Chapter 42: A Struggle Between Two...CPOV

Meeting Each Other

 

“Stop it!” I shout, utterly shaken up.

They’re fighting.

The boys who seem closer than family are fighting. They’re fighting! YoungBae and Seunghyun are fighting! I stare wide-eyed at the scene. I can’t even move. My legs won’t work. In fact, my whole body shut down when I first saw Seunghyun take a hit at YoungBae. I see Jiyong, Daesung, and Seungri struggle to tear the two apart. Seunghyun tackles YoungBae down to the floor and YoungBae throws him off.

Daesung tries to take Seunghyun away from YoungBae, but Seunghyun roughly pushes him away. Daesung falls back and hits his head against the wall. As if someone threw a bucket of water at me, I instantly snap back. I quickly run over to Daesung and crouch down. I hold on to his arm with one hand and bring my other hand up to the back of his head.

“Noona.” Daesung croaks as he weakly smiles. He shakes his head a little.

“Are you okay?” I ask. I inspect his head. I sigh in relief. He’s not bleeding or anything.

“I’m fine. It just hurts.” He clears his throat. I help him stand back up. His knees give out and I hold on to him. He leans on me. I shake my head. This won’t do. He must have hit his head hard. I crouch back down and gently bring Daesung down with me. He sits down and leans his back against the wall.

“Stay here and don’t move.” I bite my lip. “Try to stay awake, just in case.”

I hear him softly chuckle as I stand up. Jiyong and Seungri are still working hard. I feel a stab in my heart as I see Seunghyun punch YoungBae in the gut. I take two steps closer, subconsciously. But my heart squeezes when I see YoungBae push Seunghyun and throw him to the ground.

“Stop it!” I scream again. It’s no use to scream. I know they can’t hear me. They’re too caught up. Why are they fighting in the first place? This is complete nonsense. These boys are practically brothers, for God’s sake!

I then notice that I’m already close to the duo. YoungBae shoves Seunghyun and Seunghyun falls back towards me. I manage to catch him before he falls. Man, he’s heavy. Seunghyun straightens back up and instantly lunges for YoungBae. I wrap my arms around his stomach and try all my freaking strength to hold him back. I wasn’t strong enough. Seunghyun still manages to swing and hit YoungBae’s face. I gasp and hold on tighter to Seunghyun as Jiyong runs over to help me.

“Charlotte.” Jiyong breathes. “You shouldn’t be here. You’ll get hurt.”

I shake my head stubbornly. “No. I want to help.” I say. I quickly duck when I see Seunghyun’s arm swing back wildly. Jiyong didn’t have a chance to respond since Seunghyun broke free from our grasp.

“Stop it you two!” I yell. I know that it’s no use, but it’s worth a shot right?

The two ignore me and continue to throw punches. I frantically look at the scene, utterly scared as hell. I meet Seungri’s eyes. He looks so scared… so shaken. I sprint over and peel YoungBae off of Seungri. I throw YoungBae over to Jiyong, who cleanly catches him. I know I shouldn’t have done that, but come on! A maknae seeing his hyungs fight is not something to cheer about. Plus, Seungri looks so scared. He really is the youngest.

“Noona…” Seungri whispers, staring at his hyungs.

“Go over to Daesung. Keep him company for me, please.” I gently push him towards Daesung. Seungri nods and takes a deep breath. Then calmly walks over to Daesung, avoiding the fighting duo. I mentally smile. He’s trying to stay calm and strong. I hear a few grunts come from the others. I turn my head and see YoungBae elbow Jiyong in the gut. I gasp as I see Jiyong fold over, coughing. I run over to him. I wrap my arms around him and take a few steps away from the two.

I rub Jiyong’s back as I stare at him in worry.

Jiyong shakes his head and weakly smiles. “I’m good.”

I breathe a sigh of relief. I look up and stare at YoungBae and Seunghyun. My heart cracks as I see the two bruised up. Then I feel my brain leave my head. I straighten up. I take two steps forward, still watching.

