Chapter 35: Mixed Expressions...SPOV

Meeting Each Other
Let's see what's really going on in Seunghyun's mind, shall we? :)
-----------------------
“You could’ve at least let me wear sneakers.” Charlotte mutters as we continue to walk on grass. She stumbles and I grab on to her arm. I chuckle under my breath. She has an adorable expression on her face right now. She looks up at me. “Yah! Don’t laugh. That’s mean.”

“It’s not my fault you can’t walk with heels.” I smile.

Her eyes widen. “I can! It’s just that I’m wearing heels on grass. Besides, you told me to wear heels in the first place.” She trips again and I wrap my arm around her waist and use my other hand to hold her arm. I felt her stiffen a little. I suppressed a frown.

“It wasn’t actually me who told you to pick out heels.” I say.

“That’s true.” She says under her breath.

We walk farther, her stumbling and me holding her up. After a few minutes, she says, “Why are we coming back here?”

“This was the place I first saw you.” I whisper. She looks at me, confusion and uncertainly in her eyes. “Plus, I liked the place. It’s beautiful.” I add. She nods once and she looks back down at her feet. After a few more stumbling on her part, she growls in frustration. She stops and looks down at her feet angrily.

“I’m sorry. But I don’t think I can make up it there.” She sighs as she meets my eyes, guilt and sadness in her eyes. I shake my head. I crouch down in front of her and turn my head behind me. “What are you doing?” She asks.

I reach behind me and lightly touch her ankle. “Take off your shoes.” I say. She gives me a look of confusion before following my instruction. Once she had the shoes in one of her hands, I grasp the other. I meet her eyes, asking for permission.

I stare into her eyes, searching. She trusts me. I suppress a smile. She’s still confused, though. I sigh. I pull on her hand and place it on my shoulder. That’s when her eyes light up with realization. She takes her hand off my shoulder.

“What? No. I can’t do that.” She shakes her head.

I roll my eyes and take both of her hands this time. I wrap her arms around my neck, feeling that warmth I felt whenever I carried her. Charlotte hesitantly climbs on my back. I stand up and hold on to her legs and wrap them around my waist. I could feel her tighten her hold on my neck a little. I don’t suppress my smile this time. I start walking towards the place.

She makes me feel so gentle whenever I’m with her. As much as she seems strong—physical and mental wise— I just… she can just crack me open. She opens up a side of me that rarely comes out. The emotional side, the side that only comes out when I’m with my family. Sure, I have those times with the guys, but that’s just rarely. With Charlotte, it just plainly comes out and takes over. And it scares me. I’m scared that it could take over completely when it comes to her.

I’m scared that when it does take over, it could get in the way of everything we’re planning for. That it’ll make me forget everything I have to do.

“Seunghyun.” Charlotte whispers, sending chills down my spine. I quickly glance at her then look back down at my feet, not wanting to trip with her on my back. “Are you really in a drama?” She says. I nod my head. How did she know about that? One of the guys must have told her. “Is the music video for the drama?”

I nod again. I don’t know why, but I’m quiet when I’m alone with her. I’m at loss for words. Maybe that’s because I’m only nervous about this whole thing. I hope he knows what he’s planning or else I’ll die seeing Charlotte and YoungBae unhappy in the future.

“Do you happen to know anything about the MV?”

I stop and meet her eyes, our faces inches apart. I never noticed how brown her eyes were, something you could get lost in. Without thinking, I slowly lean in, giving her time to pull away. I see her eyes slowly close, but they snap back open. She blushes and places her chin on my shoulder, looking at me under her eyelashes. I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding. I start walking again as I answer her question.

“I’m not sure what we have to film if that’s what you’re asking. But I do know that I’m going to have to dye my hair.” I scrunch up my nose from saying “dye”.

She lifts her head up. “Really?” I nod my head. “To what color?”

“Gray. But they tell me it’s ‘silver’.” I roll my eyes; finally feeling relaxed little by little.

“Gray?” She giggles, making me smile. “What kind of concept are you guys trying to do this time?”

I shrug. “Some kind of mature concept.”

“I see.” She murmurs. She starts looking back at the sky. “It must be noon right now.” I glance at my watch. She’s close. It’s already 1 p.m.

We finally reach the meadow. I’m surprised at how long it took for us to get here, but then again, Charlotte did trip a lot…and other things came up. I push the thought of almost touching her lips away. I shouldn’t be thinking of that.

I set Charlotte down gently. I feel her hands slide down my back as she climbs of me. Another set of chills goes up my spine. Charlotte slowly walks toward the lake. I wouldn’t really call it a lake since it seems smaller, but still. Charlotte sits down. She spreads her legs her left side as she runs her fingers through the water. I take a deep breath and walk over to her. I kneel down next to her.

While she silently plays with the water, I take her in. I never noticed, but she looks stunning under the sun. The way the light bounces of her hair, making it shine. The way her hair frames her face, making her features look softer. From what I see, she has a pretty side profile. The tip of her nose is small and has a cute tip. Her cheeks in a deep reddish-pinkish color matches well with her lips. I eye her lips. It’s full, it’s pink… and it’s inviting.

I mentally shake my head. I blink a couple of times as if breaking out of a trance. I reach down and dip my fingers in the water. I sprinkle some water in her face playfully. She blinks and looks at me, surprised. I feel the corners of my lips curl up. She smiles, spraying some water at me. She gives out a light laugh, making me feel a slight tingle in my chest.

“Have you heard the song for the music video yet?” She asks, looking up at the sky again.

I nod. “We’ve already recorded everything. Just gotta do some filming then we’re done.”

“How long do you think we have to film?”

I pause and think about it. “Maybe just a couple of days.”

Charlotte looks back down at the water. “Then you guys will go back to Japan?” I raise my eyebrows and slowly nod. Where is she going with this? She mumbles something too low for me to hear.

Why is she mentioning this? I mean we recorded the song then we just film the MV. After that, it’s booking a flight to Japan… Ah! I felt my eyes widen at realization. I mentally kick myself. Why didn’t I think of it before? We’re going back to Japan and Charlotte is… going wherever she wants. I hope YG-shi knows about this or else the whole plan is going to backfire.

Charlotte smiles at me, making me have pang of sadness course through me.
----------------------
A/N: So, I really couldn't wait to update this chapter. Don't worry, I think there'll be more Seunghyun to come...

I forgot to write this in the last A/N, but did anybody notice YoungBae's dream? Does it seem familiar to you? I don't know, but I meant to write it in a way. God, I hope I wrote that well...

Anyway, care to comment? It makes me happy:)