Chapter 17: A Night to Remember...TPOV

Meeting Each Other
After Charlotte goes into the kitchen, Seungri says in Korean, “We can’t let her sleep on the couch.”

“I know. But what can we do?” Daesung replies. Then he snaps his fingers. “Once she falls asleep on the couch, one of us will carry her and move her to one of our rooms.”

“But which room? I know we all want her in our own rooms.” Jiyong asks.

“True.” Daesung thinks for a while. “Well, who does have the biggest bed?”

I stay quiet. I know for a fact that I have the biggest bed. Since I have the biggest room, I have a big bed to match with it. The other’s eyes slowly slide over to me. I simply shrug.

“Hyung! Can she just sleep with me?” Seungri whines. “I get to spend a whole day with her tomorrow. I think it’s only fair that—“

“Well, I think it’s only fair that Charlotte gets to choose. Not us.” I interrupt. And it’s true. As much as I want to see her sleep in my arms, it’s not my choice. I should respect hers.

“And she chose the couch.” Seunghyun hyung adds.

“I guess you’re both right.” Daesung sighs with Seungri echoing him.

“So there’s some left in the pot. If you want some then you should get some while it’s hot.” Charlotte walks in the living room with a cup of coffee in her hand. Jiyong and Seunghyun hyung go into the kitchen.

“Can I have some?” Daesung asks as he eyes the cup in her hand. She gives it to him and he takes a sip. “Wah~ I think I’m going to get some, too.” Daesung stands up and walks to the kitchen.

Charlotte sits down on the couch. Seungri stands up from the floor. “Well, I’m going to sleep now. Big day tomorrow.” Seungri winks at Charlotte. She giggles into her cup. Seungri walks over to her and kisses her cheek. “Goodnight, noona.” Seungri yawns and walks straight into his room.

I gape at Seungri. He just kisses her cheek. Why do they get to do all this stuff? It’s just not fair. I sigh and stand up from the floor. I sit down next to Charlotte and my body instantly welcomed the electricity.

“Are you sure you want to sleep on the couch?” I ask her.

She sips her cup and thinks for a while. “Well, honestly, I don’t want to. But I don’t think I have the right to barge in your room and sleep on your bed.”

“But you’re not barging in. In fact, we’re giving you the option to do so.” I lean back and smile at her.

She shrugs. “I still don’t think I should be able to do such a thing as that. As much as I’m comfortable with you guys and vice versa, I don’t think I’m that close to do something like that.” She drinks her coffee.

“Well, what if I ask you?” I look at her. I don’t want her to sleep on the couch as much as the others do.

She thinks about it for a while. “Hmm, I don’t know. Maybe, if you’re okay with it.” She finishes up her coffee and sighs. I take the cup away from her hands and lock eyes with her.

“Would you like to sleep in my room tonight?” I ask her.

She blinks a couple of times. Silence fills the room. Then she whispers, “If that’s okay with you.” She looks down to her lap. I smile widely. “But what about the others?” My smile drops. I really don’t have an answer to that. I don’t answer and just shrug.

She smiles up at me. She takes her cup back and heads towards the kitchen. I follow her and see the others sitting at the table.

“Ugh, the kitchen is still a mess.” Charlotte scowls. She starts to grab a washcloth when I place my hand over hers.

“It’s late. Stop working.” I say.

“Fine.” She throws the washcloth. Then she smiles at me. “I’ll just clean it tomorrow.” I chuckle as she skips to the table. “What are you guys talking about?” She asks them.

“About your—“ Jiyong covers Daesung’s mouth.

“About my…?” Charlotte questions.

“Ah, about your great coffee!” Jiyong downs his coffee. Then he coughs. “Hot.” He croaks.

Charlotte laughs and says, “Really? Then why don’t I believe you?”

“Ah, I’m going to bed now.” Seunghyun hyung smiles at her. He walks up to her and hugs her tight. He peers over her shoulder and turns smug as he makes eye contact with me. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous. Then he did something that makes my blood boil. Just a few seconds after he pulls away, he kisses her cheek and throws another smug look at me just before he walks out. “Goodnight!” I hear him shout as his door shuts.

