Chapter 10: Flour Power...CPOV

Meeting Each Other
I smile to myself as I enter the kitchen. These boys… are adorable. They seem to make me smile whenever I even think of them. As much as it was awkward what Daesung and Seungri did, I found myself liking it, to be taken care of or being loved. I never really had that in my life. My parents are always going off in “business” trips and my friends in the US were never really close to me. I was never close to any of the friends I’ve made when I was still a child. I’m still the same way. But something about these boys has me considering letting loose and show them the real me.

I giggle and grab a washcloth. I get it wet and I start scrubbing the surfaces. I didn’t notice how much flour I took out. After scrubbing the same place for a while, I stop and glare at the spot as if it’ll suddenly disappear. This isn’t going to work. I guess I’ll leave this part of the cleaning for later. Instead, I grab the pans and kitchen utensils and place them in the sink. I start washing the pan I used to fry the bacon and I found my thoughts going back to that eye-smiling boy.

He’s driving me crazy. Just sitting across from him made me want to just stand up and wrap my arms around him. I was fully aware of that thought which was why I wanted to come back into the kitchen. But it was kind of nice to see the guys acting comfortably around me. Well, I’m not sure about YoungBae though. I can’t figure him out yet. I’ve already figured out the others, but from YoungBae is still a mystery.

I found the pan already clean, so I switched to the next pan I used for the pancakes. I could tell Seunghyun was quiet, but he talks and plays around with the others like a kid. A kid at heart was something to describe him. Jiyong acts like a kid, but a very cute one at it. Jiyong can be serious and thoughtful, too. It’s the same with Seungri. Even if he’s the youngest, it seems he’s just like Jiyong. They’re like Tom and Jerry. They bicker and fight, but they play around and treat each other like brothers. Daesung just glows to me. He’s funny and playful, but serious when he wants to be. He’s caring, too.

I finish up with the pan and move on to the kitchen utensils. I could tell all that just from the way the act around each other. It really is like a family. But I haven’t seen YoungBae talk much nor have I seen him at all. This is the first time I’ve actually seen him longer. I’ve only gotten glimpses of him so far. Though, I could tell he’s shy. It’s just like I am around him. But yet something just screams “sweet” whenever I think about him.

“Noona!” Someone sings behind me. I smile. Daesung, who else? “Here you go.” He leans his back against the surface as he hands me his plate and glass. “Thank you. It was delicious.” He smiles.

I laugh softly. “Well, thank you.” I cleaned up his plate and dry up his glass.

“Do you need help cleaning up?” He asks.

“No, no. You just rest. I bet the couch made you uncomfortable last night.” I blush and add, “Especially with me leaning on you.”

He laughs and says, “No, it was fine.” He pokes me on the side. “You’re really soft.” I giggle and lightly slap his arm. One look at the drops of water sliding down his shirt made me realize that I was still washing the dishes. He brushes them off and looks at me.

“Sorry, sorry.” I quickly say.

“You’ll pay for this.” He put his hands under the running sink and splashes me in the face.

I drop the spoon I was washing and take a few steps back. I wipe my face on my arms. “Daesung!” I laugh. I start shaking my hands all over the place.

Daesung covers his face and laughs along. Jiyong then comes in. He smiles and says, “You have water on your face.”

“I didn’t know that.” I say sarcastically. I flick my fingers at him and cause some drops to land on his face.

“Yah!” He wiped his face. I giggle and take his plate to the sink. I start washing his plate when Jiyong leans on the right side of me. Daesung, on the left side, gets some water again and splashes Jiyong. Jiyong smiled evilly and cupped his hand under the water and threw it at Daesung. Since I was in the middle of it all, I got wet on both sides. I heard someone else come in when I cupped my hands under the water and splashed the two.

“What are you guys doing?” I hear Seungri say. Seunghyun was standing next to him with their plates in hand.

I laugh and place their plates in the sink. Daesung and Jiyong were playing with the water again. I poke them both and say, “Finish up these dishes. I’ll go get the others from the table.”

I smile at Seungri and Seunghyun on my way out of the kitchen. When I get to the table, YoungBae was cleaning it all up.

“Oh! Let me do that.” I rush to his side and take the pile of plates.

