Chapter 9: Morning Treat... TPOV

Meeting Each Other
“Ani!” Someone shouts. Why would someone be shouting so early in the morning? Who is shouting anyway?

“Daesung,” Someone else says. “What are you hiding?” So, this sounds like Jiyong and the other one was Daesung. What are those two talking about now? Wait, Daesung is back? Did he just get back this morning?

“It’s a morning surprise.” Daesung chuckles.

Now, I’m fully awake. I sit up in my bed. If Daesung just got back then what did he do all night? Did he stay with that girl? The girl… Did he do anything to her? What did they do? Without me realizing it, I was already out of my room. Seunghyun hyung and I both got out at the same time. As I was walking into the living room, I hear a gasp. Was it someone here or my imagination? Anyway, I see Daesung blocking the door to the kitchen and Jiyong in front of him. Seungri, who is only a few inches away from the other two, asks Daesung a question. “Did you hear that?”

“That was me.” Daesung did a gasp to prove his point. I looked at him. That didn’t sound like the last one. I shrug it off and Seunghyun hyung asks, “What’s wrong now?”

Jiyong and Seungri turn their backs from Daesung and walk over to us. I can’t help, but feel suspicious about Daesung. He’s acting very strange right now. What is he hiding?

“Daesung won’t let us go in the kitchen.” Jiyong explains.

“He won’t tell us why.” Seungri adds.

The three start to talk about Daesung, but I just can’t listen in. My eyes keep falling towards Daesung. Daesung has his head turned behind him, as if he was talking to somebody. I see him smile and turn back toward us. It was then I notice that the kitchen door close.

“Come on! Let’s go in now.” Daesung smiles as he gestures toward the door.

“Why did you keep us waiting? I’m so hungry.” Seungri whines.

“You’ll see.” Daesung walks over and pushes us to the door. Jiyong and Seungri start nudging each other to get in front which causes me to be behind all of them. Daesung opens the door and sings, “Tada!”

I hear Jiyong and Seungri exclaim and shout out of joy. Seunghyun hyung walks inside and I see a huge grin on his face. I hesitantly walk in and see our table set with food. Plates, silverware, and cups neatly displayed in front of our chairs; milk, orange juice, and a bottle of syrup were in the middle; a big plate of bacon strips were on the right side of it; and on the other side of the milk was two plates of pancakes piled up.

I tried to look for Daesung, but I found him with his arm linked with a girl. Wait, a girl? I looked at her, and almost fainted right then and there. It was her. It was the girl that I’ve been looking for. She looked beautiful as ever. She was in some black jeans with a plain purple shirt. She was smiling at Jiyong and Seungri exchanging high fives.

Then her eyes met mine. I felt a smile show up in my face. She gave me a grin. Then she says, “Hurry up and eat before everything gets cold.”

Jiyong runs up and hugs her. “Thank you!” He laughs. She seems slightly startled from the suddenness, but she then pats his back and pushes him towards the table.

Seungri hugs her next and says, “I hope it’s good as it looks.”

She laughs and replies, “It’s decent.”

Jiyong and Seungri plops down on the right side of the table and start to reach for the food.

“Wait.” The girl warns. All of us look at her. “You two have to wait until the others are sitting down, too.” She tells Jiyong and Seungri.

The two smile and hungrily eye the food. Seunghyun hyung smiles at her and says a quiet “thank you” and sits down across from the two 7 year olds. Daesung skips to my side and says, “Come on, hyung. Let’s eat.”

I nod and meet the girl’s eyes again. I smile and thank her. I sit down next to Seunghyun hyung while Daesung sits next to Seungri, across from me. We all stare at the girl, she smiles and says, “Dig in.”

After that, we all grab what we can. We each all got two pancakes, but we all got an uneven amount of bacon. While I pour myself a glass of milk and Seunghyun hyung gets the orange juice, the other three start eating.

“How is it?” Seunghyun hyung asks.

Jiyong lifts his head up and looks at the girl. “It’s so good!”

Seungri, with his mouth full, adds, “Delicious!”