Jiyong and Daesung gape at the kitchen door. Charlotte has her head down. I could have sworn I saw a slight blush. Does she like Seunghyun hyung? I stand next to her. I hear her in a deep breath and then she looks up.

“So, are you guys going to tell me what you were really talking about?” She smiles.

Jiyong and Daesung stand up at the same time.

“Well, I’m sleepy, too.” Jiyong hastily says. Jiyong pecks her on the cheek and says a quick “Goodnight”. Then I hear his door open and close.

Charlotte and I look at Daesung. He smiles at Charlotte and stretches. He does a long yawn. “I think I’m going to sleep, too.” Daesung, just like the others, quickly kisses her cheek and winks at me before leaving to go to his room. Charlotte turns to me.

“I think we should go to sleep, too. ‘Big day tomorrow’” She mimics Seungri.

I smile and grasp her hand. We quietly tiptoe to my room. I tell her wait and I go back to the living room. I turn off the kitchen lights and the living room lights. I walk back to my room and close the door. Charlotte was sitting on the floor.

“What are you planning to do on the floor?” I raise an eyebrow at her.

She shrugs nonchalantly. “Save mankind?” She made it sound like a question.

I smile at her. “Do it tomorrow.” I extend my hand to her.

She takes it. “But I can’t. I have a ‘big day’ tomorrow.”

“Don’t remind me.” I mutter under my breath.

She stands up. “Excuse me?”

“Nothing.” I smile at her. I look at the clock. “We should get to sleep now.” I say. To tell the truth, I actually just wanted to hurry up and lay down. She nods and starts pulling on her sleeves. “Don’t worry. I’m not going to do anything to you.” I tell her. She stops pulling and sighs in relief. She gives me a small smile. “I’ll be on the right side and you be on the left, arasso?” I ask.

She does the okay sign and goes over to the left side of the bed. I turn off the lights and climb in. She starts to climb in as well. Once she was settled, I start to get nervous. No matter how big my bed is it feels so small. I can feel her warmth under the cover. Her back was facing me. I could see that she’s right on the edge of the bed.

Without thinking about it at all, I reach over and wrap my arm around her waist. I feel her stiffen slightly. “What are you doing?” She whispers.

“You’re at the edge of the bed. You should scoot over a little.” I whisper back. I get a firm hold on her waist and drag her away from the edge… and closer to me. Before I know it, her back hits my chest. This is so much closer than I even expected. I hold my breath and wait for her to scoot away. But she didn’t. Instead, she let out a deep breath and fixes the position of her head on the pillow.

I feel her relax and I relax my own arm around her waist.

“You’re so warm.” I blurt. I close my eyes. I did not just say that out loud. I open one of my eyes slowly and look down at her. Is she sleeping already? She lets out a sigh. Whew. It’s a good thing she was asleep already.

I bury my face in her hair and inhale. She smells sweet. I bury my face deeper in her hair and close my eyes.
---------------------------------------

My eyes snap back open. I groan. I turn my head and glance at the clock. 2:25 a.m.! Why can’t I go to sleep? Oh right, because I have a sleeping angel in my arms. This is too much. I can’t sleep when I’m fully aware of her presence so close to me. I once again bury my face in her hair. She stirs and I look at her in alarm. She turns her body and faces me. She cuddles in closer to my chest and sighs. I tighten my arms around her waist and she subconsciously brought one of her hands up to my neck.

She lets out another sigh and I tightly close my eyes. Can time stop right now? This isn’t a dream, is it? I snap my eyes open and still see her sleeping face. I smile. I bring up one of my hands and smooth out her hair. I look at her face. This is the first time I’m seeing her face up-close. She seems to be even more beautiful. I stop smoothing her hair and gently touch her cheek. She has such flawless skin. I lightly trace my fingertips over her eyelids and run them through her eyelashes. Then I lightly trace her little nose.

I stop over the tip of her nose. I eye her lips. They’re so full and pink. I hesitantly run my fingers over them. I move my face closer to hers. I wonder what her lips would feel like. They look and feel really soft. They’re so inviting. I move closer and stop. Should I take advantage of this? I look at her lips and move slightly closer. Then I look at her peaceful face whole. No, I shouldn’t.

I slightly move my face away a little. I close my eyes in content.