Chapter 22: Nighttime Picnic...CPOV

Meeting Each Other
“Did you see how powerful the suits looked?” Seungri exclaims in the car.

I roll my eyes. “Yes, they looked so real.”

Seungri continues to talk about the movie during our car ride. He’s random, this boy. After the movie ended, he led me out of the theater in a calm manner. I personally thought he was going to explode and tell me how the movie was to him, but no, he was calm until we got in the car. He told the driver something and we sped off. When I asked him where we’re going now, he coolly brushes it off.

I shrugged it off at that time. Then, just after a few minutes of silence, Seungri starts to gush about the movie in a lively manner. I jumped in my chair because of him. His outburst was so sudden that even the driver swerved the car a little. Of course, Seungri was completely oblivious to the car and was just off in his own world of that great action movie.

It’s exactly 5 p.m. and we’re still on the road. I watch and listen to Seungri with interest in my eyes. Even if the boy can be a little too much sometimes, I find it very interesting and amusing at the same time. I usually like to hear the feedback on stuff I think it’s good. Besides, Seungri’s actions and speech about it is very energetic. Seungri was in the middle of doing a punch when he looks out the window. His hands lay back down to his lap as he continues to stare outside quietly. Like I said, he’s very random.

“What’s wrong?” I place my hand on his shoulder.

He takes my hand as he turns to me. His eyes sparkle as he says, “We’re here.” He hops out of the car before it even comes to a complete stop. I hear the driver mutter in Korean.

I smile apologetically at the driver as I say a quick “thank you” before going out of the van. Seungri takes my hand and starts to lead me somewhere. It was then that I realize that we’re in a huge clear field. It somewhat reminds me of a golf course. It’s all green.

“Why are we here?” I ask in full curiosity.

“You’ll see.” He smiles.

“What are—Oh.” I say in awe. We stop just a few feet away from a blanket neatly laid out on the grass with a basket and food completely set out. I turn to Seungri with adoration. “When did you find the time to do this?”

Seungri nervously chuckles. “Well, I’ve been wanting to do this with someone for a while now. I was texting with someone in the car before we watched the movie and I asked if he and his friends could set it up for me.”

Ah, so that’s why he was snickering in the car. I smile at him happily. He’s so sweet. I link arms with him and say, “Come on. The food is going to get cold. Hurry!” I squeal as I look at the picnic setting in front of me.

Seungri laughs as we sit down on the blanket. Seungri pours some drinks while I take in all the food. I haven’t tasted Korean food before and right now, they all look delicious. Seungri takes out some chopsticks and gets some… that looks like meat. He feeds me the piece and I naturally voice out my appreciation.

“Wah~ It’s so good! Thank you.” I shyly say.

Seungri eats some food as well. While he was chewing, something pops back up in my mind. “Where is this place?”

Seungri zips his mouth again. “Can’t tell. It’s my secret place.”

“Really? Then why does it say it’s a public place?” I look at him in amusement.

He blushes. “Okay, okay. It’s not secret, but I like to go here when I want to be alone and think some things through.”

I smile. “What’s the name of this place?” I grab a fork and eat more of that meat he gave me.

“Still not telling.” He sings as he eats a huge chuck of rice.

“Hmm,” I think. “Is this place a little off from the city?”

Seungri then starts to cough on the rice. I worriedly pat his back. He shakes his head and swallows the food. “How did you know that?”

“Lucky guess.” I smile as I remember Jiyong and Daesung’s bet again. I hand Seungri my glass of water and he gulps it all down. Jiyong and Daesung are going to have to share money after all. Wait until I tell those two.

Seungri and I spent the rest of the night eating and laughing under the stars. It makes me wonder what am I going to do tomorrow when it’s Jiyong’s turn. I mentally smile as I hope it’s going to be good as Seungri’s. After all, they are like brothers. About 9:30 p.m., we decided to go home.

I looked everywhere to find some sort of sign from the field on our way home. But they don’t have any. Ugh.

I’ll find out where this place is, hopefully soon, too.