Chapter 12: A Talk with YG... CPOV

Meeting Each Other
Jeez, I’m so nervous. I wish at least one of the guys were here with me. Why does the president want to speak to me in private? What is he going to talk about? Oh my god, what if he tells me that I’m not right for the boys’ music video? Or what if he figures out that I like YoungBae and he tells me to stay away? I start pulling down on my sleeves.

“Please, take a seat, Charlotte.” YG tells me. I take a seat in front of him. Calm down, Charlotte, calm down. I take three deep breaths and smile at Mr. YG.

Mr. YG drums his fingers on his desk for a while. And I must say, it’s slowly making me scared. Mr. YG sighs and says, “You’re a very beautiful girl, Charlotte. But…”

I stiffened. Oh my gosh, he going to tell me I’m not right for the video. He seems to notice and smiles. “Don’t worry. I think you’re perfect for the MV.” I sigh in relief. “So, from the way the members treat you, I think you’re a perfect fit. You look like you can act very well.”

“How would you know I could act well when I haven’t done anything?” I blurt out. Stupid, stupid mouth!

“Well, you’re already acting are you?” He smiles. “You look calm and cool, but from your eyes, you’re all nervous.”

I chuckle and I felt myself relax a little. “Sorry.”

“Oh, no need to say sorry.” He laughs. “It’s adorable.” With that, I felt even more relaxed. We talk for a while more and Mr. President isn’t as intimidating as I thought he would be. He’s like a father from the way he talks about the boys and other people here. You could see the fondness in his eyes when he talks about them. He then proceeds on telling me about the boys. I laugh as he shares some stories about them.

I found myself clutching my sides as he tells me what Daesung was like when he first entered the company.

“He smiles that much?” I laugh.

“Yes. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a day where Daesung hasn’t smiled once.”

Mr. YG continues to tell me about YoungBae and Jiyong’s friendship. It’s unbelievable that they’ve known each other for that long, especially, if they’re training so young.

“So, what else about those two?” I ask, interested.

Mr. YG thought about it for a while. He smirks, but it instantly disappears. He looks intensely into my eyes. “Well, YoungBae has never had a girlfriend.”

I grew still. He’s never had a girlfriend? Impossible. How could someone so gorgeous never have had a girlfriend before? Wait, why is he staring intensely at me? I pull on my sleeves again and shift in my seat.

“Um…” I mumble.

“Then again, Jiyong hasn’t had much girlfriends either.” Mr. YG shrugs.

I take a deep breath and gather all my courage. “Why were you looking at me like that when you told me about YoungBae’s love life?”

He smiles at me. “You have courage, I like that.” He laughs a little then turns serious. “Do you have an interest in YoungBae?”

I did not expect that. I start tugging on the tips of my hair. “Um…I, uh.” I stutter.

He stares at me for what seem like years. I continue to tug on my hair. He serious face breaks into a smile. “Well, then. I think your face says it all. You may go now.” I give him a smile and stand up. On my way to the door, he stops me. “Wait.” I turn back and smile. “Please bring in YoungBae for me.”

I nod and wave at him. As I walk through the door I see YoungBae and Daesung pacing while the other three were talking amongst them. They all stop and look at me. I give them a reassuring smile and lock eyes with YoungBae.

“Mr. YG wants to see you.” I tell him. His eyes suddenly grow nervous and worried. I give him another smile and gesture toward the door. YoungBae walks past me and brushes his hand against mine before he enters the office. As I walk to the boys, I hear YG say something in Korean. Then I hear the door shut.

Daesung was the first one to greet me with open arms. He hugs me and whispers in my ear, “How’d it go?”

I pull apart from him. “It went great.” I lie.

Before Daesung could say a word, Jiyong suddenly hugs me. “So glad to hear it went okay.” He smiles at me. I laugh and meet Daesung’s eyes. He gives me a stern “we’ll talk about this later” look. Then, just like Mr. President, Daesung breaks into a smile.

“Well,” Daesung starts. “What should we do today?”

The boys start making wild ideas, but I couldn’t help but think about YoungBae. Again. Why does YG only need to see him? What is he going to ask YoungBae? Is YG going to tell YoungBae to stay away from me? Are they going to talk about me?

After that last question reached my mind, I had a feeling they were talking about me for sure.