Chapter 11: Sparks... TPOV

Meeting Each Other
I went straight in my room and cleaned myself off when Jiyong led the girl to his room. I would be lying if I say that I didn’t feel any strings of jealousy. When I saw Jiyong grab her hand and lead her away to his room, my blood boiled. Why do they get to hold her like that? When I saw that Seunghyun hyung didn’t let her go even when they stopped throwing flour at her, I wanted to snatch her away and wrap my arms around her. And then that time when our faces were just merely apart. Oh God, how I just wanted to sweep her up and press my lips to hers.

And just how I felt electricity flow through my veins when she touched me. Every little thing she did was alive at that moment. She was all I could see and she was all I could feel. Her eyes just seemed to see right into my soul and it was just the same with me. And then I think about her wearing Jiyong’s jacket. All strings of jealousy came back in an instant.

But now, she’s right here in my room… on my bed, just a few inches away from me. Daesung brought her in and went straight to my closet. I can’t believe he actually did it. It was kind of awkward being alone in my room. My eyes never seem to leave her. I notice that she keeps on scratching her arm absentmindedly. It was starting to turn red.

Without thinking about it, I lean towards her and touch her fingers. She automatically stops. She looks at me.

“You should stop. You’re arm’s getting red.” I say.

She inspects her arm and drops her hand. I chuckle under my breath. “You have a nice room.” She compliments.

“Thank you.” I simply say.

“It’s so tidy and big.”

“It is the biggest room in our dorm.” I tell her.

She smiles and looks around. I clear my throat and she looks at me.

“So, what exactly did Daesung do to get you here?” I raise my eyebrow at her.

She laughs a little, music to my ears. “He just basically dragged me here. Kidnapping is what I could call it, too.”

I laugh and shake my head. I’m going to kill Daesung soon.

“Here you go!” Daesung emerges from my closet, holding my favorite white sweatshirt. “Put this on after you’ve got out most of the flour in your shirt.” He hands her my sweatshirt and pushes her towards my bathroom.

Once she was inside, I smack the back of Daesung’s head.

“Ah! Hyung!” Daesung exclaims as he rubs his head.

“That’s for doing that stunt. You know how much Jiyong’s gonna want revenge on you now?”

“I know, I know. But I’m helping you, so you should be grateful.” He smiles.

I scoff and look down. “Thank you, though.”

Daesung chuckles. “It’s okay, hyung. Besides, she’ll be sleeping in your bed soon.”

“What?!” I exclaim.

He laughs. “I’m just kidding.”

I breathe a sigh of relief, but I can’t suppress the disappointment of not having her sleeping in my arms. I was in the middle of a fantasy when she came back out of the bathroom. Her jeans were clean and her shirt was spotless.

“Wah!” Daesung walks over to her. “You’re still pretty as ever.”

She blushes as she awkwardly holds my favorite white hoodie. I got that one from one of our photo-shoots. It had the letter S right on the front.

“What are planning to do with that? Put it on.” Daesung orders her.

She looks at Daesung then at me. I felt the edge of my lips turn up as I slightly nod. I don’t know why, but I want her to wear it. She blushes again and puts in on neatly.

“Wah! It’s a perfect fit!” Daesung exclaims. He looks between the girl and I and says, “She can fit you perfectly.”

I glare at him.

“In clothes, I mean.” Daesung adds quickly.

I hope she didn’t notice the double meaning in his words. I glance at her. Her eyes were slightly widened. Great, she understood him. An awkward silence grew in my room. Daesung loudly claps his hands then tells her, “I’ll go get cleaned up now then we’ll all go see Mr. YG.” He chuckles then looks at me, “YoungBae should keep you company.”

He gives me a wink as I glare at him until he leaves the room. Daesung manages to close to the door silently on his way out. I am so going to kill him soon. I look at the girl and see her absentmindedly playing around with the sleeve.

I see her smile. Then she says, “This jacket is really soft.”

“That’s one of the reasons why that jacket is my favorite.” I smile at her. I fold my legs and pat the spot next to me on the bed.

I see her blush, but she sits down beside me anyway. Our arms brush and I felt the electricity course through once again. But I never made a move to break away from the contact and neither did she. I watch her as she looks around my room. I saw her eyes zero in on something on a table. I follow her gaze and smile to myself.

“You like them?” I ask her as I watch her face again, enjoying the electric current going between us.

“I’ve always had an interest in caps like those. My, uh, brother used to wear them. I never wore them though.” She replies as she continues to stare at my collection.

“Why is that?”

“I don’t know how.” She looks down and blushes. She smiles then looks up, “Don’t you have to wear it in some kind of way?”

I chuckle at her cuteness. I nod. “Do you want me to show you?”

Her eyes lit up. “Really?”

“Sure.” I smile as I get off the bed. I instantly missed the warmth of our connection. But before I could even make a move towards my collection, Daesung burst through the door.

“Come on, hyung! Noona! Time to meet Mr. YG.” Daesung sings.

The girl stands up and grabs my hand. She then pulls me to the others in the living room. We all headed out of our dorm when she drops her hand. I suddenly miss the warmth again. This girl must be teasing me.

