not even a sock is in sight.

“What the heck happened to our clothes?”

“There’s nothing else to wear unless you want to wrap yourself in the bed sheets.” Hero lifts up the corner of a very wrinkly sheet.

“Hell no. People will think we had wild or something.”

“Then what we’re wearing now will have to do.” Hero puts his bunny head back on.

“What are you doing? Are you crazy?”

“It is less embarrassing this way. I can hide my face.”

“Then what about me?!”

“Your face IS a mask.” Hero points at her heavily powdered face. Isn’t she white enough already?

Cyndi slaps his hand away. “Where do you suggest we start looking?”

“Umm… find out what room this is and then ask the people at the front desk for info on the others.”

“Wait… why can’t we just call them?”

“We can’t find any clothes… you think we can find our cellphones?”

“But the hotel phone…”

“You remember any numbers?”

“Uhh….”

“Thought so. Let’s go and check the room number then go down to the lobby.”

Hero and Cyndi memorizes the room number and then goes to the elevator to wait. The elevator arrives and opens up. No one is inside. What a relief. The elevator makes a few stop on the way to the lobby.

A couple and their little boy stares at Hero and Cyndi as the elevator door opens one last time before reaching the lobby. The boy starts to cry when the mother pulls him into the elevator.

“Mommy! That bunny is scary. It’s evil! It will-”

His mom covers up his mouth to muffle his cry.

“You shouldn’t have let him watch that Evil Easter Bunny movie last night.” She says to her husband. The family steps out of the elevator. The father starts to apologize, “Sorry. We’ll take the next elevator.” He says it politely enough but in his head, he is probably cursing them for being so abnormal.

Hero and Cyndi finally make it to the lobby. Cyndi sighs, “That was torture.”

“I have a feeling it’s gonna get worse.” At least a dozen pair of curious eyes are on them.

“Walk quickly.” Cyndi whispers to Hero. She speeds away toward the front desk with Hero hopping behind as best as he could in the sweaty bunny suit. It doesn’t help much that he easily sweats. And the bunny feet. Hero trips and falls. His head comes loose and rolls away. He scrambles to retrieve it and attracts more unwanted attention. How embarrassing. Hero stands beside Cyndi now.

“These feet are killing me.”

Cyndi looks down at Hero’s large bunny feet. “Then take it off.”

Hero starts to take off his bunny feet while Cyndi continues her talk with the confused woman behind the desk.

“We just came from Room AK28 and want to find the people who stayed with us last night.”

“Do you have any identification or perhaps a key, proof that you stayed at AK28?”

“Hold on…” Cyndi turns to Hero. “Did we see any keys in the room?”

“I don’t think so… ugh this is like stuck.” Hero sticks one of his foot at her. “Please help me pull it off.”

“This isn’t the time for that, we need the- OMG, is that a key?” Cyndi points to the bunny feet.

The lady behind the desk nods. “Uhh, yes it is.”

“What? This bunny foot is actually a hotel room key? And I thought it couldn’t get any weirder.” Hero is baffled.

“No! The key is stuck to the sole of your feet.” Cyndi tries to peel it off but it is stuck like super glue.

“I can’t get it off.” Hero is now hopping on one foot. His hands are both holding on to the counter but it is slippery with his bunny paws.

They both make quiet a scene.

“Don’t worry about it. I got the number on the card. Let’s see…” The woman punches some numbers into the computer and continues, “It looks like no one else was staying with you, Mr. and Mrs. Lee.”

“What?” Hero and Cyndi stops their craziness immediately.

“The person who checked you in was Wade. I will ring him.”

Hero and Cyndi waits as the woman talks on the phone with Wade.

“He says you were the one who checked in last night, Mr. Lee.”

“Thank you, Thank you. You are too kind to us.” Bunny Hero says.

She just smiles but probably in her mind, she just wants them out without a fuss before she loses this job.

Cyndi pulls Hero aside. “Mr. and Mrs. Lee?!?! You stole a credit card?”

“How should I know? I don’t remember a damn thing.”

“OMG…” Cyndi smacks his bunny head and it goes spinning. “Maybe a few more of these hits will make it come back.”