He shakes his head. “No, it’s okay.” He grabs for the pile in my hands. His fingers brush my hand and my whole arm started tingling. I blush and let him take it. He gives me a shy smile and it takes all my strength to not tackle him down. I return his smile and pick up the cups and remaining silverware.

I was about to say something until I hear Seungri exclaim something in Korean. YoungBae and I looked at each other. Before I would let myself get lost in his eyes, I asked him, “What did he say?”

He glanced at the door and smiled. He leans in towards me. “He said, ‘Ah, hyung, my hair!’”

“Huh.” I reply, too stunned by the closeness of our faces.

YoungBae smiles at me. “I guess we should see what they did now.”

My whole body starts to tingle as I smile back at him. He goes ahead of me and opens the door despite the plates in his hands. A gentleman.

As I walk in with YoungBae right behind me, I see Jiyong and Seunghyun laughing and grabbing onto the counter as if their life depended on it. Then I saw Daesung on the floor grabbing his stomach and points at something across the room. Well, it isn’t a something. Seungri was right across the room with flour all over his hair and face. I hear YoungBae start laughing behind me. Seungri turns to our direction and blushes. I start laughing under my breath and grab a wet washcloth.

I walk towards Seungri and wipe away the flour in his eyes. I giggle at his face. Seungri looks at me as if he expects me to defend for him. “I’m sorry, but you look hilarious.” I say to him. I hear the laughter increase as I said this.

Seungri looked a little disappointed, but then he smiled mischievously.

“Seungri, wh—“ I couldn’t even finish before Seungri throws a handful of flour to my head. I stumble back and let out a breath. I wipe at the right side of my face and see my hand covered in flour. I look at Seungri and see him smiling. “You wanna die?” I smile sweetly at him.

He looks at me in confusion until he makes an “ah!” sound. He runs and hides behind Jiyong. Jiyong was the first one to stop laughing and he looks over me and says, “You have flour all over your hair.” He smiles.

I playfully glare at Seungri behind him. “You got flour in my hair! Now you’re gonna get it.” The rest stopped laughing and looked at Seungri and I.

I grab a handful of flour when they weren’t focused at me.

Seungri bravely steps forward and says, “Noona, I’m sorry.” He smiles hopefully at me.

I smile back and suddenly throw the flour in my hand. Unfortunately, Seungri ducks and the flour ends up hitting Jiyong. After Jiyong makes a face, Seungri starts laughing and pointing at his hyung. I must really have good aiming if I got to hit Jiyong straight in the face. Jiyong wipes away the flour from his eyes and says, “You’re in trouble now!”

I quickly run over and hide behind Daesung and Seunghyun. Next thing all of us know, Daesung was covered in flour. I take a peek at Jiyong and see him laughing with a bag of flour. Beside Daesung, Seunghyun was covered as well. I begin to giggle at their faces. I then felt two hands grip my wrists.

Seunghyun and Daesung both pull me in front of them. Daesung pushes me towards Seunghyun and Seunghyun wraps his arms around my waist and arms. Daesung smiles and stands beside Jiyong with a bag in their hands. Once I finally figure out what they’re going to do, I start squirming in Seunghyun’s arms. Boy, was he strong.

“Ah! Let’s stop now, shall we?” I give them a pleading smile.

“This is getting fun. Why should we stop?” Daesung says and Jiyong nods enthusiastically beside him.

Seunghyun says something in Korean and it sounds like he’s counting down. Then Jiyong and Daesung throw their bags at me. Everything else was a blur… literally. The whole room had flour in the air. I look down at my clothes and see powder all over me. I hear Jiyong and Daesung laughing their butts off. I could feel Seunghyun shaking which means he’s laughing, too. Seungri and YoungBae start throwing flour back and forth to each other.

Seeing YoungBae smile and play around make my heart squeeze. I start laughing at this scene, too. I realize that Seunghyun’s arms are still around me, so I squirm around and his arms fall back to his sides. I chuck remaining flour from my hand to his face. I stick my tongue out at him and run around.

“Jiyong-ah! Get her!” I hear Seunghyun say. I hear footsteps following me. So, without thinking who I was going to, I jump behind someone and duck my head.

“Where’d she go?” I see Jiyong narrow his eyes, trying to see through all the flour in the air.

