Chapter 16: Arrangements...CPOV

Meeting Each Other
All of the boys grin widely.

What are these boys up to? They’ve been acting weird all day. Daesung suddenly disappears to the hallway. And Jiyong and Seungri sling their arm around my shoulders. Seunghyun and YoungBae disappear along with Daesung.

“What are you guys doing? Where did the other three go?” I ask Seungri.

Seungri simply smiles at me. I turn to Jiyong. He shakes his head and grins.

“Aishh.” I growl as I try to look in the hallway. Jiyong and Seungri held me in place. Are all the boys strong? God, they make me feel so weak.

I hear footsteps pounding against the floor continuously. Then I hear…is that a paper crumpling? It sounds like those shopping bags…

“Yah!” I shout. “What are you guys doing with shopping bags?”

At the corner of my eyes, I see Seungri and Jiyong share a glance. “How did you know it’s a shopping bag?” Jiyong asks.

I shrug. “My bro—“ I choke. A lump rises in my throat. As my mind brings back those buried memories, my eyes start to water. My throat dries up and my stomach churns. I hang my head and hold my breath. I can’t cry here… not now. Thankfully, my eyes dry up, but my throat is still dry as ever.

“Your brother?” Jiyong guesses.

I lightly nod and try to gulp. It only feels like I just swallowed a rock. I continue to look down at my feet. Jiyong and Seungri must have sensed that I didn’t want to talk about it and they didn’t say a word about it again. I was thankful of that. I really don’t want to think about those painful memories at the moment because, right now, I’ve found people that might stick with me. So, at this moment, I don’t want to ruin it with my empty tears.

I push away all the memories and snap my head back up. Jiyong and Seungri look at me with worried expressions. I give them what I hope is an assuring smile. They didn’t look so convinced.

“I’m okay.” I smile genuinely this time.

They nod and go back to joking around. Daesung pops his head from the hallway. He says something in Korean and then he addresses me, “Why don’t you take a shower before all of us?”

“But what about you guys? You could get sick.” I say.

They shake their heads. “You can go first. You’re our guest.”

Jiyong and Seungri let go of me and I stand up. “Guest?”

Seungri smiles at me and gives me a gentle push towards Daesung. Daesung links arms with me and leads me to their bathroom. Then something occurs to me: I don’t have any extra clothes with me.

“Daesung, wait.” I stop him before he closes the door. He opens it again and smiles.

“Yes?”

“I don’t have any clothes.” I look down at my soaked clothing.

“Don’t worry. We’ll take care of it later.” He winks and closes the door before I could get another word in.

“Aishh.” I whine as I go take a shower. I felt the warm water cascade down my body. Wow, I didn’t notice how tense I been feeling. This was a really long day. I’m starting to love the boys. They’re all so sweet. I close my eyes and start humming. I start imagining that I’m at home. Just at home by myself. I was pretty okay that way. I remember turning on my radio every morning and every night. I sing along at all the songs they play while I shower, cook, get dressed, or anything. Music was probably the only thing that never left me.

Cold water slapping against my body snaps me back to reality. I realized a little too late that I’m singing one of Ne-Yo’s songs. He’s one of my favorite singers from the states. I continue singing the song “Miss Independent” while I rinse out the soap in my hair. I then turn off the shower and wrap a towel around me. I step out and see my underwear all clean and dry. I put it on under the towel. At the corner of my eye, I see a shower gown hanging.

I roll my eyes as I read Daesung’s little note. Silly boy. I slide it on and tie the belt around me tightly. I slightly open the door and peek outside. I hear the boys exclaiming and talking in Korean. What are they up to now? I was about to close the door when something catches my eye. On the floor, there is a stack of neatly folded clothes.

I open my door further and pick up the clothes. Another little note from Daesung:

“Hope you like it! Kekekeke… Love, Daesung^^”

I silently laugh and go back in the bathroom. I close the door and inspect the clothes. They’re all my size. I roll my eyes again. What am I going to do with Daesung? I put the clothes under my nose and sniff it. It’s fresh. I hold it up the black t-shirt. It’s new. Did they just buy this today? No, they couldn’t have. This is all coincidence, right? Ugh, why am I having a hard time to believe that this is all by coincidence?

