Chapter 18: To Dream Or Not To Dream...CPOV

Meeting Each Other
“Shh!”

“Shush!”

“Shut up!”

I groan. Who’s shouting in the morning? Can’t they see I’m sleeping? Light shadows over my eyelids. I sling my arm over my eyes and turn my body.

Thud!

I snap my eyes open and grab my head. Ow! What in the world? I look everywhere. Carpet. Why is there carpet on a bed? I turn my head to the left and hit my forehead again.

“What the hell?” I sit up. A person’s face it the only thing I see. I blink rapidly and rub my eyes.

“Well, good morning.”

I jump away from Seunghyun and cover my mouth. Out of the daze, I finally look around me clearly. I’m in the living room. What? I look down. I’m on the floor with Seunghyun kneeling in front of me. Wasn’t I sleeping in YoungBae’s room?

“What are you doing here?” I ask him.

He chuckles. “What do you mean? I live here.” He replies.

Okay, I’m really confused. “What am I doing here?” I ask more to myself than Seunghyun.

“Because you chose to sleep here, remember?” Seunghyun answers anyway.

Huh? I glance at the couch. It had a pillow and a ruffled blanket. Did I sleep here? Was I dreaming the whole time last night? But it felt so real. How could it be a dream? But if it was real then how the heck did I fall asleep in YoungBae’s room and wake up in the living room? Ah, my head hurts. I groan and clutch my head. Okay, killer headache in the morning.

“Ow…” I whimper.

“Does your head hurt?” Seunghyun asks. I slightly nod my head. Before I can figure out what he’s doing, he puts one of his arms under my knees and places the other around my waist. I instinctively wrap my arms around his neck as he carries me effortlessly into the kitchen. A soft tingle runs up and down my back and my heart starts to pound. Ah, what is going on this morning? My head must be throbbing too much. I found myself tightening my hold around his neck, as he was about to set me on top of the counter.

He places me on top of the counter and lets go of my legs. Seunghyun lets go of my waist and I didn’t let go of his neck. “Hey…” He smiles at me. He brings his hands up to grip my wrist. “I just need to get something.” I loosen my hold and he places my hands on my lap. He goes over to search in the cupboards. My head pounds just as hard as my heart. I grip my forehead.

Ah! Did I drink alcohol or something? No way. I don’t drink at all. All I remember from last night was laying down on a bed… and YoungBae’s arms wrapping around me and pulling me close. Aishh! I can’t even tell what’s reality and what’s a dream anymore! Maybe I’m going crazy…

“Here. Drink this.” Seunghyun hands me a glass of water and two pills. I take the glass, but stare stupidly at the pills. He rolls his eyes. “Don’t worry. I’m not trying to drug you. It’s to take away the headache.”

Oh. Maybe I am going crazy. More like stupid. I shake my head and instantly regret it. I grab my head and my body drowsily leans to the side. Seunghyun catches me by the waist. I quickly snatch the pills and pop them in my mouth. I down the water in a few seconds. I let out a satisfying “ahh”.

“Feel better?” Seunghyun asks. He rubs little circles on my waist. I felt my eyes widen. Another soft chill runs up my body.

“I’ll see in a few hours.” I reply nonchalantly.

“Did you have a good night sleep?” He asks, as he doesn’t take his hands off of me.

My thoughts instantly go back to YoungBae. I don’t know if last night was a dream, but it sure felt luxurious. I fell asleep once I “felt” him next to me. And I know I had more than a “good night sleep”. It was freaking fantastic! But the real question is: Where did I have a good night sleep? Now that is where everything blows up in my face.

“Charlotte?” Seunghyun snaps me out of my thoughts. I meet his eyes. “Did you have a good night sleep?” He repeats.

I simply nod and force myself to smile.

“Good.” He smiles gently at me.

“Noona!” I hear someone yell in the living room. It must be Daesung.

“Well, I better go see what Daesung wants.” I say as I try to get down from the counter. Seunghyun gets a firm hold on my waist and helps me down. I say a quiet thank you. And the feeling was back. The warm chill that runs up and down my spine. Before I can think any further about it, my head pounds again; sending away all the warm chills. I tug on my hair. Not because of nervousness this time, no. This time, it’s for the killer headache.