Daesung and Seungri link arms with her and walk ahead of us. I distinctly hear Jiyong grumbling to himself.

“Not fair…Daesung…I’m going to kill him… So close…” was all I could pick up from his grumbling. I chuckled silently and look at the girl’s back the whole way. We all piled into an elevator and Seunghyun hyung pressed the button to the top floor. Jiyong starts telling Daesung threats to start running when they get back home in Korean while Seungri and Seunghyun hyung laugh at all the remarks.

The girl and I are side by side and I could feel the electricity flowing through. I notice that she’s her sleeves again. I figured out that this is what she does when she’s nervous. Whether its tugging on the tips of her hair or picking on the ends of her sleeves, she’s always trying to keep her hands busy.

I lean down and whisper in her ear, “No need to be nervous. I think Mr. YG will like you.”

She looks at me. “You think so?”

I nod and smile. “You’re very easy to like.” Yeah, like. Why is it that I like you more than that, but I don’t know the word to describe it? I added silently. “All of us likes you already.” I point over to the others.

She shows me the smile that makes me want to melt. The elevator dings and the doors open. All of us get out and Jiyong and Daesung lead the way to Mr. YG’s office. The girl and I are walking behind everyone. Wait, why don’t I still know her name? I like her so much and I’ve seen her so long already and I still don’t know her freaking name? YoungBae, you are the most pathetic person ever. I sigh and kick myself mentally. Surely she would have to introduce herself when she meets Mr. YG, right?

We were halfway down the hallway to YG’s office when I notice her picking on her sleeves again, looking so tense and stiff. I was about to calm her down again until she did something that completely shocks me to silence. She stops picking on the sleeve and entwines her fingers with mine. Let’s just say fireworks could never compare to the flare coursing through my veins. She squeezes my hand tightly as we’re only a few steps away from the office.
I barely get over my shock and lightly squeeze her hand back. My eyes met hers. She really is nervous. I give her a smile as the others enter YG’s office. I felt her hand and see her body relax.

“YoungBae!” Jiyong calls me from the office. “Come in here! Keep the girl right outside for a minute.”

I reluctantly let her hand go and say, “Stay out here until one of us calls you in.”

She nods and leans on the wall next to the door. I go inside and see the guys already sitting. Mr. YG is sitting behind his desk with his hands entwined. It made me long for the girl’s hand in mine already. I sit next to Daesung as he smiles brightly at me.

“So,” YG starts. “I heard you found ‘Miss Perfect.’” YG smiles at Jiyong and Seungri.

The two chuckle nervously and give him boyish smiles.

“Well, she is perfect.” Seungri says confidently.

“Really? What is she like?” YG asks to all of us.

“You’ll have to see and talk to her to know what she’s like. Words can’t describe her at all.” Daesung smiles brightly.

“I like that answer. Bring her in.” Mr. YG orders.

I was about to stand up until Seunghyun hyung shoots up and disappears out the door. I glare at his back as he gets her. Cheater. I sigh and glance at our CEO and regret looking. He was staring intently at me. He must have seen me.

“Here she comes!” Seungri exclaims.

Daesung starts to sing a drum roll then cheers when she enters. Blush starts to tint her cheeks, but she bows and says hello in Korean. Not bad. She got the pronunciation spot on.

Mr. YG greets her, but then asks us in Korean, “Can she speak Korean?”

Daesung answers him. “No. She must have just picked up some words here and there.”

“You seem to know a lot about her already. How is that?”

“I’ve spent some alone time with her already.” Daesung smiles.

“I see, I see.” Then he addresses all of us. “I guess you guys want to spend some time with her, too?” We all nod. He chuckles at us. “You guys seem to really like this girl.” He looks at all of us, but is it me or did his gaze last longer on me? He quickly turns towards the girl and asks, “What is you name?”

I sit up and listen close to her answer.

“My name is Charlotte Rays.” She smiles sweetly at him. Charlotte. Beautiful. I found myself smiling just like the rest of the guys.

“Nice to meet you, Charlotte. I’m the head honcho of this entertainment.” YG smiles at her. “So, the boys here would like to spend some time with you.” Then he looks at all of us. “So, how about we do this? Today, all of you will go out together. Then five days for each member. As in you, Charlotte, get to spend a day with each member. After those five days, you all will spend time together again.”

He then looks at me, “I’m sure one of these boys will give you a great time you’ll never forget.” I break away from his stare and glance at the girl and the others. They all seem to be oblivious from YG’s statement. He claps his hands together then says, “Boys, you go outside for a minute. I’d like to talk to Charlotte in private.” He smiles at her.

We all stand up, and I notice Charlotte picking at her sleeves again. Her eyes meet mine and I gave her an encouraging smile, or at least I hope it was. She smiles a brave smile to me. My heart skips a few beats and we all walk out.

“What do you think YG’s going to talk to her about?” Daesung asks. He looks worried as well. I nonchalantly shrug and pace back and forth.

To be honest, I’m as worried as Daesung is. Maybe even more.

Or maybe it’s because I have some kind of feeling that I might be part of the topic.