Chapter 29: All For You...CPOV

Meeting Each Other
“Daesung, where are we going?” I ask him as he manages to drag me out of the building. We link arms and we start walking on the sidewalk.

“I’m just eager to spend my day with you.” He smiles, not technically answering my question.

“Eager enough to skip breakfast?” I raise my eyebrow.

“Sure.” He says with a fake smile. I roll my eyes the same time his stomach grumbles. He groans and places his hands on his stomach.

I take his hand. “Come on. Let’s go back. I’ll make breakfast for you guys.” I say as I try to pull him back in the building. Daesung pulls me back.

“Ani.” He whines. “We’ll just eat out.”

“But we shouldn’t spend your money like that. Besides, what about the others?” I protest. As much as I’m worried about breakfast, there’s a part of me just wanting to go back and see YoungBae.

Daesung shakes his head and pulls me farther away from the building. I look behind me and stare at the building door longingly.

“What’s the rush, anyway?” I ask. He slows down and we start walking.

“I just want to talk to you.” He replies, not looking at me. Fear and guilt takes over me. Maybe Daesung is mad at me; he’s probably just hiding it. Or maybe he’s jumped to the conclusion that I like Seunghyun. Or worse, that he’s jumped to the conclusion that I don’t like YoungBae. What if Daesung told YoungBae that? But what if Daesung really just wants to talk? No. I know Daesung just doesn’t want to talk. So far, Daesung seems to know a lot.

“Noona?”

I snap back to my senses. “Yes?” I turn to Daesung.

“Don’t you want to sit?” Daesung gestures towards a bench. I sit down as I look at our surroundings. We’re in the park I saw YoungBae and the others; the same park I ran away from him. And the same bench where I saw each of the boys. Funny how that day seems like years away already. I chuckle under my breath darkly.

“What’s wrong, noona?” I hear Daesung ask me.

I meet his eyes and shake my head. I force another smile. “Nothing. Just looking at the park.”

“I heard this is where you and YoungBae saw each other for the second time.” Daesung whispers as he starts playing with my fingers.

I gape at him. How does he know that? I thought nobody saw me. I mean despite me being distracted at the time, I’m sure no one saw. The fans were all too busy screaming and the others were all signing and taking pictures with their fans.

“I found YoungBae staring at an empty spot at that time.” Daesung says, not meeting my gaze. “When I asked him what he’s staring at, he replied with one word: ‘her’.” Daesung smiles up at me. I see his eyes slide over to the spot where the fans gathered at that time. “He didn’t know your name back then, but I could see the interest in his eyes. He’s never had that sparkle in his eyes when it came to a girl. Actually, I’ve never seen that sparkle unless he’s doing his music.”

I stare at Daesung, silently begging he’ll continue. Daesung looks at me and slowly smiles.

“At first, I thought he was just curious. But when I asked where you were,” He smiles shyly at me. “He told me ‘she walked away’. Once I heard the pain in his voice, I suddenly understood why that sparkle was there.” Then he whispers quietly, “It was all for you.”

I feel my heart stop as I take everything in. The sparkle… The pain… Why does this all sound so familiar to me? It was all for you, the thought waltzes into my mind. It was all for you… I close my eyes as the words repeat in my head like a melody playing. Why do those words make a big impact on me? As if… as if I’ve felt this before.

I feel Daesung slide his arm under my head. I let out a sigh as I open my eyes and see Daesung hovering over me.

“I’m okay.” I whisper as I place my head on his shoulder. I don’t get this at all. Why do those words keep bothering me? “You can continue.” I whisper.

Daesung looks at me with a worried and confused expression, but he continues. “After what happened, YoungBae hyung and I went to look for you. Actually, we didn’t even care about the other girls coming up to us. I saw how much hyung was shaken. And by the time we gave up and came back to our dorm, hyung was silent. I was getting to the point of worrying he might have a cold or something.”

“Then Jiyongie, Seunghyun, and Seungri found me by then.” I say.

Daesung nods. “I was starting to believe we wouldn’t see you anymore. But then Jiyong hyung brings you in. I was sort of frustrated that YoungBae hyung refused to leave his room.” He looks at me. “That’s when I realized that he didn’t want to see ‘Miss Perfect’ because he thought it wasn’t you.”

“So, that would mean…” I trail off.

“It would mean that he was hurting because he thought it wasn’t you.” Daesung whispers thoughtfully and a smile curls his lips.

Out of nowhere, I hug him tight. “Thank you.” I whisper in his ear.

He chuckles. “It’s no problem. He’s different with you…” We pull away. “So,” Daesung chuckles nervously. “Did Seunghyun hyung do anything last night?”

I grew silent. Did something happen last night? No, Seunghyun isn’t like that. He’s too much of a gentleman. He wouldn’t lie to me, right? He wouldn’t take advantage of me like that. I shake my head and Daesung lets out a sigh of relief.

“You guys just slept together?” Daesung asks.

I wince at the order of the words. “I fell asleep and I guess he fell asleep a few minutes later.”

Daesung nods and thinks. “What about when you woke up?”

I decide to tell him about my confusion morning. When I finish, he stays silent.

“I see.” He murmurs.

I let my head fall into my hands. “I don’t know what to do. I feel like I’m going crazy.” I bite down on my tongue.

Daesung pats my back. “It’s okay. I’m here.” I smile up at him. He abruptly stands up. “Well, today is my day. Let’s go!” He grins as he takes my hand.

He pulls me up and we start walking around. As we pass by many buildings, Daesung tells me everything in the city. Like what store or buildings or the places they went before. Many fans came up to us. It’s all very overwhelming. After a good 45 minutes of walking around, our stomachs start to rumble. Daesung and I share a glance and soon burst out laughing.

