Urban Hope

Sykotica Preview Layouts
XSYKOTICA

VOLUME IX: Urban Hope ~ Dance of Death - Intermission I
The Day of Purpose, The Day to Die
Whispers, whispers “Remember thou art mortal.”

With the Devil you can bargain misdeeds,
But you can never strike a deal with Death.
She will listen to your woes and pleads,
Though she will not return you, save your breath.

Once it’s your time, that’s it.
Sure you can run but you can’t hide.
Plan an escape. In fact, you should try.
None have ever managed. Will you be any different?

In the history of mankind, Death has never failed.
Can this be the first?
When Destiny decides to pull a prank…
No, nothing should change.

She is Death,
No mortal can resist her touch.
A touch so cold,
Life gives way, paving her path.

Whispers, whispers "Remember..."

When it’s time, she’ll come.

She’ll say “take a ride with me”
And surely offer her hand.
Once you take that hand of hers, it’s a one way trip.

When the train departs, there’s no getting off.
And as it slows before entering the final stretch,
You’ll see a sign greet you.
“Welcome” it reads.

Welcome… 
To where?

Shall it rhyme with “Well” 
The festering god-forsaken pit where little ones fell?
Shall it rhyme with “Bell”
For all the time it chimes farewell?

Welcome to where?
The answer will come in due time.

 

Death is just bidding her time, really, waiting for us to finish what we were written out to do in the book of life.

Death again? Why is it always death? Because death is the core, a core so massive that we cannot escape its gravitational pull. In some sense, death is like a giant vacuum, cleaning the world, one mistake at a time. Some cling on to resist being in but one can only hold on for so long before their strength leaves them in sickness and old age. They are forced to lose their grip. Some wander the streets never thinking or caring about the giant doom looming above. When the switch finally flicks on, they don’t even notice. And the others? Well, the rest prepare themselves.

Cyndi was one of these few. She knew the exact day, the exact place, the exact time of her death ever since she understood what the word meant.

“Ma, does it hurt when you die?”

“Only if you let it hurt you.”

“Really?”

At the age of seven, she accepted her fate but that didn’t stop her from asking why.

“Ma, what is the reason for dying?”

“Nothing in life is free, love.”

“Really? Not even my love for you and your love for me?”

“If I kissed you, would you want to kiss me back?”

“Yes! Of course!”

At the age of nine, she knew her main purpose.

“Ma, what is she like? The Cyndi we are hiding from him.”

“She must look exactly like you for you were made in her image.”

At the age of twelve, she finally broke the habit of staring at herself in the mirror.

“Ma, she is probably grown-up looking, right? I probably don’t look like her.”

“Only time will tell, my sweet. Come and help me air out these linen.”

At the age of fifteen, she had her first boyfriend.

“Ma, Do you think he’ll be like Danson when he finds me?”

“Perhaps, though you must remember he is immortal. But you’ll find out soon, won’t you…”

“I guess you’re right.”

At the age of eighteen, he walked through the door and into her life.

“Good morning! Would you like to try our house blend wake up coffee?”

“I’d love to, Cyndi.”

At the age of twenty, they met again during one of his lectures.

“Yes, miss. You had a question?”

“How do you know when the two electrons will collide?”

“There are a few calculations that can be done to predict instances, if you’d like, I can go into more details after the seminar.”

At the age of twenty-four, she got married to Dr. Hero Kim Jaejoong.

“I do.”

“You may now kiss the bride.”

At the age of twenty-nine, she knew death was only a few months away as she spoke with the Angel of Destiny.

“You know who she is by now, don’t you?”

“Yes, of course.”

“Hero has give you your happiness?”

“Yes, of course.”

“Would you like to give him his happiness?”

“Yes! Of course!”

It was decided that she would pursue her next purpose, to defy the first. Cyndi found the right time to tell him all he needed to know. She showed him the right way to search.

“She’s Death. To see her, you usually need to be near death or dying.”

Being immortal, he could not die. He never tried to for he had to stay alive in order to continue his search for her. Hero now knew how they had managed to keep her from him. It was so simple and yet he had never thought of it.

Hero was so focused on living that their paths never crossed. She was Death and he was far from it. With the help of Destiny, who understood this kind of love, he succeeded in drawing her attention.

He was very thankful to both the Angel of Destiny and his wife of six years.

“Use my death to your best advantage.”

“Why must you die?”

“It has already been decided.”

“Then it is good bye.”

“I guess so. And since she already noticed you, it will not be hard to see her. Remember to use my death to get closer to her.”

“How?”

“I trust you will know when the time comes.”

And so she left the world knowingly. With sadness because she was not the one, because he did not share the same feelings for her. With happiness because she had purpose, because she could now rest in peace.

Sykotica Notes: Hopeless... just completely hopeless. This one is a gift for everyone (even though this concept took me longer than the rest to visualize. Look at me complaining already. I was planning to charge a bunch of kp for this but I was made to give it out for free like a present. I'm a total push over. Hopeless). Anyway, Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year. You're going to probably have more fun than me. I'm driving everyone to Vegas tomorrow. Wish we could just all fly there (strap myself to a bunch of birds...o, wait, all that bird crap... maybe not my best idea). I'm probably going to fall asleep at the wheel, so GL everyone around me. If you want this layout, get it now because it's going back up to 10 kp after New Years to stay uniform with the others. Edit: back to 10. Happy 2014.