Chapter 37: Dinner Call...SPOV

Meeting Each Other
I’m finally relaxed with Charlotte. We’ve stayed in the meadow for so long. I’m having so much fun with her. Something I thought I’d never get the chance to do. She’s completely down to earth and… she’s matches me really well. I mentally sigh then shake my head. Not now, Seunghyun, not now.

I glance at my watch. “It’s already 6:47 p.m. I think we should go back now.” I tell Charlotte. She looks up at me, smiling. She nods. I hesitantly take her hand, having that gentle tingle in my chest. I walk in front of her and crouch down again. She doesn’t say anything this time and climbs on effortlessly.

As her legs and arms go around me, I hold on to her legs. I start walking back down in silence. At the corner of my eyes, I see Charlotte looking up at the sky, a peaceful expression on her face. Then I see her eyes snap to me. I quickly look back down, watching my feet. I saw uncertainty and confusion in her eyes… why?

Just then, I feel her fingers weave through my hair softly. That tingle in my chest warmed me all the way to my toes.

“Gray…” She whispers, her breath hitting my ear. “I still can’t believe that.”

I don’t answer. I smile slightly instead. We grow silent again. I don’t mind it, though. I like it. She doesn’t try to make conversation when there is nothing to talk about. After a while, we finally get in the van. It’s already 7 p.m. I think I can take her to my place now.

I hand Charlotte her heels once the van starts moving. She puts them on. “Where are we going now?”

“My favorite place.” I smile.
----------------------------------
“We’re eating here?” Charlotte gapes.

“Yes. Why? Is there something wrong with it?” I ask, nervous.

She shakes her head. “But this place looks so…expensive.”

I hold her hand. “Not really. But the food is great.” We go inside and the waitress leading us towards a more private table. Charlotte and I sit across from each other. The waitress hands us our menus with a huge smile.

“Tell me when you’re ready.” She says.

Before she walks away, I say. “Excuse me.” The waitress turns back to us. “I’ll just order right now.”

Charlotte’s eyes go round. “But I haven’t figured out what I want.” She whispers. I shake my head at her then look up at the waitress. I tell her my favorite dish and order the same for Charlotte. After the waitress walks away Charlotte asks, “What did you get us?”

“You’ll see. I know you’re going to like it.” I smile. She softly laughs.

While we wait for our meal, Charlotte asks, “How much it this all going to cost?” She murmurs.

I shake my head. “I’m not going to tell you. From what I’ve seen at the mall, I don’t think I should tell you the prices anymore.”

She giggles. “Seungri told me the same thing.”

I smile as I check my phone under the table. I should call him soon or did he say he was going to call me? Aishh. I don’t know. If he doesn’t call during dinner then I’ll just call him.

“Seunghyun.”

I look up and meet Charlotte’s eyes. She smiles. “So, I’m really curious about IRIS.” She says shyly. “What role are you playing?”

“I’m a killer.” I scrunch up my nose.

She eyes widened, but she smiles. “Interesting. I bet your fan go crazy about that.” She softly laughs. I raise my eyebrow. “Come on, I bet they wouldn’t mind some good-looking killer trying to kill them, right?” Charlotte smiles.

I suppress a smile. “Good-looking, huh?”

Charlotte’s eyes go round as if realizing what she just said. She stutters a reply, “S-sure. I mean all you g-guys are good-looking.” She nervously smiles.

Before I can reply, our food comes. The waitress sets down our drinks then out dishes. “Enjoy.” She smiles before she leaves.

“Mmm….”

I look up from my food and see Charlotte already eating. I chuckle under my breath. We eat in silence for a while. I check my phone under the table again. Why isn’t he calling? Aishh. I’m going to have to call soon.

“You like the food?” I ask Charlotte after a few minutes.

She wipes with her napkin and nods, a smile forming her lips. “You have a good taste in food.” She then puts more food into .

“You eat like you haven’t eaten in weeks.”

“That’s just how I am. I eat a lot.” She shrugs, taking a sip in her drink.

“Yet you have a great body.” I blurt. She chokes slightly on her drink. Oops. What the hell? Jeez, kill me now. Why did I say that? Aishh! I look down at my food, embarrassed to death.

She laughs softly. “Thank you.” She murmurs. Without lifting my head up, I move my eyes to her face. Her cheeks are back to that adorable red hue.

“So—“

Ring! Ring!

I look down at my phone. Finally, he’s calling! He’s like Daesung, such amazing timing. I meet Charlotte’s eyes. “Excuse me.” I mumble, waving my phone. She nods thoughtfully and smiles. I walk outside and take a quick glance behind me. Charlotte continues to eat. I press the green button on my phone and place it on my ear.

“You took your time picking up.” He murmurs.

“Sorry, sir.” I mumble.

“So, how is it going?”

“Really good.” I smile as I look at Charlotte again. “She’s a beautiful person inside and out.”

“I see…” He trails off. “Remember our plan, Seunghyun. I hope you don’t get carried away.”

I sigh. “Don’t worry, sir. I’m trying my best.”

“I sure hope so.” I hear him whisper.

“Are you sure this is going to work?” I ask suddenly.

“I’m positive. Why do you ask?”

“It’s just…” I inhale. “You know that we’re going to have to go back to Japan after the music video, right?” I change my words.

“I’m aware of that. Don’t worry about that at the moment, Seunghyun. Focus on what you have to do right now. I—“

“YG-shi!” Another voice shouts with a loud bang.

“YoungBae?” YG-shi asks, surprise evident in his voice. “I have to go.” He murmurs to me before ending the call.