Chapter 53: Stopping Time...CPOV

Meeting Each Other

 

“Taeyang!”

I snap my head towards the squeal. I stumble back as I take him in. He’s there. He’s right there. Just a few strides away. I suppress the urge to jump on his back and attack him right then and there.

“May I go in?” He asks in that silky voice of his. I shudder. I haven’t heard his voice in so long.

“I’m sorry, but you can’t. The plane is already taking off. See?” The lady says as she points towards the window. That’s when he turns, making me see his profile. Seeing his trademark Mohawk go down his head makes my throat clog up. Then I see his lips formed into a frown, making me go wild.

His lips part as if he’s saying something. Then I hear a soft cry escape his mouth. This is when he starts fading in and out because tears are already fogging up my sight.

“Ah…” I whimper as I feel a sharp stab pierce through my heart. I ball my hands into fists, and try to squeeze. But, I can’t. My arms and hands have gone limp. And my ankles start to twist, as if my legs can’t take it anymore. All the noises fade away as I only start to hear my heartbeat. Despite my sight being blurry, my eyes are still fixated on his hazy figure.

“Hyung!” I hear a familiar voice shout.

I don’t ponder on it because at the same time I snap, the feeling of a tornado whirling through a whole town. I run, shortening the gap between him and me. I jump and circle my arms around his neck, feeling time slowing down.

Flames sweep through my whole body, white hot. I feel him freeze. I squeeze my eyes shut, praying that he won’t push me away. I tighten my arms around his neck, feeling another flare shoot up my arms and go up my head. Then I feel his arms roughly wrap around my waist.

Time slows down even more. I feel his hands claw my back. I bury my head on his shoulder, feeling nothing else but him and this heat. Hell, summer could never beat this flame I’m feeling. I feel his hot breath hit my right shoulder then he inhales.

“Charlotte…” He says under his breath. I shudder and bring one of my hands up, running my fingers through his hair.

Then time stops completely.

I feel his lips kiss my shoulder and my whole arm tingles. I squeeze my eyes tighter, hoping this isn’t a dream. He does a trail of kisses from my shoulder up to my cheek. In the corner of my mind, I’m glad he didn’t see the other side my jaw. But I loose my mind completely when we lock eyes.

And he crushes his lips down on mine.

---------------------------------

[TPOV]

One thing is for sure: my senses are back. And they’re better than ever. It feels like I’m getting electrocuted, and I’m enjoying it.

I have her. She’s right here. I’m bursting knowing that she’s right here, moving her lips with mine. I tighten my arms around her waist and kiss her harder, feeling another shot of electricity shoot up. Ah…

Then I feel something drop on my cheek. I open my eyes and pull away a little. Charlotte opens her eyes and looks at me, her eyes glowing but full of tears. I kiss away all her tears and lean my forehead against hers. Just as I was about to say something, she brings her other hand and places it behind my neck. She easily pulls me in and kisses me once more. I quickly forget what I was going to say and kiss her back.  A soft groan escapes my lips.

I pause momentarily. Crap. That wasn’t supposed to come out. I feel her smile against my lips. She kisses me once more, a quick peck. She did not just tease me… I capture before she moves away.

“Save some for us, noona!”

We quickly pull away, our lips making an embarrassing smack sound. We don’t pull away completely, though. Charlotte turns her head while I look over her shoulder. Charlotte lets go of me and I can’t help but let out a soft whimper. She chuckles and gives me another quick kiss. She pulls away from me completely before I can hold her down. With tears filling her eyes again, she runs over to the others. She runs in Daesung’s open arms first.

“Ah, noona. I’m glad you’re still here.” Daesung says, his vibrant smile coming back. He then laughs at something Charlotte said. At the corner of my eyes, I see Seunghyun hyung staring at me. I slide my eyes over to him. He quickly smiles, but why do I see red around his eyes? Maybe he’s happy…?

“Daesung-ah! My turn.” Jiyong pushes Daesung away from Charlotte and envelops her in a hug. “Thank you for staying.” He smiles widely. He whispers something in her ear, making her laugh.

“Same here, Jiyongie.” She says.

“Hyung! Stop hogging her!” Seungri whines. Charlotte jumps into Seungri’s arms, getting Seungri to smile a goofy smile. She pulls away and ruffles his hair.

I get cautious when Charlotte steps in front of Seunghyun hyung. I walk and stand next to Jiyong when Charlotte hugs him. Daesung finally flashes his smile at me. I smile back just as bright. It’s been a while since I’ve smiled. It’s been a while since Daesung smiled. I’m happy he’s better.

I see Seunghyun hyung lean down and whisper something in Charlotte’s ear. Charlotte nods against his chest. She replies back to him with a small smile. They start to pull away.

“Wait until YG-shi hears about this!” Seungri exclaims. We all freeze and look at the maknae.

“He shouldn’t hear about this, Seungri-ah.” Daesung says. He suddenly smiles. “He should see her for himself!” Seungri and Daesung exchange a high five as Jiyong rolls his eyes. “Come on! We should go now. I bet he’s waiting for an outcome.”

--------------------------------

“Are you sure about this, boys?” Charlotte asks, looking between the door and us. Seungri laughs, making all of us smile. We haven’t seen the maknae laugh a long time. 

“We’re sure, noona.” Seungri says. “Plus, we haven’t done something like this for a long time.”

“Yeah, the last time we did something like this got us all paranoid about everything.” Seunghyun hyung rolls his eyes. Charlotte gives us a confused look as we share a laugh, remembering that time. Ah, I remember that time. We wouldn’t leave the safety of our dorm because of all that paranoia… I mentally shake my head. YG-shi got us good last time.

Jiyong, Daesung, Seungri, and Seunghyun hyung go inside YG’s office.

“Boys!” I hear YG exclaim. “So, what happened?” I have a feeling YG-shi must have been waiting for our arrival a long time ago. I feel someone squeeze my hand. I turn my head and smile widely. I lean down and kiss her lips. I can’t get enough…

“You’ve been quiet.” I say, placing my forehead on Charlotte’s.

She smiles brightly at me, making me melt. “Too speechless.”

“Mmm…” I murmur as I take another peck on . She kisses back this time. I circle my arms around her small waist, moving her closer to me. Charlotte brings her arms up and wraps it gently around my neck. We break away after a moment, breathing hard.

“I don’t think I’ll ever get enough of that.” She whispers, staring into my eyes.

I softly kiss her forehead. “We have all the time in the world.”

“Let’s use it all up.” She smiles.

She brings her lips back down on mine, making time stop once more.