Chapter 6: Big News... TPOV

Meeting Each Other
I sighed in frustration as I looked down the road. Daesung noticed this and said, “Don’t worry, hyung.”

He’s been saying that over and over. It never really assured me anymore. How are we going to find her in this big of a city? So many girls came up to us, but none of them were her. And all I wanted was her. I could tell Daesung was getting anxious, too. He wouldn’t even meet my eyes whenever he repeated his words anymore.

“Maybe we should just call it a night.” I sighed once more. Daesung and I have been searching for the particular girl the whole time. The sun set an hour ago already.

Daesung looked at me and nodded. This time, he sighed in frustration. “I wish we really did find her.”

I clenched my hands into fists and stuffed them into my pockets. This was killing me. Why couldn’t I find her? Was it not meant to be? Am I supposed to be single forever? Could I have stayed with that girl if I wasn’t famous? Daesung and I reached our dorm by then. I walked straight into my room, while Daesung went straight into the kitchen for some food.

I plopped down on my bed, my face buried in my pillow. I stayed mostly awake, but I didn’t want to go outside my room. I know Daesung is in the living room watching TV while eating ramen. I looked at the clock. It was only 9:45 pm. Where were the other guys? Could they have found “Miss Perfect”? My heart stopped for a second at the thought of them finding another girl.

“Daesung-ah!” I heard someone shout in the living room. I heard a door open then slam. “We found her! We found Miss Perfect!”

My heart dropped and I could have sworn that I heard the thud. They found someone else. I pounded my pillow numerous times. Why did they have to find a girl? Why couldn’t they have given up?

“Wha~!” Daesung exclaimed after a few silent seconds. “Jiyong hyung! Where did you find her?”

“We found her in a meadow just right outside the city.” That didn’t sound like Jiyong. Seunghyun hyung must have interrupted Jiyong. I heard someone growl and a slap. “Ow! What?” Seunghyun hyung exclaimed. Jiyong must have hit him. I chuckled. I got off my bed and sat down on my desk chair. I rolled myself closer toward the door and listened in.

“You can sit right there.” I heard Daesung say.

“You’re right Seungri-ah! She is pretty!” I heard Jiyong exclaim. For some reason, I heard Jiyong’s voice becoming louder. Then I heard footsteps coming toward my door. Before I could react, Jiyong burst through my door. Sadly enough, since I was close to the door, the door flew back and hit the back of my head.

“Aishh!” I exclaimed as I rubbed the back of my head. I stood up and sat down on my bed.

“What were you doing back there, YoungBae?” Jiyong asked seriously. But in a second, the seriousness was gone and he was grinning a goofy smile. “Forget it. You have to meet the girl we found!” Jiyong started jumping up and down.

I shook my head. I didn’t want to meet her. I wanted to meet the girl that I saw. But I couldn’t let Jiyong know that. “My head hurts. I’ll just go to sleep.” I lied.

Jiyong shook his head. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the living room. I snatched my hand away.

“I’m going to lay down. I’ll see that girl tomorrow.” I grumbled as I walked back to my room. I dump myself back on my bed and listen in the conversation in the living room. It’s not that I don’t think the girl is perfect, but I just wish it was the girl. The girl that I’ve been thinking about. It doesn’t seem fair.

“Sorry, YoungBae doesn’t want to come out.” I heard Jiyong explain.

“Who?” I heard a higher voice ask. This must be “Miss Perfect”. Her voice is so soft. Either it’s the wall between the living room and me or she’s shy.

“Oh. YoungBae. His band name is Taeyang.” Daesung cut in. Daesung had a certain edge to his voice. Like he was angry? Disappointed? I can’t tell.

Nobody replied. She must have nodded or the guys are smiling at that girl.

“Anyway,” Seungri says. “I’m Lee Seunghyun. My band name is Seungri.”

“Hello, Seunghyun.” The soft voice says. She sounds like she has a nice voice. Like music’s playing right now. What am I thinking! The girl who I’ve met at the street is who should be here. Not that random fan girl. I sighed. I shouldn’t be that mean. I should give her a chance at least.

“You already know but I’m Kwon Jiyong.” Jiyong says. I heard a soft giggle and I found myself committing the sound to memory. What. Am. I. Doing? Am I starting to like this other girl more than the one who’s been in my thoughts for a while now? I shake my head and tune back to the conversation.

“I’m Choi Seunghyun. My band name is TOP.” Seunghyun hyung says. “We’re not related or anything. We just have the same names.” Seunghyun hyung explains. The girl must have been confused. Seungri laughs while the girl speaks.

“I already know you, Daesung.” I heard the girl say. What? Daesung knows this girl? Could this be… No. No, it can’t be the girl that I met. But…

“It’s nice to meet you again.” I heard Daesung sing. I stood up from my bed. I leaned my ear against the wall. Could this really be the girl? It’s can’t be, right? This is about a one in a million probability here.

“Sure is.” The girl’s voice said. I can’t really place her voice. It does sound familiar. “It’s getting late. I should probably go home.”

I found my heart breaking at the thought of her going home without us meeting each other. But then again, I only chose not to see her because she’s not the girl I wanted to see. But, why am I acting like this? Either I’m starting to have a “crush” on this girl or that girl is the one. This is so confusing.

“It’s already late out.” Daesung said. “I’ll walk you home.” I heard the smile in his voice. I almost growled from the thought. Surely this girl won’t go home with some singer late at night. Ah, what am I thinking? I know Daesung.

“Um, I don’t know.” She says hesitantly.

“Don’t worry.” Seungri exclaims. “I’ll do it. You go rest now, hyung.”

I heard a bunch of movements until Seungri exclaims, “Ah! Hyung! Get me out! You’re embarrassing me!”

“Not a chance.” I heard Jiyong grumble. I could hear Seungri grunting. Jiyong must have Seungri in a headlock again. “I’ll take you home.” Jiyong says.

“Uh…” I heard the girl say then she nervously chuckled.

“I can take you home, if you want.” I heard Seunghyun hyung say nervously.

“No!” Jiyong and Seungri protest. Seungri starts grunting again and Jiyong growls back. I swear those two are like little brothers.

“Aishh. Calm down. I’m just going to walk her home.” Daesung says. “Come on. Let’s go.” I hear silence, two pairs of feet shuffle, and then a door open and close.

I hear three sad sighs.

“I guess we’ll just see her tomorrow.” Seungri sadly says. I could picture him moping right now.

“Let’s just all go to sleep and kill Daesung tomorrow morning.” Jiyong sighs again. I could just imagine him pouting right now, too.

I heard someone walking towards my door. I dive quickly back into my bed and pretend to sleep. My door slightly opens. One of the guys must be checking on me. Whoever he is, he lingers for a while, shuts off my lights, and then closes my door. I sat up straight and listen. I heard a door open then close across the hallway. Seunghyun hyung must have been the one to check up on me. I heard someone else shut off the lights in the living room and walk all the way down the hall.

“Night, Seunghyun.” Jiyong says, passing my room.

I heard a shuffling of feet go down the hall as well. “Night, guys.” Seunghyun says quietly.

I tried to stay up that night and wait for Daesung to come back home, but my eyelids seemed to fail me. I ended up sleeping just after forty minutes.