I hold onto the person’s shoulders and peer over his right shoulder. It was then that I notice that I was holding onto YoungBae. Way to go, Charlotte! I gasped as I stared in his eyes. Our faces were closer than last time. Just one wrong move and our lips could brush. I felt heat come up to my cheeks. My body had that whole tingle sensation again. My hands were red hot on his shoulders. I swear I can feel the sizzle spreading all over my arms. It feels like I was placing my hands on a burning stove.

His eyes were so clear as if he was only thinking and focusing about one thing. They looked so deep into mine. I felt like I could faint any moment. A breath escapes his lips and hits my cheeks. Oh how warm and sweet it felt. We were so close… If only him or I could move just a bit closer then I would feel his lips on mine.

“Hyung! I found her!” Seungri exclaims, breaking our moment. I duck my head and hide behind YoungBae. I sigh and YoungBae’s echoed mine. I smile. Maybe he wants it as much as I do. Don’t be silly! He could never like someone like me. I don’t deserve someone like him. He deserves better. I should stop making such fantasies and stop getting my hopes up.

“Move out of the way, YoungBae.” Jiyong says as he smiles.

YoungBae shakes his head and stands his ground. He smiles, “Not a chance.”

“Fine. Then I get you.” Jiyong threatens playfully.

YoungBae pauses. I freeze. Surely he won’t leave me alone to defend myself from getting covered even more, right? YoungBae smiles and says, “Have fun with her.” Boy was I dead wrong. YoungBae makes a move to get out of aiming range, but I’m not having any of it. I’m not going to get clothes dirty even more. I grab both of YoungBae’s wrists and use all my strength to hold him in place.

I peer over his shoulder and see Jiyong and Seunghyun with bags of flour in their hands. I smile at them. “You’re not going anywhere. You stay here.” I whisper in YoungBae’s ear. YoungBae looks at me in shock. I smile then address the other two, “Let him have it, boys!”

Seunghyun and Jiyong glances at each other, they both shrug and start pitching flour all over YoungBae. YoungBae starts struggling and he’s strong, too. I let go of his wrists and wrap my arms around his stomach. YoungBae starts laughing while Jiyong and Seunghyun throws flour at him and I soon join in as well. My arms start burning as I hold him. It’s like my arms are on fire. I try my best to ignore the flame until I see YoungBae reach his hands behind him. He grabs onto my arms and pulls me in front of him.

Sadly I get pelted with flour once again. After 10 more minutes of chucking flour at each other, we all soon got tired. We were all on the kitchen floor, breathing heavily and smiling at each other. Soon, we all decide it’s best if we clean up.

“Just leave everything here. We’ll clean it up tonight.” Jiyong says as he stands up and stretches. We all nod and go to the living room.

“We should go get cleaned up. YG wouldn’t want to see us covered in flour.” Seunghyun says.

“He’s right. We’ll get cleaned up now. You say here.” Jiyong tells me.

“Wait, what about her? She’s covered, too. YG wouldn’t like that either.” Daesung says. I look down at my clothes. He’s right. I’m not even close to decent.

“I’ll just go home and change then.” I tell them as I head for the door.

“No!” They all scream at me. I give them a confused look.

Seungri steps up and laughs nervously. “The flour can come off your jeans and shirt easily. But you can borrow one of my jackets to cover up most of it.”

“Wait!” Jiyong exclaims. He smiles at me. “You won’t be able to fit Seungri’s clothes. You can wear one of mine.”

“Um…” I bite my lip. I glance at YoungBae and see Daesung whispering something to him. YoungBae shakes his head. His eyes meet mine. I blush and look back at Jiyong, embarrassed that he caught me. “Okay.” I tell Jiyong.

He smiles at me, grabs my hand, and leads me to his room. As much as I’m comfortable being with Jiyong now, I still kind of feel weird being alone in his room with him. He leads me to his closet and holy cow it’s huge! I wasn’t wrong when I thought of Jiyong as a fashionista. He has so many clothes and accessories. He walks off to the end of his closet and pulls out a jacket.

Just as he was about to hand me the jacket, Daesung pops up and drags me away.

“Yah!” Jiyong exclaims.

“Daesung, what are you doing?” I ask him as he drags me to someone else’s room. I thought it would be Daesung’s room, but then I see YoungBae lying down on his bed.