Chapter 51: Countdown Till The End... TPOV

Meeting Each Other

 

Today is Thursday…

The day she leaves.

I turn my head and look at the clock. It’s 7 a.m. Aishh! I sit up from my bed. I can’t wait any longer. I just can’t pretend to sleep, because I can’t. I didn’t even get to go out last night. The others kept me in here. Like literally in my room. Since Seunghyun hyung’s room is right across mine, he left his door wide open so he can see me. And Seungri and Daesung were staying in the living room, while Jiyong was in his room writing more songs.

Something changed with Seunghyun hyung. He isn’t avoiding me, as much anymore, actually he looks at me with... guilt? If he still feels guilty about our fight, he shouldn’t be. I’ve already forgiven him. Actually, he doesn’t even need to be forgiven. I deserve those punches. I was acting like a jerk.

And something about Daesung and Seunghyun hyung is weird, too. When we went to talk with YG-shi yesterday, whenever the topic of Seunghyun hyung’s date came up, Daesung, hyung, and YG-shi all shared a glance. It kind of made me suspicious. There’s something they’re all hiding. I shake my head, clearing away any more complicated thoughts. I jump out of bed and get changed. I glance at the clock once more: it’s 7:06 a.m. The guys and I made a plan.

He seemed to glow when we told him that we were planning on going after her, so he quickly told us as much information as possible. YG-shi doesn’t know what time her flight is scheduled to leave, but there’s a possibility that it’s a flight early in the morning. So, the guys and I planned to wake up early as possible.

Since I actually had a chance to sleep last night, I tried—or forced—myself to sleep. After a few seconds of closing my eyes, I was out cold. My body really did need sleep. I walk out of my room and walk into the living room. I jump at the sight of the others already sitting on the sofa.

“It’s about time you woke up.” Jiyong says, rolling his eyes.

“What time did you guys wake up?” I ask as I fix my shoes.

“Seungri and I woke up around 6:30. Jiyong hyung was already awake by then, too. Seunghyun hyung woke up 15 minutes before you.” Daesung replies, standing up from the couch.

“Why didn’t you wake me up then?” I ask, my voice a little higher.

“We did! I thought you were dead, actually.” Jiyong says. “You didn’t even move a finger when I blasted ‘Haru Haru’ in your ears.”

“Oh,” I mutter, feeling stupid.

Seungri sighs. “Seunghyun hyung, hurry and get ready. We have to leave.”

Seunghyun hyung nods and claps his hand on my shoulder on his way to his room. Jiyong talks about all the articles he’s been reading online. He says that some late night workers see Charlotte walking and running. After that, they say that she disappears and comes back early in the mornings. Jiyong even shows us some pictures people took of Charlotte. But I push the pictures away. I’d rather see the girl face to face than see her in a picture.

Seunghyun hyung soon comes back and we quickly leave, not bothering to eat breakfast first. We arrive at her place first. But then I notice her door is slightly open. Seungri doesn’t seem to see it because he knocks on the door. But the door just opens a little wider. Seungri opens the door completely and goes in, we follow right on his heels. I stop in the doorway, watching the others walk around the living room.

“Wah~ everything is gone.” Seungri murmurs. I look around the room. The couch, TV, and tables are still there, but all her belongings are gone. It’s completely wiped clean, vacant. And it scares me to the core.

Daesung and Seunghyun hyung check every other room down the hall. They come back; shoulders slumped. “All her stuff and clothes are gone.” Daesung announces. “She must be at the airport then.”

Seunghyun hyung looks at his watch. “It’s 7:20 now. I think we better hurry.”

--------------------------------

[CPOV]

“Is there anything you need help with?” A worker asks.

“Um,” I bite my lip and look around. This airport is huge. I didn’t expect it to be this big. “Where is my flight?”

The lady smiles and looks down at her computer. She clicks and scrolls down a couple of times. She asks where am I heading off. “America? Ah! Here. Your flight is number 245.” She stands up from her desk and leans over the counter separating us. She points to the right. “Go down there then take a left. After that you’ll see about two or three sections for flights. You’ll see your flight number easily. Anything else?”

“When is my flight?” I ask sheepishly.

She smiles at me. “8 o’clock.”

I say thank you in Korean and bow as I make my way to the right. I stay to the left side until I turn left. I quickly walk down and see three sections. I pass by the first and second one until I find my flight number in the third section. I sit down on a chair, facing the floor to ceiling windows. I silently watch the planes arrive and take off minute after minute. I look at the clock. It’s already 7:46 a.m. I sigh as I blink a couple of times.

I’ve been here since 6 a.m. I couldn’t sleep at night. I just couldn’t wait any longer. I’ve been hurting too much, and I almost convinced myself that leaving is a good thing.

Almost…

I’ve said my goodbye to YG-shi. He seemed very down when I told him. I wanted to say goodbye to the boys, even if they don’t know I said it, but I didn’t have enough strength to do it. Actually, I still want to say goodbye. At least I’ll see them one more time even if they didn’t know about it. Aishh, I feel so pathetic.

A voice through the speakers breaks through my thoughts. A lady says something in Korean. I see the people in my section starting to rise up from their seats. “We are now boarding passengers.” The same lady announces.

I glance at my watch: 7:52. I sigh as I watch people line up and go through the door one by one. A family, two kids with their parents waving goodbye, a group of teenagers, a bunch of lone people, and the last people in line were a couple.

I watch as the guy playfully kisses her nose and the girl giggles in response. They walk hand in hand through the door. I let out a breath, feeling my heart hurt.

“Last call for flight 245. Passengers, please board on now.” I hear the announcer say.

I sigh once more as I feel a force press down on me. I turn my head towards the window. I rise up from my seat and slowly walk over to the window. I reach up and place my hand on the glass, feeling its warmth from the sun. I look down and see the same couple walking into the plane. I walk back to my seat and stare at my suitcases, feeling my heart finally stopping its beating.

I think it’s time. 

------------------------------------

A/N: Gosh, so sorry for not updating like I usually do. School's beating on me right now. So, please bear with me if I don't update one or two days. 

Since, I might not update tomorrow and maybe the day after that, I'll give you guys a treat:)

TEASER!

~O~O~

 

I start walking towards it when I see in big bold numbers: 245. That’s when I start sprinting. This is it. She could still be here, right? I would have enough time to convince her. But then I hear the words I never wanted to hear.

“Flight 245 is now leaving.” 

~O~O~

 

My heart drops as I see the plane hovering off the ground already. The attendant walks away, leaving me there in agony. That’s it.

She’s gone…

So, what do you guys think? :)