Chalkboard

Sykotica Preview Layouts
XSYKOTICA
VOL XXXIX: Chalkboard ~ Empath 2
Hero rushed to his car as fast as he could without actually running. The last thing he wanted to do was draw attention to himself. He tried to ignore the throbbing in his head but the world was getting louder and louder around him. It could only mean one thing. That woman was around. What was her name? Cyndi? He wasn’t in the mood to deal with her right now… heck… he would rather not have to deal with her for the rest of his life.

Hero nervously searched the throng of people for her. He couldn’t take the chance of bumping into her. Within seconds, he spotted her across the street waiting for the light to turn green. She wore sunglasses, had a Bluetooth in one ear, and donned a suit. A cold chill crept up his spine and he shivered. It was like watching “The Matrix” all over again and that woman was “Mr. Smith.” Hero decided that if he didn’t get to his car before the light turned green, it would be the apocalypse for him. He made his way towards his car while one eye was glued on Cyndi AKA “Mr. Smith.”

Just a little bit further, Hero thought to himself. His head felt like it was going to split in two. She was definitely feeling some kind of strong emotion.

Finally, after what felt like a million years, he reached his car. And just when Hero thought he was safe, guess who called out to him from behind.

He was so dead. So freakin’ dead.

“Hero! Heroooooo!!!! What crazy co-inky-dink we ran into each other like this!”

It was more like her running towards him… while he was running away.

Hero didn’t turn around and pretended to not hear her even though half the street probably heard her.

Cyndi didn’t seem to mind that he had his back turned to her still so she continued, “Guess what? I went to an interview today and got the job. Isn’t that just great! I think I’m so hyper now I could run up the wall.”

She was driving him up the wall. But anyways, that would definitely explain his massive headache. Hero opened the door to get in and speed off but she held on to his arm.

He was trapped.

“Come. Let’s go grab a drink. It’s on me!”

Hero tried tugging out of her grip but she was pretty strong.

“Maybe another time. Congrats. Bye.” Hero pulled as hard as he could and his arm was free.

Freedom!

He got into his car at lightning speed and drove off like a reckless driver.

Cyndi stood there watching his car vroom off.

“Look at him go. I swear I’ll get you next time, boy. Most definitely.” She threw her head back and laughed. It didn’t bother her that everyone was staring.

Who cares? Not her.