“Well, I better go lay back down and see what he wants.” I bring my hands down and take a hold of Seunghyun’s hands on my waist. I slowly place them on his sides. I start to walk away when he catches my wrist. Just when I turn my head to him, he swiftly kisses my cheek lightly.

“Have a good time with Seungri today.” He gives me a teasing smile.

I roll my eyes. “Ugh, don’t remind me.” I walk out of the kitchen. Daesung was sitting on the sofa next to the pillow. I see him lightly run his fingers over the pillow. I smile as I look at him. “Daesungie!” I run over and tackle him. He ends up lying down on the couch with me on top of him.

He chuckles in my ear. “No matter how light you are. You’re still crushing me.” I giggle and get off of him. I sit next to him as he straightens up. “Shouldn’t you be getting ready?”

I give him a confused look. “For what?”

He pokes my cheek. “To spend the day with our maknae.”

“Already? It starts in the morning?”

“Well, kind of. You still get to eat with us because I think we all like your cooking better. But yes. If it’s Seungri, then you’re likely to leave soon.” Then I hear the water start running in the bathroom. Daesung starts laughing. “That’s him right now.”

“I’m going to spend a whole day with an overactive maknae.” I smile at the sentence. This is going to be an exciting day. “I’m going to get cooking now.” I stand up and walk into the kitchen with Daesung right behind me.

Seunghyun was still in the kitchen. He was chugging down some orange juice.

“Don’t drink too much. You’ll ruin your appetite.” I take away the cup from his hand and drain it down the sink. “What should I make today, boys?” I ask them.

“Don’t cook much today. Just make some ramen and Seungri will be happy.” Seunghyun tells me.

“Well, I don’t know…” I trail off.

“Aye~” Daesung says. “I’ll make today’s breakfast since you made us a delicious breakfast last time.” He then looks at his hyung. “Are you going to help me, hyung?” Seunghyun makes a lame excuse and goes straight to his room. Daesung and I laugh at his response. Daesung pushes me towards the door and says, “You just go rest. Or…” I see him smile at the corner of my eyes. “Or make sure the others are still sleeping.”

I slowly nod my head and he pushes me out the kitchen. I rub my arm. He’s so pushy sometimes. I smile and go to the end of the hall. I silently and slowly open Jiyong’s door a crack. I see a sleeping figure under the cover. I step in his room and tiptoe to his bed. I move some hair from his face and move the cover up to his shoulders. I step back out his room and close my door. I walk down the hall and hesitate on opening YoungBae’s door.

My hand hovers over the doorknob as I think about last night. I remember sliding in his bed, him wrapping his arm around me, dragging me closer to him, and then it went black. Like I said, I instantly fell asleep. But if I remember all that then how did I wake up in the living room?

I gather up all my courage and slowly turn the doorknob. I open the door a crack and peek in. I see him sleeping on his stomach with his arms stretched out on each side of him. I look behind me left and right before going in. I silently close the door and tiptoe over to the left side. I smile at his sleeping face. I kneel down and level my face with his. I dedicate each curve and angle on his face to memory. I stare at his closed eyes.

Before I could move on, something catches my eye. I steadily reach over and trace my fingertip under his eyes. He had dark circles. Did he not sleep well last night? I feel him stir under my fingertips. I freeze. Something clutches YoungBae’s hoodie. I look down in alarm and breath a sigh of relief. It was YoungBae himself. He held on to the sleeve of the hoodie tightly. My eyes snap back to his face. He’s still sleeping. I use my other hand and wave it in his face. Nothing.

I lightly try to tug my hand away. He’s not budging.

“YoungBae…” I whisper. He doesn’t respond. He doesn’t even stir.

I continue on trying to pull away. After a few moments, he lets go and grabs on the hem of the hoodie. This time I see him grabbing on to a bigger amount of the fabric. He then buries his head deeper into the pillow.

“Mmm…” I hear him groan.

“YoungBae.” I whisper a little louder. Instead of a response, he tightens his grip. The door opens a bit. I start to panic.

Then Daesung pokes his head in. I sigh in relief. “Noona?” He says, surprise in his voice.

“Help me.” I whisper. He comes in and closes the door behind him. Once he was kneeling by my side, I look down at YoungBae’s grip and look back at Daesung.

