Chapter 1: Landing... CPOV

Meeting Each Other
I sink to the floor as I look around my new room; a hotel room, that is. I won’t be staying in Korea long. Just for 3-4 weeks. I don’t even bother unpacking right now. I’ll do it later, I decide. After a long and tense silence, I couldn’t take it anymore. I checked my watch, 10:30 pm. I put on my sandals and run outside to explore the city of Seoul.

It’s a busy city, full of people walking, driving, and talking. I feel so much more alone. I can’t even talk to anybody because of my lack of Hangul. But I don’t mind, I walk anywhere. I’m not sure of where I’m going, but anywhere would be fine with me. I’ll figure out how to get home later.

I pass by tons of buildings. I later ignore everything and focus on the stars. Who knew so many stars could shine bright from such a big city? I thought. As I walk blindly, I bump into someone. I drop my phone along the way.

“Oh! I’m so sorry.” The man I walked into picks up my phone. “I wasn’t…” I started. But I ended up staring into his eyes as the man stood up. He smiles. What a perfect eye smile, I gush. I blush, but smile in return.

“Ang yo” He says with the most silkiest voice ever. I know that word. It means hello. Speak! My mind shouted at me.

I repeat his words and slightly bow. I smile at him. His eyes somewhat widen, though it looked completely useless since his eyes stay the same with it’s perfect eye smiles.

He hands me my phone that I completely forgot about. “Thank you.” I say, wishing more than ever that I should’ve learned Korean before I came here.

He stutters a bit before he replies. “You’re welcome.” We stand there. Just shyly smiling, doesn’t even mind the silence. It was comfortable.

“Hyung!” Someone says behind me, interrupting his or my moment. I turn around and see a boy with a big, happy, contagious grin on his face. Once he sees me, his smile brightens more. He bows and says a hello. He seems nice, I thought. I bow slightly and wave while smiling back.

The smiling boy runs up to us and stands beside me. He glances at me, but then talks to the eye smiling one. Before the smiling one leaves, he turns to me. He extends his hand, smiles, and says, “I’m Kang Daesung.”

I shake his hand. But before I can reply and tell him my name, someone pops up once again. He looks like the youngest out of the two. Maknae, I recall. He says something in a rush, it sounded like a hurry up.

I smile at the youngest. His eyes widen, just like the eye smiling one did. He gives a cheeky smile, bows, and drags his hyungs away into a building. I look up and try to read the sign. “Y…G…something.” I mutter. I shrug as I look at my watch. 11:45 pm!

I shake my head as I try to find a bus home.