Chapter 45: Scrambled Thoughts...CPOV

Meeting Each Other

 

Where am I?

I wasn’t even paying attention at all. I was just walking. Then I see the mall and I sigh. I bring my hands up to my hair and pull on it. Aishh! I feel so stupid… so useless. I can’t believe I’m this far already. I should go back before night falls. Who knows what might be lurking at night?

I start running. I was already at the park when I stop. Where am I supposed to go, really? The boys persuaded YG to get me a room close to their dorm at the YG building. So, I’m guessing that hotel room is not under my name anymore. But I asked to leave… So, where exactly am I living? I smile bitterly. Living. I feel dead. I look down the road and stare at the YG building. YG-shi really didn’t tell me when I’d be leaving and I don’t know if all my stuff is gone already. I sigh. I guess I’m going to have to find out.

I start jogging towards the YG building, hoping not to run into any of the boys.

----------------------------------

[TPOV]

Is that Charlotte?

I squint my eyes and focus on the figure. I can’t see her face clearly, but that person does have her hair. And those clothes are similar to the ones Seunghyun hyung bought her. I see the girl turn around. I gasp as I look at her shirt. Is that blood? I shake my head. No, that’s can’t be Charlotte. She wasn’t bleeding the last time I saw her… The last time I hurt her. Not unless something happened to her after.

I continue to watch the girl anyway. Okay, so it’s 50/50. This might or might not be Charlotte. The girl looks down the road and stares… at the YG building? I stand up from the ground and squint my eyes more.

After a few minutes, the girl starts sprinting towards the YG building…

Omo! Is this really Charlotte? I start running after her. Now, as I’m closer, I look at her back. She really does have that hair Charlotte does, and well, she does have Charlotte’s body. I mean, come on. I have seen and held Charlotte before. She quickly turns her head around. I swiftly hide behind a tree and wait until she’s a bit farther. She goes in the YG building. I run after her.

Once I get to the front desk, I ask the receptionist, “Have you seen a girl go through here?”

The receptionist looks behind her for a few seconds and turn back to me, not meeting my eyes. “No, I haven’t. I’ve only seen Daesung come back in after a while.”

I raise my eyebrows. “Daesung? You mean he did something here?”

“He was asking if I saw a girl go through here. Like what you asked. I told him I didn’t see anybody. He then tells me to get your van.” She replies, looking down at her desk. So, Daesung was looking for Charlotte. That means Daesung doesn’t know where Charlotte is either.

“And what did you tell him?”

She shakes her head. “I told him that I saw your driver with a girl in the passenger seat. I think he was going to take her to the hospital. She looked hurt; she was bleeding a lot. I—“

I start running up the stairs, elevators are for patient people. I’m not patient lately. I was about to go another set of stairs when I see broken glass pieces on the floor. I stare at it; something about this worries me. I shake my head and continue to go up. I barge into our dorm. Jiyong, Seungri, and Seunghyun hyung were in the living room. They stare at me, but I focus on Jiyong.

“Have you seen Daesung?” I ask, a little breathless.

Jiyong shakes his head. “He—“

I run back out the dorm before he could finish. I rapidly walk over to the room we got for Charlotte. I turn the doorknob frantically. Aishh! If only Daesung was here, he has the extra key to her place. I knock on the door three times. No answer. I knock it once more. Nothing. I continue knocking on the door countless times, not knowing what else to do.

“YoungBae.” I feel a hand on my shoulder. The person pulls me away from the door. “What’s the matter?” Jiyong, who pulled me away from the door, asks.

I rub my eyes again, hoping my tears aren’t visible. “Have you seen Charlotte?”

“Ani. Why, hyung?” Seungri asks behind Jiyong.

I shake my head. I wave off Jiyong’s hand on my shoulder. I make my way towards our dorm. Seunghyun hyung was standing in the doorway and I stop in my tracks. We stare at each other, silent. Seunghyun hyung reaches up and places his hand on my shoulder.