“Is he awake?” Daesung asks. I shake my head. Daesung waves his hand in front of YoungBae’s face. Still nothing. “Should I wake him up?”

“No!” I whisper. I look at YoungBae. “He looks tired. He has dark circles under his eyes. Let him sleep.” But then I look down at his hand. “But can you get me out from his grip?”

Daesung chuckles under his breath. He reaches for YoungBae’s hand. He tries to uncurl his fingers, but YoungBae’s still not budging. Daesung tries again. No response. Daesung stands up. “Aishh!” He says, his voice slightly louder than a whisper.

“Shh!” I tell him. Daesung walks over to the other side of the bed and places his hands on his hips. “What are we going to do?” He asks.

He starts aggressively poking YoungBae on his back. Who knew poking could be done aggressively? Instead of getting the response we wanted, YoungBae pulls me up and pulls me toward him. My head lands right between his shoulder and neck and my body is halfway lying down on the bed. YoungBae tightly wraps his arms around my shoulders.

My eyes widen and I look at Daesung in alarm. “Daesung! Help me!” I whisper/shout. All Daesung does is stare at us in shock. “Daesung!” I say a little louder. YoungBae stirs and buries his face in my hair and neck. Hot flames shoot up and down my body. My neck is mostly the one that’s burning hot. I gasp and in a deep breath. “Daesung!” I squirm in YoungBae’s arms.

Daesung recovers from the shock and starts looking everywhere. “What are you doing? Help me!” I whisper. Ah, my voice is getting hoarse.

“What do I do?” He panics. I look at him in disbelief.

“Do you see me at all?” I almost scream. That was a big mistake. YoungBae turns his body towards Daesung and pulls me along with him. Now I’m really lying down on his bed. I use my knees to prop myself a little up.

Daesung (finally!) helps me and reaches for YoungBae’s arms. He manages to pull one away until YoungBae’s arm comes back around me. Agh! He’s being difficult! Daesung tries to pull both of his arms away again. This time YoungBae unconsciously pushes Daesung’s face away. And Daesung ends up falling on his . I try so hard to suppress my laughter as I sloppily move away from YoungBae. I grab one of his pillows and place it next to him. YoungBae ends up cuddling the pillow. I tiredly sit back on my on the floor.

I peer over the bed and look for Daesung on the other side of the floor. He’s rubbing his cheek. “Who knew hyung could be so strong even in his sleep?” He mutters darkly. He rubs his cheek one last time and tries to stand up. He holds on to the desk chair as he tries to stand up. Suddenly, the chair rolls away from Daesung’s grip and Daesung ends up making a big noise as he falls back on the floor.

I duck back down to the floor as YoungBae abruptly wakes up. My heart starts thumping erratically against my chest.

“Daesung?” I hear YoungBae slur. He must not be fully awake yet.

“Hey, hyung!” Daesung nervously laughs. YoungBae says something in Korean and Daesung replies back nervously. After a moment of silence, Daesung tells him something. I hear YoungBae jump off the bed and shuffle to the bathroom. Once I hear the door shut, I poke my head up. Daesung was already standing.

“Get out of here!” He whisper/shouts. I hop back on my feet and head towards the door. Just when I touch the knob, I hear YoungBae come back out. Shoot.

“Charlotte?” YoungBae asks in surprise.

I turn around and plaster a smile on my face. “Good morning. Have a good sleep?” I ask him. I hear Daesung snort behind him. I keep the smile on my face, but glare at Daesung. He cowers.

“Uh, yes. I did.” YoungBae says after a moment of confusion on his part.

“Really?” I raise my eyebrow. I walk up to him and hesitantly touch his dark circles. “Doesn’t look like it.”

YoungBae holds my wrist and sets it back down to my side. “I’m fine, really. I did have a good night sleep.” I hear Daesung snort again and YoungBae turns back to glare at him. Now I’m the one who’s confused. “It’s nothing.” YoungBae says once he saw my face.

“Okay. Let’s go. Breakfast is ready!” Daesung sings and heads out the door. I continue staring at the door as if Daesung would pop back in. A hand on my lower back grabs my attention back. I look up at YoungBae and he smiles.

“Let’s go eat. Did you cook this time?” He leads me out of his room.

I shake my head. “No. Daesung did this time.”

He nods as we walk into the kitchen for breakfast.