I push the thoughts out of my mind and take off my robe. I put on the black t-shirt and slide on the gray shorts. Is it me or are these pants short-shorts? I shake my head and shrug. I usually wear these kinds of clothes at home anyway. I dry my hair with the towel. Once it’s as dry as it can be, I reach for the doorknob, and stop. I look down at my chest. I smack my forehead with my palm. I don’t have a bra! I’m going to be in a room full of boys and I’m not wearing a freaking bra!

I frantically look around the bathroom to make sure I didn’t just overlook it. Sadly, I didn’t find any. The boys must have forgot about one of the important things a girl needs! Boys!

Thank god I’m wearing a black shirt. Because if it was white, then I don’t think I’ll be able to leave the bathroom until the next day. I shudder and tiptoe outside. I look to my left and down the hallway and hear the boys talking about something excitedly. Then I look to my right… and nearly pee my pants. I jump as high as I thought I never could and land about a few feet away. YoungBae was right there, leaning against the wall like some gorgeous statue.

YoungBae was right in front of me in a second. He covers my mouth with his hand. “Shh.” He whispers. Then he softly laughs. “Did I scare you?”

“You think? What gave it away? My jump to the ceiling or the expression of me about to pee in my pants?” I snap. But then I remember his hand on my mouth. Then I realized that all I said would have just been gibberish to him. Ugh, of all the times…

I remove his hand from my mouth. Then I suddenly remember my previous problem. My eyes quickly drop down to my chest. I cross my arms in front of my chest and look at YoungBae. YoungBae follows my gaze down to my shirt and looks back up at me. I felt heat rush up to my cheeks and I see YoungBae’s cheeks slightly tinted with pink.

“Oh, I see.” He says. He hesitantly reaches for my hand. Once he has a firm hold on my hand, he leads me to his room.

“What are you taking me?” I say, my voice a little louder.

YoungBae stops and covers my mouth again. “Shh. Just wait.” He whispers.

He takes me into his room, places me on his bed, and silently closes the door.

“What are you doing?” I ask, my voice so much louder now. YoungBae strides towards me a fast as lightning and covers my mouth once again. Then I notice that I’m lying down on his bed… with him on top of me. His other hand is propping him steady and his opposite leg is kneeling on the bed while the other leg is standing on the floor.

“Shh! Didn’t I tell you to shush?” He tells me, a little smile playing on his lips.

All I could do is raise my eyebrow at him. He slides his hand off my mouth and he props his hand on the other side of my face. He slowly leans his face towards mine. Is he doing what I think he’s doing? My thoughts go back at the time in the dressing room. Oh god, just thinking about it makes me feel sparks tingling all over my body all over again. Sadly, that freaking phone just had to ring! Did I want to kiss him? Oh heck yes.

But now, I might have another chance at this moment. YoungBae leans in towards me closer. Then YoungBae shoot up. I slowly and sadly sit up and place my hands behind me to prop myself up. I give YoungBae a look of confusion.

“Daesung is planning on looking for you soon. We should hurry.” He whispers. He quickly climbs off the bed and goes into his closet, leaving me completely in a daze. This man… has so much power over me. I shake my head and cross my legs. I sit upright and comb my fingers through my hair. YoungBae comes back and throws me another hoodie. I catch it cleanly and put on the black hoodie without a word.

YoungBae grabs my hand and pulls me out of his room. YoungBae lets go of my hand and gestures me to go first. I walk ahead into the living room. The boys were in a circle on the floor. Are they playing rock, paper, scissors?

YoungBae takes a seat on the floor between Daesung and Jiyong. I take a seat on the couch and get a bird’s eye point of view of the circle.

“What are you guys doing?” I ask.