Daesung just smiled at the girl and continued chomping down his food. Seunghyun hyung and I start eating our food, too. And dear lord was it heavenly. The pancakes seem perfectly made, and the bacon was just right. I found myself eating everything on my plate.

“You boys bring me your plates when you’re done. I’ll be in the kitchen.” I hear the girl say.

“Wait!” Seungri says. I look at him. His mouth is still full of food. How can he even chew with that much? Seungri stands up and walks over to the girl. He grabs her hand and pulls her down in his seat between Daesung and Jiyong. “Have you eaten yet?”

She smiles and shakes her head. “I was too busy making breakfast for you guys.” She stands up and gestures Seungri his seat.

Seungri shakes his head and places his hands on her shoulders. He gently pushes her down on his chair, takes his plate, and goes to sit by me. We all start eating again except for the girl. It was quiet for a while. I know I couldn’t talk because I was too busy eating.

The silence was broken when Daesung asks the girl, “Are you sure you don’t want to eat?”

“I’m fine.” She smiles. But then her stomach starts grumbling.

Jiyong, Seungri, and Seunghyun start laughing. I smile at her then instantly frown when Daesung feeds her a piece of his pancake. The other three stop laughing, too.

“Here, have some.” Daesung tells her.

“Daesung! No fair!” Jiyong exclaims in Korean this time.

Daesung just sticks his tongue out and then smiles at the girl. Her cheeks turn into that adorable shade of pink and she quickly opens and takes the piece.

While the girl chews, Daesung says in Korean, “There. That wasn’t so bad, was it?” He says to Jiyong.

Jiyong pouts. Seungri abruptly stands up and feeds the girl a piece of bacon.

“Here. The bacon’s good, too.” The girl takes it and says a quiet thank you as she chews. The pink blush in her cheeks goes a little darker. Jiyong explodes after that.

“No fair!” He exclaims. Before anyone else says a word, the girl stands up and smiles.

“Um, I have a lot of cleaning to do in the kitchen. You guys just finish up and give the plates to me.” She laughs nervously and walks into the kitchen.

Seungri growls in frustration. “Why did you have to ruin it, hyung?” He addresses to Jiyong.

Jiyong sticks his tongue out at him, looking pretty frustrated himself. Then he turns to Daesung. “Why are you still wearing yesterday’s clothes? Did you just get back this morning?”

Daesung chuckles nervously and moves his fork around. “Uh, yes.”

Seungri’s head goes down and his forehead hits the table. Jiyong and Seunghyun hyung stares at Daesung with open mouths. Since I’m the only one who seems to not take this as an end of the world thing, I ask Daesung, “Where did you sleep then?” My voice sounds so strained.

Please don’t say anything involving the girl. Please don’t say anything! I silently pleaded. But what Daesung said next made my heart sink.

“I slept at her hotel room.” Daesung replies, pointing his fork towards the kitchen.

I felt like slamming my head on the table like Seungri did. Daesung better not have done anything to her. He shouldn’t even be interested in her. He knows how much I like her. Heck, like doesn’t seem to describe it since all I’ve been doing is thinking about her. But, what if the girl likes Daesung? Then nothing would be stopping them. I mean they look so comfortable around each other already. She even let him sleep at her hotel room…. Wait.

“Hotel room?” I ask.

Daesung shrugs. “Yup. Why?”

“Why in a hotel? Is she only staying for a few days?” Jiyong asks, overcoming his shock.

Daesung shrugs again. “I don’t know. But there are a bunch of boxes and suitcases there. So, I’m not sure. Though, that hotel is horrible. It looks too dangerous for a pretty girl like her to be staying there.”

Seungri’s head snaps back up. “We should find her a better place.”

“I told her that I could find her a better place, but she refused because I told her I would pay for it.” Daesung shakes his head. I smiled mentally. She’s so nice.

We were all quiet after Daesung’s statement. It looks like the others were thinking.

“Wait!” Seunghyun hyung says. We all stare at him. “I have an idea.”

We all lean in and listen to what he has to say. Jiyong, Daesung, and Seungri exchanged his fives. Then I found all of us smiling at the idea.