Chapter 52: A Sense... TPOV

Meeting Each Other

 

“Do you think you can speed it up a little?” Jiyong asks, sensing the tense atmosphere in the van. Daesung slings his arm around my shoulders as the van speeds a little more. I anxiously glance at my watch again. It’s 7:56 a.m. Aishh! I’m actually thinking of running the rest of the way. YG-shi called us a few minutes ago: telling us that he found out what time Charlotte’s plane is leaving, which is at 8 a.m. Why couldn’t he tell us that earlier?

“We just have to turn…” I hear Seunghyun hyung mumble. “Now. Stop the car!” He says to our driver. Our driver presses down on the brakes and the van comes to a halt. We all climb out of the van swiftly as possible.

“Good luck!” Our driver says before Seungri closes the door. We watch the van drive off to the parking lot garage.

“Hyung, let’s go.” Daesung says as he pulls on my arm. I turn and see that Jiyong and Seungri are already inside and running off. Seunghyun hyung is also inside, waiting for us. Daesung and I run inside, and then we all go to the help center.

“Big Bang!” One of the workers gasps. I hear scream behind us, but I could care less right now.

“Which flights are going to America?” I ask.

The man looks through his computer, slowly driving a knife through my head. He’s taking way too long! As if he read my mind, he says, “Ah! There are three flights heading off to America. Flight 312, flight 658, and flight 245.”

We all say thank you and bow. We walk away from the crowds. “Seungri and I will go check out flights 312 and 658.” Seunghyun hyung says. “You three will go check out flight 245.” We follow his commands without a single protest.

“Fighting!” Seungri shouts as he and hyung start running to the left. “Fighting.” Daesung says as he starts pulling Jiyong and I to the right. We start running down and we turn on the first left. Then I’m faced with three sections.

“I’ll go over here.” Jiyong says as he runs off to the first section.

“And I’ll be over here.” Daesung slaps my back before he runs off to the next.

I guess I have to go to section three. I start walking towards it when I see in big bold numbers: 245. That’s when I start sprinting. This is it. She could still be here, right? I would have enough time to convince her. But then I hear the words I never wanted to hear.

“Flight 245 is now leaving.”

At the same time, I stop right in the middle of the place. I see the attendant fixing the lock on the door. I quickly run up to her. I tap her shoulder. She turns around and her eyes widen.

“Taeyang!” She squeals.

I resist the urge to roll my eyes. “May I go in?” I gesture towards the door. She looks confused for a moment, but realization kicks in.

“I’m sorry, but you can’t. The plane is already taking off. See?” She waves her hand towards the window. My heart drops as I see the plane hovering off the ground already. The attendant walks away, leaving me there in agony. That’s it.

She’s gone…

“You can’t leave me.” I say, my voice shaking. A sob escapes my lips, cracking me open. “You can’t leave me.” I say once more. I grab my heart. My heart hurts so much. It feels like it’s getting ready to leave me, too. My head starts to throb, pounding louder than my heart. I think my heart is growing weak, like I am right now. My arms suddenly feel like tons of cinderblocks are crushing my bones. And then I feel my knees shaking; I know they’re going to give out soon.

Tears are uncontrollably flowing down my cheeks, making me loose my sense of sight. My shallow breathing then takes away my sense of smell and my throat goes dry swiping away my sense of taste. But, my sense of hearing remains, making it feel like my ears are bleeding. All the chatter in the airport rings loudly in my ears, the noises of bells, doors, and phones…

 “Hyung!”

The scream actually makes my want to loose my sense of hearing. Actually makes me want to be deaf. I was about to cover my ears when I come to realize something.

My sense of touch also remains.

Why is that?

Just then, I feel a sudden impact against my body and arms go around my neck tightly. I was thinking that this was Daesung comforting me, but then I feel a fierce electricity surge through my veins.

And my heart soars.

-----------------------------------

A/N:   :)