Chapter 23: Just A Feeling...TPOV

Meeting Each Other
It’s already 9:52 p.m. and the two are still not here. Aish, is Seungri planning to stay out the whole night? I sigh in frustration and inhale the scent one more time in the pillow. Yeah, it’s still there.

At around 8 p.m., the others and I got back to our dorm. Seunghyun hyung went to sleep around 9:34 because of lack of sleep the night before. Jiyong went to his room to do some “thinking time” as he said. And Daesung is currently in the shower. Just then, I hear the door in the living room open and close. I quickly walk out of my room and see Seungri and Charlotte.

“Aye, hyung!” Seungri cheerfully says when he spotted me.

I ruffle his hair. “Did you guys have fun?” Wow, I sound exactly like a parent. I suppress a shudder as I smile at Charlotte. Finally, I feel so much better now. It’s as if a huge weight was lifted.

Seungri nods. “The best night. Ever.” He says excitedly. “Where’s Jiyong hyung?” I point down the hallway and Seungri runs and bursts in Jiyong’s room. “Hyung!”

“Yah! Seungri-ah!” I hear Jiyong shout. I hear the door shut loudly.

Someone sighs next to me. I look at Charlotte; she has a tired yet peaceful expression on her face.

“Are you tired already?” I ask her.

She looks up at me. She lightly nods as she smiles. She lifts up her hand and wipes at her face. “It’s so hot outside. It’s amazing that this building can be so cold sometimes.”

I tug on her ponytail and smile. I hold her hand and lead her to the kitchen. I go get a glass of water and give it to her. She gulps it all down in a few seconds.

“Hyung, is noona—Oh! Noona!” Daesung comes into the kitchen with a towel around his shoulders. Once he sees Charlotte, Daesung runs over and hugs her tight.

“How was it?” Daesung asks her once they pull away.

Charlotte smiles. “It was really fun. Seungri can be very random at times.”

I lean against the counter with the two. “Where did you guys go?” Daesung asks, his face full of curiosity. After Charlotte thinks about it, she burst out laughing. “Noona?” Daesung asks, giving Charlotte a weird look.

“We went to watch ‘Iron Man 2,’” She tells us. Daesung’s shoulders slump. She pinches his cheek. “But,” She stretches out the word, which makes Daesung turn hopeful. “After the movie, he brought me somewhere a little off from the city.”

Daesung face went through a bunch of emotions. First was confusion, awe, anger, sadness, and happiness stays on his face. As fast as lightning, Daesung was already skipping out the door.

“Hyung~!” I hear Daesung sing cheerfully. “You owe me some money!”

I chuckle under my breath. Charlotte suddenly yawns beside me. “You’re really that tired?”

She yawns again and nods her head slowly. “It’s hard to hang out with Seungri. He’s very hyper.”

I smile. I take her hand. “Come on. Let’s go get your clothes then you can take a shower. It’ll make you sleep more peacefully.” I lead her back to my room. I let go of her hand and go to my closet. I take a set of her clothes and come back out. I see she’s already sitting on the left side with a confused expression on her face. She doesn’t seem to see me on the other side of the bed. I wave my hand in front of her face.

She blinks and smiles at me. “Spacing out.” She sighs.

“I can see that.” I smile at her. “Here.” I hand her the sleepwear. “Go take a shower now.”

She says a quiet “thank you” and leaves the room. I lie back on my bed and sigh happily. I can finally breath with ease. I did expect it to be difficult for me the whole day, but I didn’t realize it was this hard. Do I like her that much already? Like. I laugh to myself bitterly. I still can’t seem to find the word to describe my “crush” for her. Even “crush” seems so middle school. It feels like the word is on the tip of my tongue, but it won’t come out. I haven’t experienced this at all. I mean I did like a girl the way I do for Charlotte before. But, when it’s Charlotte, the feeling seems so real.

A knock on my door breaks my thoughts. Charlotte comes in. She holds up her previous clothes. “Where am I going to put these?”

I sit up. I point towards my closet. “There’s a hamper next to the door inside.” I tell her. She nods and tosses her clothes into the hamper. She then stands awkwardly in front of my closet. “What are you doing over there? I thought you were sleepy?”

“Um…” She tugs on the hem of her red shirt. I pat the space next to me on the bed, which was technically on the left side of the bed. Her eyes lit up. “Really?”

I give her a shy smile and hold my hand out. She takes it and climbs into my bed. I instantly feel the electricity growing stronger and stronger. Once the cover was on top of her, I jump out of bed. She gives me a confused look.

“One minute.” I say as I leave my room. I walk down the hall and open Daesung’s door. He’s already asleep. I close his door and tiptoe across the hall. I softly open Seungri’s door. He’s already passed out on his bed fully dressed. I roll my eyes and close his door. I continue to check Seunghyun hyung and Jiyong’s rooms. They were all sleeping already.

I shrug and turn around. I jump at the sight of Charlotte. I place my hand over my chest and calm down. “You scared me.” I take a deep breath.

She smiles at me. “Then we’re even.” She takes my hand and brings me back to my room. She lets go of my hand and walks over to the left side of the bed. I hear her yawn and she stretches her arms up. With her back facing me, I could see her shirt lift up a little. I look away even if she did show a thin line of her stomach. I shake my head as if to shake the mental picture in my head. I walk over to my side and lay down. Charlotte walks over and switches off the lights. Once my eyes adjusted to the dark, I see Charlotte crawl into the sheets. She turns her back to me and I hear her sigh.

I look over her shoulder. She’s at the edge of the bed again. Does she not want to come at least a little closer?

“You know, you’re going to fall if you keep sleeping there.” I whisper. I wrap my arm around her waist and pull her closer. Again, it seems like my body is doing the thinking and my arm pulls her to my chest. This time, she doesn’t say anything about it. My arm freezes when I feel her move. With sudden movements, she turns around and faces me. At first I thought she was already sleeping, but boy was I wrong.

She moves up a little and levels her face with mine. We lock eyes. I stare into her eyes effortlessly. They seem so deep when I look into them as if there’re millions of emotions swimming in her eyes. She looks back at me with ease. One of her hands moves up and cups my neck. I held her waist tighter in response. She moves her face closer. I felt my eyes widen. Is she going to do what I think she’s going to do?

With a big disappointment, she brings her head down and rests her head between my shoulder and neck. The disappointment suddenly disappears when she moves her hand hesitantly down my back. Electricity strongly shoots up and down my spine. My eyes slowly close and I place my head softly on top of hers. Her hand stops in the middle of my back and slowly trails to the side. She places her hand on my arm, right above my elbow a bit.

We both stay still. I embrace the electricity flowing between our bodies. I quietly sigh. I wish we could stay like this all the time. Charlotte lets out a breath and takes her hand away from my arm. She starts to move her head away. Without thinking, I let go of her waist and place my hand on the back of her head; forcing her to keep her head there. She seemed surprised and stiff from my movement, but she soon relaxed and laid her head back where it previously was. I start smoothing her hair. That’s when I notice something strangely familiar.

“Are you wearing one of my hoodies?” I whisper in her ear.

She chuckles softly. “Yes. I hope you don’t mind, since—“

“Shh.” I cut her off. “I don’t mind.” I take a hold of her hand and hesitantly place her arm around my waist. I felt her freeze. I swiftly wrap my arm around her waist. This feels so…perfect, just bliss.

“Goodnight.” I hear her murmur.

“Sweet dreams.” I whisper.

I close my eyes and bury my face in her hair. This feeling was back. This is the feeling that feels so real, yet it feels like a dream at the same time.

It’s a feeling I thought I would never experience before and I can’t seem to shake this feeling away.