“Wait! Let me explain it to her. She’s here now.” Jiyong says to the boys. He turns towards me. “Remember how we all get to spend time with you alone?” I nod.

“Well, we haven’t decided on the order,” Seunghyun adds. “So we just decide to play… what’s it called?” He looks at the others.

“Rock, paper, scissors?” I guess.

They nod eagerly. I quietly laugh as they turn their attention back to the game. Jiyong says what I think means, “rock, paper, scissors” in Korean. Daesung and Seungri won. Daesung repeats Jiyong’s word. Seungri wins. Seungri jumps up and down and plops right next to me. He slings his arm around my shoulders and sticks his tongue out at Jiyong. Jiyong scowls at him and starts the game abruptly.

Once Jiyong finishes his words, they show their hands. Jiyong and YoungBae beat the other two and they have a rematch. This time, Jiyong wins. Jiyong pumps his fist in the air and goes to sit on my other side. Now, Daesung continues to repeat Jiyong’s words. Out of the three, Daesung wins immediately.

Oh no: Seunghyun against YoungBae. They take a go at it. They both showed paper. Quickly, they try again, both scissors. They try one more time and Seunghyun wins. So, Seungri, Jiyong, Daesung, Seunghyun, and last is YoungBae. Ah, why does he have to be last?

Seunghyun jumps up and falls back on the recliner chair. Daesung and YoungBae stay seated on the floor. Seungri pokes my cheek, “Tomorrow, you will have fun with me!” He says excitedly.

I laugh and pinch his cheek. Seungri jumps up and says something in Korean. The other protest, but Seungri leaves the living room anyway. After a moment, I hear the shower running.

“Where do you think Seungri’s going to take Charlotte?”

My name catches my attention and I look at Daesung.

“The movies. He’s been wanting to watch Iron Man 2 ever since it came out.” Jiyong smirks.

“Ani. He would take her somewhere a little off from the city. So, he can make a ‘move’.” Daesung puts air quotes around “move”. I slightly blush.

“You wanna bet?” Jiyong smiles.

“10 bucks.” Daesung extends his hand out.

“Deal.” Jiyong shakes his hand.

“You’ll tell us where he takes you, right?” Daesung asks me this time.

I give them the okay sign. Jiyong and YoungBae exchange a high five. To be honest, I think Jiyong is going to be the one to gain 10 dollars. I roll my eyes. Seungri finishes his shower and comes out. Then Daesung goes and YoungBae went after. Jiyong quickly sprints to use the shower. After that, Seunghyun goes last. Daesung occupies Seungri’s seat on my right. I look out the window. It’s still pouring.

“I think I should go home now.” I stand up.

“Are you crazy? It’s still raining.” Seungri says.

“It’s just a slight drizzle.” I say, though I know that’s completely a lie.

Another thunderclap echoes and Daesung raises his eyebrow. “Really?”

I stick my tongue out at him. “Well, what am I supposed to do? I mean I can’t sleep here—“ A huge smile circles around the boys and that’s when everything hits me. They keep disappearing in the mall, the sound of shopping bags, big smiles whenever I ask, their loud protests, and the newly bought prepared clothes.

I whip my hand up and hit Daesung’s head. “Yah! Did you plan this?”

“Ah! Noona! I’d like it if everyone would stop hitting me!” Daesung rubs his head. “But, I wasn’t the only one in on it.”

My eyes widened as I meet the other’s eyes. They all gave me sheepish smiles. I kept glaring at each of them, after a while they started avoiding my eyes. A few more minutes, I’m having a hard time suppressing my smile. It’s actually a little funny seeing them cower. Maybe I should keep this up for a few more minutes. Thank god, I know how to control my emotions because if I didn’t then I would already be laughing hard at their faces.

“Noona,” Seungri breaks the silence. I snap my head towards him. I slightly soften my glare. “I’m sorry. It wasn’t my fault! They made me do it. I had to go along because they’re my hyungs!” Seungri says in a rush. I barely caught on to it.