I distinctly hear Jiyong call me name. I ignore him and focus all my senses on these two. Seunghyun roughly pushes YoungBae against the wall and Seunghyun quickly swings. I take a step forward. YoungBae manages to move away and shoves Seunghyun back. They start swinging at each other again. Every punch makes my heart crack. I’m surprised my heart is still alive. I see YoungBae wind up again.

That’s when I snap.

As fast as I could, I jump in between the two. Next thing I know, I feel a sharp sting around my jaw and cheek… then I’m on the floor, coughing my insides out.

“Noona!” I hear someone shout. My head starts to pound. “Noona! Are you okay? Noona!” Someone yells in my ear.

Why is someone shouting? They need to stop… Stop. I start to see tiny black dots in my vision. I slowly close my eyes little by little.

“Charlotte! Don’t close your eyes! Charlotte!” Someone else yells as they shake me. Why can’t I close my eyes? Can’t I rest? My head hurts and my face stings… Maybe I’ll just close my eyes for a few minutes. Hmm, I haven’t seen YoungBae in a while. Maybe if I close my eyes I can think of… YoungBae!

I force my eyes open. Jiyong, Daesung, and Seungri’s faces were hovering over me. I hear them breathe a sigh of relief.

“Noona.” Daesung whispers. “Are you alright?”

I don’t respond. I sit up and blink a couple of times. Jiyong, Daesung, and Seungri are on the floor with me. YoungBae and Seunghyun are standing a few feet away, just staring. I let my gaze linger on those two. One look at their faces and I’ve made my decision. I stand up, feeling my blood cool down. The other three stand up with me, holding on to me as if I’ll collapse any time soon. Maybe I will; just not now. I have something to do. I hope what I’m about to do doesn’t kill me first.

I meet Seunghyun’s eyes. He looks shocked and…sad. I wonder why. My heart squeezes. I quickly look down and then lock eyes with YoungBae.

The look in his eyes makes me feel as if a million needles stab my heart. I feel my eyes sting. I turn my head and look away. I take a deep breath and shake away all the hands holding me up.

I meet all their eyes before turning my back and walking away.

I know exactly where I need to go.

I’ve made my decision, but I don’t think I’ll have the will to do it.

----------------------------------

I look ahead of me, not really seeing anything. I wipe at my eyes, hoping I won’t burst when I do this. I know this is going to be hard, but I don’t think I have any other choice. It’s tearing them apart… and I feel very guilty. I close my eyes and take in a deep breath. I open my eyes and slowly knock on the door three times.

“Come in.” I hear a voice say.

I wrap my hand around the doorknob, but hesitate. I look over my shoulder and stare down the empty hall. I open the door and go inside before my body chooses to collapse.

“Ah~ Charlotte. What brings you here?”

My everything, I thought. My love for these boys is what brought me here.

-----------------------------------

[DPOV]

I quickly hide behind the wall as I see her look over her shoulder. Why is she here? Something’s wrong. She just got hurt and yet she was so calm. This is what scares me. From what she told me about her past, her going calm when something really bad happens is something to watch out for. And that is what she’s doing right now. That’s why I’m scared to death. She’s doing something… and for once, I don’t know what.

Her face when she goes completely calm just freaks me out. I can’t read her face. It’s as if she lost all her emotions. I take a peek. She swiftly opens the door and goes inside. I step out from the wall and take a few steps forward. I look behind me, making sure nobody else is here. I hear the door click; she closed it. I go closer and press my ear against the door.

“I have to talk to you about something.” I hear a high pitch voice say. This must be Charlotte.

“What is it?” I hear YG-shi reply. Silence. “Charlotte? What’s the matter?”

I hear a sob, making my heart squeeze. “YG-shi…”

“Charlotte… What’s the matter?”

I hear her take a deep breath. “No, I don’t need any.” I hear her take in another shaky breath. She mumbles something too low for me to hear.

“Excuse me?” YG-shi asks, his voice… in disbelief?

“I want to leave.”