“Ah, this is what we get for skipping breakfast.” Daesung mutters as he pats his stomach.

“You made me skip breakfast.” I roll my eyes. “I wasn’t the one who wanted to skip it.”

Daesung nudges me and smiles. Then his smile goes wider as he stares behind me. I turn around and I’m faced with a store. I look up and try to read the sign. Ugh, it’s in Korean. I really need to learn how to read and speak Korean soon. I feel so stupid when I’m among the boys and they start talking in Korean around me. I felt especially dumb when the kids I played with yesterday were talking and I had to have Jiyong for a translation. I look back at Daesung.

“What is this place?” I ask him. I stand beside him and we face the store.

“A place for us to get food.” Daesung’s grin gets bigger as he walks forward and looks from the window. I stand next to him and look inside. Daesung rushes inside. I follow him inside and see eye the people over the counter.

That’s when I finally understand everything. Man, I’m so slow today. Over the counter, the employees are kneading dough. Then in the farther back, they’re doing something to it. Food! My stomach suddenly grumbles.

I clutch on Daesung’s arm. “What is this?”

“Fried dough. It’s like donuts or something like that. I can’t explain.” Daesung says, never taking his eyes of the food. “Just try it. It’s good.”

We walk over to the counter, our arms linked. Daesung rings the bell on the counter and the employees snap their heads up. The younger looking employees start whispering to each other while the eldest walks over to us with a smile on his face. He looks like he’s the owner.

He says something in Korean and Daesung replies. They start talking and then the owner walks towards the newly fresh batch. The younger employees come closer to us. They bring out paper and pen and hand it to Daesung shyly. Without taking his arm away from me, Daesung signs the papers with a bright smile. Once they were satisfied, they continue whispering while working.

The owner comes back with a small black bag. Daesung seems to be surprised when the owner hands Daesung the bag. Daesung gently pushes the bag back to the owner. The owner shakes his head and shoves the bag back to Daesung with a huge smile.

Daesung smiles widely, bows, and thanks them many times until we’re completely out the door.

“You didn’t pay.” I tell him once we start walking again.

“I didn’t need to.” Daesung smiles. “He gave a more than what I asked for and he refused for me to pay.”

“How much did you ask for?”

“Only two. But he added about 5 more.” He looks in the bag. He takes one out. He tears a piece and feeds me it. I chew it and nod eagerly in approval.

“Give me one. You’re too slow.” I say as I reach for the bag. He pulls it away from me and takes another one out. I quickly snatch it and take a bite. Daesung chuckles and takes a bite from his.

“It’s so good.” I gush as I take another bite.

“What are we going to do with the leftovers?” Daesung asks with a mouthful.

I shrug. “Aren’t you going to give it to the others?”

Daesung shakes his head. “Ani. It’ll get cold. It’s better eaten when it’s hot.”

“So, that’s just a way of saying that we should eat this because it’ll get cold soon.”

“Neh. We wouldn’t want to eat this cold, right?”

We smile at each other before we attack the rest of the buns. It really is good. I can’t even describe it. I’m too busy eating it anyway.

“So, where to now?” I ask, covering my mouth as I chew and talk at the same time. I swallow it and take another bite instantly.

Daesung shrugs. “I didn’t really plan like the others did. So far, I made a plan to talk to you. And since I did it, I don’t know what to do now.”

“What time is it?”

He checks his watch. “11:23 a.m.” He sighs. After a moment of silence and eating, Daesung claps. “I got it!”

Daesung shoves the remaining half of his bun in his mouth and grabs my hand as he starts running. It was so sudden that I dropped my food as we started running.

“Daesung.” I whine. “You own me another one. Where are we going anyway?”

“Weff all.” Daesung says in excitement. What? What the heck is “weff all”?

“What?” I say in confusion.

Daesung quickly tries to chew the food in his mouth. He did shove a pretty big piece in his mouth. He finally manages to swallow. “The mall.” He says. Huh. I still don’t get how “weff” can sound like “the”. I shake my head, dumbfounded.

“But didn’t we go there already?”

“Only the clothing stores.” He says as he brings out his phone. He says something in Korean then ends the call. “Van should be here soon.”

Soon after, the black van comes. We go in and tell the driver where to go. Once the car started moving, I ask about the music video.

“What song are you guys doing?” I ask in curiosity. It has to be Japanese since Jiyong told me they’re promoting in Japan right now.

“Tell Me Goodbye. It’s for one of the upcoming dramas.” Daesung replies.

“What drama?”

“The one Seunghyun hyung was in.”

I raise my eyebrow. “Seunghyun can act?” Daesung nods and he tells me about the drama “IRIS”. Once I get access to my laptop, I think I’ll check this drama out. There’s got to be people subbing dramas and such, right?

“Do you know what we’re going to film in the MV?” I ask him.

Daesung shakes his head. “Not yet. I think we’ll know after all our ‘dates’.” Daesung smiles.

“I see.” I murmur. I wonder what I have to do. Will I have to play a love interest between the guys or for one member? Maybe I’ll only have to film a little bit; like I’m just part of a flashback. This must be a sad song, right? The title seems fitting enough.

“We’re here.” Daesung sings as he climbs out of the car. I say a quick thank you before I head out. Daesung soon drags me inside the mall.

“What are we going to do here?” I ask.

Daesung slings his arm around my shoulders. “You’ll see. Trust me, I bet we’ll have fun. The kind of fun that we used to have when we’re kids.”

With that, he starts leading me all the way to the other end of the mall.