“Hey! Stop that, vicious woman!”

“Your…” Cyndi pulls his head closer.

“Don’t do anything crazy. I’m sorry for calling you a vicious woman.”

Cyndi yanks the loose label out from the mask. “This is a rental. You rented this bunny costume.”

“Does it have an address?”

“Yeah. Let’s go check it out.”

Hero and Cyndi walk a couple of blocks. Thank goodness it isn’t far.

They enter the costume store. A short Hispanic lady greets them.

“Welcome back! We got the lovely picture you sent to us. What a lovely bunny couple.”

“What picture?” Cyndi ask the little lady.

The lady pulls out a photo of them. They look like a bunny couple. The Cyndi in the picture wears bunny ears too. So… she is like a playboy bunny?

“Yes, I think it is very cute. You two marry in bunny ears.”

“Marry?!?” Hero and Cyndi screams in unison.

They look at the picture again and it is indeed taken in front of an altar.

“Yes yes… I see you two love the bunnies so much. I will give to you the costumes as late wedding present. So cute. Oh honey..” She turns to Cyndi, “Did you lose your bunny ears while having wild fun y night?”

“We did not have fun wild… whatever you just said. We don’t even remember what happened!”

The little lady ignores Cyndi and continues, “I will go get you another one from the back.” She waddles through the back door.

“What are we going to do, Hero?”

Hero is looking at the picture again. He turns the picture over.

“There is an address to a wedding chapel. Let’s get out of here.”

“Yeah, let’s go before she comes back with new bunny ears for me.”

The wedding chapel is conveniently located right across from the costume store (so that couples can dress up for their crazy weddings).

Hero and Cyndi enter the wedding chapel.

“OMG… I think it’s true…” Cyndi grabs Hero. “Look at this huge ring.” She shows him the giant diamond ring.

“We got married in Las Vegas.” Cyndi wants to faint.

“We don’t know for sure.” They both walk towards the reception area when something catches Hero’s eyes.

“Hey… there is a picture of you on the bulletin board.”

“What?”

“Wanted for Grand Theft… a diamond ring worth 7.8 million?!?”

“OMG… I’m wearing 7.8 million?!?!” Cyndi starts to admire the ring on her finger.

“That’s not the point. The point is.. you stole that ring and you yell at me for stealing a credit card?”

“Hello. Can I help you?” They turn to see a man who looks like Elvis but an uglier version.

“Do you remember us? From last night, maybe?” Hero begins.

“There were many couples who got married last night.”

“Maybe… a bunny couple… yeah, she had bunny ears and I look like this.”

“Yes, I guess I do remember that.”

“Were there other people there with us? We need to find them so we can solve this bunny marriage credit card diamond ring mess….” Cyndi finally looks up from her ring.

“Uhh…” The ugly Elvis looks a little nervous.

“Uhh, what? What really happened last night?” Hero asks the guy.

The ugly Elvis motions for another man. “Bob, shoot them again.”

Bob shoots them with a tranquilizer gun.

So Cyndi was right about the drinking part. She didn’t drink. She was tranquilized.

Yep. That’s what happened. Hero and Cyndi gets dropped off at a Motel this time. The next morning, they wake up in the same room. Cyndi is under the bed. Hero is hanging from the door hanger. Cyndi gets up and bumps her head on the mattress. She crawls out from under the bed and goes in search for the others. It’s not hard finding the other. The other (Hero) is hanging from the door hanger.

“Hero… wake up…”

“Huh?”

“Where is everyone? And what happened last night?”

The End.

What really happened that night?

Ugly Elvis stole the goods including the credit card and the diamond ring. When he couldn’t get away with it, he framed Hero and Cyndi. So you’re in or not?

The newly wedded couple smiles at each other.

It sounds like a fun short movie. We’ll do it!

Great! Oh, and congrats on finally coming out clean with that crazy relationship. I saw the Easter Special with the kids and the “Alice in Wonderland” play. The public announcement was pure awesomeness.

Sykotica Notes: CONTENTID3's color is best left black. Yes, I know what filmstrips look like. This is a stretch. Enter the twilight zone. Use your imagination.