“I’m sorry, YoungBae.” He whispers. His eyes full of sadness and… is that guilt? I didn’t stay longer to find out.

I take his hand off my shoulder. “Yeah? Well, I’m surprised.” I snap. He moves out of the way as I walk through him and go straight to my room. I plop down on my bed, lying on my stomach. I bury my face in my pillow. I instinctively inhale. A small crash of disappointment hits me, as I don’t smell her scent anymore.

“No. I need to talk to him.” I hear Seunghyun hyung say.

“Hyung, I don’t think—“

“I won’t do anything and neither will YoungBae. I just want to talk to him.” He interrupts. After a few minutes of silence, I hear a knock on my door.

“Leave me alone.” I say quietly into my pillow. I don’t think I want to talk to hyung right now. But then again, I need to apologize for hitting him and such. He’s just making it so hard. YG’s words are still repeating in my head and whenever I see Seunghyun hyung, I think of Charlotte… and how I can’t have her now that hyung does. I hear my door open then close. I stay still.

I hear a few footsteps then I feel some weight at the end of my bed. I then feel a hand on my leg.

“YoungBae,” Seunghyun hyung murmurs.

“What do you want?” I ask; my voice muffled from the pillow.

“I really am sorry.” He whispers.

“Really?” I snap as I sit up, shaking his hand off my leg. I meet his eyes. “Are you just saying that?”

“No,” He replies. “I really mean it.”

I snort. “Yeah, right. Tell me the truth, hyung. You knew my feelings for Charlotte all along, right?” He nods, looking down at his lap. “And how long have you figured it out?” I ask, an edge to my voice.

“Since the day Charlotte made us breakfast. The time when we were fighting with flour in the kitchen.”

“And you still asked YG to be with her?” I ask, sounding slightly hysterical.

He snaps his head up and meets my eyes, pure shock in his eyes. What is that supposed to mean? Is he playing with me? The surprise in his eyes fade away and hyung frowns. He nods. I clench my hands into fists, restraining myself.

“You took her away.” I whisper as I look down, my eyes watering. I let out a shaky breath. “You have her heart…” I lower my voice.

I see hyung shake his head rapidly. “No,” He says, his voice low. “I don’t hold her heart.”

----------------------------------

[SPOV]

“E-excuse me?” YoungBae asks, his voice full of surprise.

I sigh. “Did you actually think I could call her mine already?”

“I….” He trails off.

“YoungBae,” I hesitate. I stare at him. He looks so…sad. With him looking down and his shoulders slumped. I sigh once more, feeling my heart hurt. I did all this for YoungBae in the first place. I just got myself carried away… I blink my eyes rapidly and look up at the ceiling. For YoungBae, I thought. A lump forms in my throat. I quickly clear my throat and look back at YoungBae. I see him looking at me under his eyelashes. He quickly looks back down. “Trust me. I don’t think I ever got a hold of her heart.” I whisper, my eyes stinging from my own words.

“But, you asked YG-shi to be with her…” He croaks. I hear his voice break. “And he gave you his approval so—“

“YoungBae.” I cut him off. “Have you really thought about this? And I mean really thought about it? Just because I…” I cough. “I asked YG to be with her doesn’t really mean anything.” A tear escapes and rolls down my cheek. Yeah, I thought bitterly, it doesn’t mean anything. Just being next to her side means my whole being. Am I really that good of a liar? I swiftly wipe away the drop and continue, “Sure, you’ve heard YG’s side and you’ve heard my side, but have you ever thought about Charlotte’s side?”

YoungBae snaps his head up, tears sliding down his cheeks. A sharp stab hits my heart as I take him in. Does this really affect him that much? I didn’t know how much pain this would cause all of us.

“Think about it.” I say as I rise up from his bed.

I walk out the door without another glance. 

--------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for not updating yesterday! My birthday was yesterday [9/4] and I went out with my family and friends. I don't think this chapter really isn't much, but it fits. Still would you guys forgive me? 

Anyway, sorry again! :)