Chapter 3: Another Encounter...CPOV

Meeting Each Other
“Ah~” I stretched out of bed. I looked at my clock, 8:00 am. “It’s pretty bright outside.” I yawned. “I’ll go take a walk at the park I saw.”

After dressing, I recalled the places I took to find that park. I distantly see kids in a playground. Ah, there it is, I thought.

I cross the street and walk many different routes. I sigh, feeling peace ever since I got here. Though, no matter how much I try to distract myself, it doesn’t work. All I can think about is him. When I tried going to sleep that night, I only thought about his eyes and the way they smile, his smile itself, his nicely styled hair, and the way she saw a little pink blush in his cheeks though he didn’t notice it.

I closed my eyes and tilted my face up towards the sun. I didn’t even know his name, but yet he was on my mind ever since we bumped into each other.

After walking blindly and feeling the sun, I heard some girls give a loud scream. I opened my eyes to see two schoolgirls running towards the center of the park, camera phones in hand. What’s going on here? I wondered. Before I took at least two steps, I heard even more screams coming behind me. I turned around and saw at least twelve girls screaming at the top of their lungs. They all ran and bumped into me, all ignoring me, except one girl.

The schoolgirl has brown hair with red streaks in it. A young face, but pretty and fresh. She says something in Korean. I look at her in confusion.

“Oh, you must speak English.” She says. She extends her hand and says, “I’m Kim Taeyeon.”

“Hmm, that name sounds familiar. She’s the leader of Girls’ Generation, right?” I ask.

“Yep.” Taeyeon smiles. “But I’m not her, though I wish. What’s your name?”

“I’m Charlotte. You speak English very well.” I observe.

“Thank you.” Taeyeon simply says.

“What’s going on over there?” I point to the crowd of screaming girls.

Taeyeon gives me a questioning look. “You don’t know?”

“Know what?”

“Big Bang is here! They’re looking for a girl who can be in their upcoming music video.”

I ask, “Big Bang?”

Taeyeon looked at me, shocked. Before she could reply and explain, the schoolgirls erupt into a huge scream. Five boys come out of a van, looking very stylish. Taeyeon screams, making me cover my ears, and turns to me.

“You go ahead. I’m going to continue my walk.” I smile.

“Thank you! Bye!” Then Taeyeon starts to run, but then she turns around.
“Here, I’ll give you my number. We should hang out sometime.” She tells me her number and I save it into my phone as she does the same with mine. She then runs off to her screaming friends.

Hmm, a lot of girls seem interested in this Big Bang. I should sit over at that bench. It seems to be closer enough to see everything, I thought. I walk over and sit down and watch the boys.

One comes out and wow he has smoldering eyes. Enough to make any girl faint with just one look. A group of girls chant his name.

“TOP! TOP! TOP!” they shriek.

TOP, must be a band name. I thought. Another boy comes out, I recognize him. Maknae, I recalled. That’s the boy who was younger than the other two. Another group of girls scream his name.

“Seungri! Seungri! Seungri!” they scream.

Then I also recognize the next boy that comes out.

“That’s Daesung.” I whispered.

Then one more boy comes out of the van. He has more style than the others. It was more unique. He must be a true fashionista.

“G-Dragon! G-Dragon! G-Dragon!” Schoolgirls shout.

I stood up, thinking no more boys would come out. But then my eyes locked with a familiar eye smile. Oh my God. It was him.

“Taeyang! Taeyang! Taeyang!” they sang.

He’s famous. He’s a singer. No wonder he was so handsome. No wonder there was many girls screaming his name. We stared each other. He smiled a shy smile. My heart skipped a beat. All I wanted to do was smile back and maybe even go over there, but instead my body did the opposite.

I looked into his eyes once again before turning around and walking away. What did I just do? I screamed at myself.