Chapter 13: Forbidden... TPOV

Meeting Each Other
Oh God, what does YG need to talk to me about? Is he going to tell me to back off of Charlotte? Or does he want to tell me that I should stop my feelings for her? I mean he was watching me more closely than the others. Why, why me? Oh right, because I like this girl too much already.

“Take a seat.” YG orders.

I sit down and wait as he stares at me. I start tapping my foot to distract myself and avoid his eyes. He’s never looked at someone like that before unless he’s dead serious right now. Uh oh, what if he’s going to tell me something bad? Ah, stop it! Think about something else… something else… Charlotte. I felt my lips curl up a little. It fits her perfectly.

“YoungBae.”

“Yes, sir?” I look up. YG still looks serious.

“What are you thinking about?”

“Char—“ Oops. Maybe I’m too honest sometimes.

“Char…?” YG says.

I bit my tongue for punishment. Aish, why do I have to be so honest? I take a deep breath. “Charlotte.” I say. After seeing the look on his eyes I add, “I’m thinking of ideas on what to do with her when I get to spend my time with her.”

He lifts his eyebrow. “Oh really?” I slightly nod. “Are really thinking about ideas for your day with her or are you just thinking about Charlotte herself?”

I stop short. He’s on to me. Times like these that I wish Daesung could pop out of nowhere and pull me away. Why does that only happen on times that are not so serious? I stutter a reply. More like mumble, actually. I don’t think YG even heard me.

“I see.” He murmurs. I look down and play with my fingers on my lap. “YoungBae.” I snap my head up. “You’ve always been very behaved. You don’t talk back, you train more than you usually should some days, you’re dedicated, you’re focused, you always follow the rules, and I haven’t seen you be impolite. You’re a hard-worker and I’m sure you know the rules of your contract, right?”

I slowly nod my head. Where is he going with this? Why is he bringing up my contract?

“Then you—No.” He quickly shakes his head. “You like Charlotte, don’t you?”

Now this is when alarms in my head ring loudly. I can’t even speak at the moment. He is on to me. So this must mean he’s telling me to stay away from her as far as possible. I clench my hands into fists.

YG slowly nods his head once. “I see.” He repeats. “You do like her. Now, YoungBae, I’m talking to you like a father or friend so please relax.” He eyes my fists.

I hesitantly release my hold.

“As I was saying,” YG starts. “From the way you reacted, you must really like Charlotte. But you must remember your contract, YoungBae.”

What? What does my contract have to do with Charlotte? YG stands up and heads over to his filing cabinet. He looks around and pulls out a folder. He sits back down and looks through the stack of papers. He then hands me two papers and says, “It’s your contract rules.”

I hold the papers, but stare at YG. I’m still confused. What is he planning?

YG sighs in frustration and says, “YoungBae, as your friend and CEO, I have to remind you that you’re forbidden to date anybody yet.”

I stay silent. No, no, no. No! That’s not fair! I felt the papers slip from my hand and fall to the ground.

YG sighs. “I’m sorry, YoungBae, but—“

“No!” I cut him off. His eyes widened by my outburst. Let’s just say he wasn’t the only one surprised. Then without thinking anymore, I say, “I just found her! I’ve been going crazy because of her! You can’t say that I can’t date her!” I jump out of my chair.

YG slowly stands up. “I’m sorry. But you signed a contract. You should just release any feelings of liking her more than a friend.”

I shake my head furiously. This can’t be happening. I’ve spent days thinking about this girl. I’m in too deep. I can’t let her go easily. This is too much. He can’t say this. “But—“

“You are dismissed.” YG says. I open my mouth to protest some more, but YG cuts me off. “You are dismissed, YoungBae.” He says sternly.

I close my eyes and take three deep breaths. I need to calm down. Besides, the other members and Charlotte can’t see me like this. I’m almost never like this. Wait…

I snap my eyes open and ask, “What about the other members?”

YG stares at me a few seconds then says, “They can’t either. Though,” He drifts off.

“Though…” I say.

“No. Never mind. They can’t either.” He repeats.

“Really?”

“Really. Now leave.” He points to the door. The look in his eyes tells me he’s telling the truth. I hang my head and sigh as I walk towards the door.

Now what am I going to do?

For right now, I’m just going to see where fate brings me. I just hope my future involves a certain girl by my side.