Chapter 33: New Place, New Life...CPOV

Meeting Each Other
Daesung pulls me into his arms, rubbing my back soothingly. “I’m sorry.” He whispers.

“You shouldn’t be. I’m fine now anyway.” I say, my voice barely a whisper.

“I don’t like him.” Daesung mutters once we pull away.

I shake my head and weakly pinch his cheek. “I don’t either.” I guess today is a first for everything since I’m also feeling very weak for the first time in 5 years. “I’m sorry.” I whisper, looking back at the stars.

“For what?”

“Ruining our date with my useless tears.” I murmur. And it’s true. I’m not even supposed to cry over something so stupid. I mean that was the past… I can’t turn back and I certainly don’t regret it, though.

“Actually, I did want to talk to you. But, I guess you took over the conversation before I did.” He quickly kisses my cheek. “Always a step ahead of me.” He smiles.

I finally smile a genuine smile at him. Daesung always seems to cheer me up. I tousle his hair as I wipe away the remaining tears on my cheeks. “Thank you.”

We sit in silence for a while, looking at the stars. After a few moments, Daesung murmurs something. It was too low and quiet for me to hear. His face suddenly brightens up and he claps once, the sound echoing throughout the empty park. He hops off the bench and takes my hand.

“Where are we going, Daesung?” I ask him as we start running.

“I have to show you something.” He happily says.

Then I see the YG building. “Going back so early?” I ask. Daesung slows down to a walk once we get closer to the building. He glances at his watch and shakes his head.

“Noona, it’s not early. It’s already 12:23 a.m.”

“What?” I exclaim. I grab his wrist and look at his watch. Unbelievable. It really is midnight. “We should go back to your dorm. I bet the others are wondering where we are.” I start dragging Daesung into the building and towards the elevator. I press the 4th floor. As if time was going fast, we were out of the elevator in no time. We start walking towards their dorm until Daesung turns right, bringing me along.

“Um, Daesung.” I look behind me and stare at their dorm. “You know you’re going to the wrong way…”

“I know.” He smiles. I stare at him, dumbstruck. Why do I get dumbfounded so easily when it comes to Daesung? This boy has this certain…witty charm. I can’t describe it. Aishh.

We then stop in front of another door. Daesung takes out a set of keys and unlocks the door. He steps inside and turns on the lights. I’m faced with a bare room with boxes and suitcases on the floor. Why do the suitcases look familiar? I ponder on it as Daesung brings me inside. Daesung crouches down and opens one of the suitcases… Oh God!

“Daesung!” I yell. “That’s my stuff!” I frantically look around the rest of the place. “These are all my things!”

Daesung grabs some clothes from my suitcase and tosses them at me. I catch them cleanly, but stare at them stupidly.

“Go take a shower and change. I’ll be waiting here.” Daesung gently pushes me down the hall. I look left and right as if something was going to jump me. At the end of the hall to the right, the bathroom was there, all bare and clean. I look back down the hall and see Daesung standing there, smiling. I give him one last perplexed look before closing the door to the bathroom.

I take my clothes off and jump in the shower. Ah…now this is what I need after a day like this. After a good 45 minutes under warm water, I step out. I put on navy blue pajamas. They seem a little long. I reach down and pull them up to my knees. Now that’s better. Next, I throw on the white cotton t-shirt. Hmm, I think I exaggerated too much about white shirts. This white t-shirt isn’t see-through. Wait a minute… I don’t remember packing these. I look back down at the pants. These clothes aren’t mine. Did those boys buy me more clothes?

I push the thought away and walk back down the hall. This place is pretty big. I mean it’s not as big as the boys’ place, but in my eyes it’s pretty big. Once I get back to the main room, I see Daesung lying down on a couch, staring at the ceiling.

“Whose place is this?” I ask. Daesung jumps and sits up.

He smiles widely. “Yours.”

My eyes widen. “What?” I look back around the place, seeing all of my stuff here. I felt myself grin. This place really is so much better than that hotel room.

“But you can’t sleep here yet.” Daesung says.

“What?” I repeat, feeling stupid again.

“As you can see, nothing is here except for your stuff and this couch.” Daesung pats the sofa. “You’ll still be sleeping with us for a while. But everything will be complete after a few days, I think.”

“Did you guys plan this?” I raise my eyebrows as I take a seat next to him. Aigoo! Even the couch is soft! I suddenly yawn as I move my hand on the sofa, feeling its softness.

“Yes. YG-shi agreed after I told him about that dumpster you were living in.” He smiles. I weakly punch his arm.

“Don’t be so mean. That place wasn’t that bad.” I yawn once more. Ah, why am I suddenly feeling so tired? Without thinking, I lay my head on Daesung’s lap. I feel Daesung’s arm go under my legs and he pulls them up on the couch.

“Go to sleep. You’ve had a long day.” He whispers as he rubs my arm back and forth. With that, my eyelids slowly drop and I’m out cold.
-----------------------------------
He moves his hand down my back and places it right on my waist. He looks into my eyes deeply as if he’s reading my whole life from my eyes. YoungBae slowly smiles while he leans down and—

Thud!

I snap my eyes open and groan. Why am I always falling off? If this keeps up, I’ll really be out cold. I sit up and scratch my head. I give out a sigh. Always falling off the couch. I think I should sleep on the floor from now on. At least I don’t have to go through it again every morning. I look to the side and see Daesung fixing his position on the couch. No wonder I fell off! Daesung took up the whole couch! I shake my head and sigh. He looks tired. We did stay up so late last night.

I stand up and stretch. I look at the clock. 6:45 a.m.! It’s early. I silently go to the bathroom and wash my face. I comb through my hair. Who’s after Daesung? It was Seungri, Jiyong, Daesung, and then…Seunghyun! I’m kind of worried what he’s planning to do today. After what happened that morning…

I shake my head rapidly. No, no. I shouldn’t think about that. I should think about something else…something else…YoungBae. I gently smile then I frown. I haven’t seen him for…two days now. I unconsciously drop the comb from my hand and I stare at the mirror in shock. I haven’t seen YoungBae for two days now. I didn’t get to see him when Jiyong and I came to their dorm and I didn’t see him yesterday since Daesung took me out early. And Daesung and I fell asleep here last night.

Aigoo! I’m surprised I’m not dying yet! Maybe I’ll get to see him today. Yes, I’ll get to see him today. Just seeing him for breakfast is enough to last me while I go on my “date” with Seunghyun, right? My heart squeezing tells me otherwise. I rush out the bathroom, going to wake up Daesung.

Then I stop in my tracks as I see a peaceful expression on Daesung. I slowly start walking towards him. I kneel down and eye his face. He does look tired; I did keep him up so late at night. I let out a silent sigh.

I stand up and get a hold on Daesung’s head. I lift his head up slowly and I sit down on the couch. I gently place his head back on my lap and just stare out the window, watching the sunrise and light the whole room.

I shouldn’t wake Daesung, even if it is killing me knowing I’m wasting every second without YoungBae.