Chapter 7: Like A Brother... CPOV

Meeting Each Other
“Thank you for walking me home, Daesung.” I tell him kindly. We were halfway back to the hotel and from what I learned from him so far: he was very sweet and funny. I could tell that people can just love him once they started talking to him, and I’m one of those people. For some reason, I find to love him like a brother.

“Ah, it’s no problem. A pretty girl shouldn’t be walking home alone at night.” He smiles at me. I couldn’t help but smile back. This boy’s smile is too contagious.

I blushed and looked up at the stars. Today was very… different. I saw him, but he didn’t seem to see me. Instead he walked back to his room and stayed there the whole time. Why didn’t he want to see me? Was it because I walked away earlier? Does he even know that it was me? Ah, I think I’m going to go crazy because of him.

“I’m sorry about YoungBae earlier.” Daesung said. I looked at him. Can he read my thoughts?

He smiled at me. “You’re easy to read, to me though. All your emotions come easily on your face. You like him, don’t you?” He looked at me expectantly.

I nodded. “Yes.” I whispered. I looked down at my shoes as I blushed. “I don’t even know him, but I like him already.” I sighed. “I’ve even only seen him three times.”

Daesung stopped and looked at me. I looked at him, “What?” I asked.

“You know,” He starts. “He likes you, too.”

“I kind of doubt that.” I say. And it’s true. Why would someone like YoungBae like someone like me? He seems so perfect, and I’m not.

“You’ll see. He only has his eyes on you.” He says seriously. I start to fidget under his stare. Daesung can be serious when he wants to. Then he starts to smile. “So do the rest of the guys. They all seem to have their eyes on you.”

I nudged him playfully. “Hey, your eyes seemed to be on me, too.” I joked.

He paused and blushed. I laughed at the look on his face. I linked arms with him as we skipped the rest of the way to the hotel.

“You live here?” Daesung asks as he walks me up to my room. I don’t answer and try to find my keys to the door. “You should live somewhere better. You don’t deserve this place.” He continues.

“It’s okay.” I say as I finally go in. Daesung followed behind me closely. I dumped my keys on top of an unpacked box and sit on the couch. I sigh and close my eyes. I felt Daesung sit next to me.

“You know hotels like this can be dangerous. Why don’t I find you a better one?” He asks.

“Because the better ones could be expensive.” I sighed again.

“Then I’ll pay for it.” My eyes snap open and I look at him. He was smiling.

“I can’t let you do that. It’d be asking for too much.” I refused.

He paused and thought it over. “Alright. We’ll talk tomorrow. Go to sleep now.” I didn’t move. Was he planning on sleeping here for the night?

“I’m going to leave, don’t worry. The others are probably waiting for me at home so they can question me all about this.” He eyed my TV. “Can I watch?”

I nodded and gave him the remote. He turned it on and asked me, “Aren’t you going to sleep?”

I shook my head. “I want to watch with you.” I smiled as he did. Daesung really was like a brother. Though, a brother who likes me more than that. But there doesn’t seem to be an awkward moment between us. The boy has a happy atmosphere after all.

I rested my head on his shoulder as he put his arm around my shoulders. After a few moments, I fell asleep; feeling suddenly tired after a long and somewhat exciting day.