Chapter 49: An Answer To All Questions...SPOV

Meeting Each Other

 

“Did YoungBae go out again?” I ask as I walk into the kitchen.

Daesung nods, looking down in his glass of water. I stare at Daesung, waiting for him to say something. I sigh. Daesung’s been acting strange lately. He doesn’t smile that much anymore and he’s been going in and out of our dorm every morning. There seems to be so much going on his mind. Actually, I can’t judge him. Every one of us has been acting weird. In fact, we worry about Charlotte every two hours… And we’re too afraid of going to YG.

I’ve already forgiven YoungBae and I hope he’s forgiven me, but I still feel sad about what’s happened. Charlotte has disappeared, YoungBae is in depression, and Daesung isn’t his cheerful self, Jiyong and Seungri haven’t been themselves either. And I… I’ve felt too much pain already. After what happened with Charlotte in the alley and that fight with YoungBae… Yeah, this emotional side has taken over me. I didn’t really expect for any of us to have sad endings. At least, Charlotte and YoungBae could’ve had one.

But I guess I ruined it for them when I thought I was helping them. I’ve been ignoring YG’s calls, too. I know I’m going to get in so much trouble for that, but I just don’t feel like talking about everything. I snap back to reality and watch Daesung.

He continues to look everywhere except me. He brings his glass up to his mouth as he sips his water. I know he’s hiding something. Hell, he makes it pretty obvious with him being so jumpy. I walk up to Daesung and take the glass away from him. I slam it on the counter and steadily meet Daesung’s eyes.

“What is it you’re hiding, Daesung?” I ask.

“W-what are you talking about, h-hyung? I’m not hiding a-anything.” Daesung looks down at his glass of water.

“Enough with the crap, Daesung. You’re not fooling anybody.” I narrow my eyes. “I know it’s something about Charlotte.” I take in a deep breath, calming myself. “Just tell me.”

Daesung bites his lip. He looks at me nervously. “Hyung…” He sighs. “Promise me you won’t tell YoungBae hyung.”

I narrow my eyes even more. “I can’t make that promise. You know that.”

Daesung sighs as he closes his eyes. He leans back on the counter and rubs his eyes. He runs his hands through his messy hair. He stays in silence for a few moments until he snaps his eyes open.

“Remember how I followed Charlotte noona after your fight with YoungBae hyung?” He says. I nod, remembering her expressionless stare. It gave me cold chills. And it didn’t feel like the chills Charlotte gave me.

“Well…”

-----------------------------------

 [DPOV]

Seunghyun hyung stares at me, eyes wide. I nervously watch him as I play with my fingers. Maybe I shouldn’t have told him. But I do feel better a little. This kind of information was killing me alive. I’ve been trying to get myself to talk to YG-shi or at least get the strength to call him. But I just can’t. That’s why I’ve been going in and out of our dorm, lingering around YG’s office until lunchtime, having my phone in my hand all the time. I don’t want noona to leave at all, but I don’t want to confront YG-shi, since he let her go after all.

Seunghyun hyung lets out a deep breath. “And YG-shi just lets her go just like that?” I nod, my throat feeling dry. He lets out a growl of frustration. “He’s actually going to end everything he’s made?” He mutters. I give him a confused look. What does he mean by that?

Hyung shakes his head and rushes out the kitchen. I quickly follow him. He swiftly slips on his shoes then he opens the door. He pauses. He looks over his shoulder and raises his eyebrows. “Are you coming or not?”

I furrow my eyebrows, questioning him. But I put on my shoes and follow him out anyway. “Where are we going, hyung?” I ask him.

"To find out what the hell is going on.” He growls as he stares forward. I shudder and keep my head down. Seeing hyung like this reminds me of him fighting YoungBae hyung. Actually, both of them looked scary. I’m just glad that everything is quiet for now… Well, not really. It’s been too quiet lately.

Hyung finally stops and I snap my head up. We’re at YG’s office. I glance at my phone. It’s already 5 a.m. Seunghyun hyung turns the doorknob; it’s still locked. He starts pounding on it.

“Hyung, stop.” I say. “It’s already 5 a.m. YG-shi should be here soon.”

“What are you boys doing up so early?”

Hyung and I turn around and bow to YG-shi.

“We need to talk to you.” Seunghyun hyung steadily says.

My hands start to get sweaty. We? Who is ‘we’? I just want to know what the hell is going on. I’m not ready to confront YG-shi yet. YG unlocks his door and gestures us to go in. Hyung continues to stand while I silently take a seat across from his desk. I hear the door close behind us, the sound suddenly deafening to my ears. I ball my hands, feeling how sweaty my palms are. YG sits down and looks at us expectantly.

“Is Charlotte really leaving?” Seunghyun hyung says, getting straight to the point. Tense silence grows in the room. I watch YG silently as his eyes grow huge.

“How did you know about that?” YG asks. I slide my eyes toward hyung. He won’t rat me out, right?

“That’s not important!” Seunghyun hyung snaps, surprising both YG and I. “Is Charlotte really leaving?”

YG sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. “You boys weren’t supposed to know.” He whispers.

“So, what? You think we would’ve forgotten about her after a few days?” Hyung pauses. “You already knew about this, and yet you wouldn’t even tell us.”

“Because Charlotte, herself, told me that she won’t tell you boys.” YG replies.

This time, I speak up while hyung grows quiet.

“What do you mean? Surely, she’ll at least tell us…right?” I stare at YG with huge eyes. He just stares at me.

“Why did you let her go in the first place?” I snap, finally breaking. “You could’ve told her to stay! Do you know how much we were all worried? We haven’t seen her for a whole week, for God’s sake!” I clench and unclench my hands. “Do you know how much YoungBae hyung is suffering?” I shout out.

While I try to calm down my breathing, the two stare at me, eyes wide. Yes, I’ve been snappy lately, too. But can you blame me? Everything has been a living hell for all of us… especially for YoungBae hyung. I hate seeing him every night, seeing all those emotions swimming in his eyes, seeing him like he’s a zombie.

“I’m sorry.” YG whispers.

“You should be.” Seunghyun hyung snaps. “I’m sorry, YG-shi, but do you know how much of a mess this is now?”

I look between the two. “Is there something I don’t know?”

“Yes.” Seunghyun hyung bitterly laughs, glancing at YG. “For once, there’s something you don’t know.” YG glares at hyung. Hyung meets his eyes steadily. “At least, Daesung should know. It hard for me to know alone.”

YG lets out a frustrated sigh. “Daesung, sit down. You need to know something.”