“Yah!” Jiyong exclaims. He grabs Seungri’s head and catches him in a headlock. “Don’t blame us for this!” He looks at me and gives a little smile. “This wasn’t our plan in the first place.”

“Oh? So, whose was it?” I give Daesung a fake glare.

“Hyung’s.” He quickly replies.

I raise my eyebrow at him and glance at YoungBae and Jiyong. I lock eyes with YoungBae and he points towards the shower. Ah, so it’s Seunghyun. So, the rest of the boys are innocent…partly. I turn my head towards Jiyong and Seungri. Once they met my gaze, Jiyong let go of Seungri.

I stand up. I could have sworn Seungri flinched and I almost laughed my off. Hold it in a little longer. I take a deep breath. I walk up to the two and glare at them. Their eyes look so terrified. I stare seriously at them until I jump and wrap my arms around the two. I squeeze them with all my strength then I couldn’t help it, I started laughing out loud. I laughed so loud that the two had to pull away.

“You’re not mad at us?” Jiyong asks in shock.

I laugh harder. “Of course…not…I’m just…playing around.” I fell back on the sofa when I saw their expressions.

“Noona is so scary sometimes.” Seungri mutters. I sit up and give Seungri a sweet smile.

“You guys are funny.” I laugh and wipe off the tears that my laughter caused.

“Aye, noona!” Daesung wraps his arm around me. “You got me scared.”

I stick my tongue out and poke his side. Jiyong sits down on my other side while Seungri lies down on the floor next to YoungBae. Seunghyun comes out of the shower in sweatpants and a t-shirt. The others fall silent and look between Seunghyun and I. Seunghyun, oblivious to all the staring, starts walking towards the recliner again. Just when he was about to sit down, I grab the pillow behind me and aim it for him. The pillow hits right in his face just when he takes a seat.

“Yah!” He grabs the pillow off his face. “Who did that?”

“Daesung.” I point to the person next to me.

“Noona!” Daesung panics. He swiftly turns to his hyung. “I swear I didn’t do it.” He then points his fingers exaggeratedly at me. “She did it! I swear!”

Jiyong and Seungri burst out laughing as I bat my eyes innocently at Seunghyun.

“I only did it for a reason.” I “sweetly” say.

“And what is the reason?” Seunghyun asks.

I stick my tongue at him. “For making up that stupid plan.” I grab another pillow and throw it at him. Man, I have good aim.

Seunghyun was just about to throw the pillow back at me when I say, “Hitting a woman, now?” I turn smug.

“Aishh.” He mumbles and ends up throwing the pillows at Seungri and Jiyong. When the two calmed down, Seunghyun asks, “So, are you going to sleep here?”

“I guess if it’s okay. But where am I sleeping exactly?” I look at each of them.

“Well, where do you want to sleep?” Jiyong purses his lips.

“Uh,” I rub the back of my neck. “Well, I could sleep on the couch.” I pat the seat. They all shake their head.

“You shouldn’t sleep on this couch. Just pick one of our rooms.” Daesung says.

I hate it when I’m left alone to pick. It’s too much pressure for me. “Well, I could sleep on the floor in one of your rooms.” I stall. To be honest, I really can’t decide. They’re basically asking me “once you pick one of our rooms, then that means you’ll like one of us”. Ah! Why is it so difficult?

Seungri shakes his head. “You shouldn’t sleep on the floor either. That’s worse than the couch.”

“Then it’s settled! I’ll sleep on the couch—“

“No. Just pick, Charlotte.” Seunghyun cuts me off. I could see the determination in his eyes. Ugh! How the heck am I supposed to choose between 5 (5!) good-looking guys? I feel like pulling my hair out.

“Well, who has the biggest bed?” I stall again. Though, this could give me an answer.

“I do!” They all shout.

I let my head fall into my hands. Aish! They’re making this difficult. I snap my head back up. “That’s it. I’m going to sleep on the couch.” I announce. “And that’s the end of the discussion.” I clap and stand up. “Coffee anyone?”