Chapter 8: Served... CPOV

Meeting Each Other
His face was just inches away from mine. If only we were closer than that. His lips curved into a shy smile, but I wasn’t paying much attention to that. All I could see were his eyes. He moved closer… Closer…

“Noona,” Someone shouted. “Wake up!”

What?

Someone shook me and I instantly opened my eyes. Daesung stared at me with amusement and another one of his smiles.

“Hurry up and get dressed!” He pulls me up from the couch and pushes me to my room. I hear Daesung start singing after he shut the door. I pull my arms up over my head and stretch. I heard a few cracks every now and then. Note to self: never sleep on that kind of couch ever again. I sighed. All I want to do right now is climb back in bed, but I see my suitcase open with an outfit carefully laid out next to it. I smile. Daesung’s doing, I bet.

I change into my most favorite black skinny jeans and a plain purple cotton V-neck shirt. Now these clothes remind me of home. Though, I think I kind of like it here with some new nice people.

Someone knocks on my door with a steady beat. “Are you done? We have to meet the other members.” Daesung says.

“I’m ready.” I reply. I open my door and see Daesung smiling and looking at me up and down. I pick at the bottom of my shirt. I usually get self-conscious when someone looks at me like that.

Daesung chuckles and grabs my hand. He pulls me out of the hotel room. He starts running down the hall, which forces me to run along with him since he hasn’t let go of my hand. Instead of the elevator, he runs and pulls me down the stairs. His shoes slapping against the pavement made me realized that I still wasn’t wearing any shoes…. Just perfect.

“Daesung,” I say. Apparently, he didn’t hear me because he kept running and grinning like a little boy.

“Daesung!” I shout this time. He stops running and looks at me. “You know,” I shyly look down at my feet. “I’m not wearing any shoes.”

“Oh!” I looked at him. “Here.” He smiled as he holds out what he was holding in his other hand. It was a pair of white sneakers. Why hadn’t I noticed he was holding them all along?

I took them shyly and put them on. After I was done, he links arms starts skipping towards his dorm.

“Why are you so happy?” I ask as I take in his smiling face.

“I’m always happy.” He simply says.

I shrug and let it slide. He always does seem to have a smile on his face. Not unless he’s serious like last night when we talked about YoungBae. Sigh. As much as I like Daesung, why did he have to ruin such a beautiful dream?

Daesung and I didn’t talk much on the way to his dorm. After all, we did run most of the way. When we got to his dorm, all the lights were still turned off and the rooms were silent. Daesung put a finger to his lips, meaning that I shouldn’t say anything. Daesung quietly the living room and kitchen lights. I stood awkwardly in the middle of the living room watching him.

I heard noise coming from the kitchen and I looked down the hallway to make sure nobody woke up. Daesung came back from the kitchen with two cups of coffee in hand. He motioned for me to sit down and gave me the cup.

I looked out the window for a while then I asked, “Why did you bring me here again?”

Daesung takes a sip from his coffee and says, “Before you meet the president of our company, you should spend a day with all of us first. You know, get to know us good enough.”

I smile. “I like that idea.” I look around the room and ask, “When do you guys wake up?”

“We don’t wake up for another hour.” He replies. I glance at the clock. 7:00 am! Hmm, I never even knew I could be up and ready by this time. I wonder what I can do for these guys. They’ve been nothing but nice to me and since we’re all going to spend the day together, I wonder if there’s going to be any awkwardness. Any tension, maybe? I wonder what these boys do on a normal day. Where do they go? What do they do? What do they eat? Just then, an idea came into mind.

“What do you guys eat for breakfast?” I suddenly ask after a long moment of silence.

Daesung seemed to be startled from my outburst. “None of us can cook very well so we just make eggs or cook ramen or something.” He shrugs. He finishes his coffee and looks at me. “Why?”

A smile was my only response to him. I finish my cup and take Daesung’s. I stand up and walk to the kitchen. I put the cups into the sink and searched around the cupboards. I pull out a frying pan and take some ingredients from the fridge. I start making the batter when Daesung strolls in. He leans on the counter next to me and watches my movements.

I pause. “Is this okay?” I look up at Daesung.

Daesung looks at all the stuff I put out and smiles. He nods. “Do you need help?”

“No way. I’m doing this for you guys. You included.” I smile. “You go back and keep the others from coming in here when they wake up.”

Daesung nods happily and quickly kisses my cheek. Then he skips out of the kitchen after a bright “Okay!”

I laugh and look at the clock: 7:11 am. Okay, time to get to work. I make my movements as quietly as possible. I don’t want to wake up the others so early. I stir the batter for a few more seconds then pour some into the pan. I work quietly for 7 more minutes then move on to the next part. I fry some of the strips then place it on a plate, surprisingly that only took 10 minutes. I set the table neatly and slowly to give me something more to do. I go back to the cupboards and try to find the cups.

Once I found them, I place them silently on the table. I get the carton of milk and orange juice and set them on the table. I glance at the clock. It’s already 5 minutes past eight. Perfect, that means the others will be waking up now. I hear a door open and close in the hallway. I hear a shuffle of feet when someone starts talking in Korean. I smile a little. This sounds like Seungri.

I prove myself correct when I hear Daesung sing his name. They start talking about something until Daesung exclaims something. I take a peek and see Daesung blocking the doorway to the kitchen. I smile and chuckle under my breath. Just then another door opens and I see Jiyong come out. He stretches and says something. He messes up Seungri’s hair while he heads toward the door I’m peeking through.

“Ani!” Daesung says while blocking Jiyong’s way. I now know that “ani” means “no”. Seems like I am learning after all.

Jiyong says something in what seems like a question. Daesung replies with chuckle. It was then when two more people come out. Seunghyun and YoungBae come out. I gasp at the sight of YoungBae. My eyes widen as I take in his appearance. He’s still as handsome even in the morning. He was wearing some jogging pants and a sweatshirt with his hood up. I committed this look to memory. Jeez, I sound like a stalker.

Seungri says something. I glance at him; he looked suspicious. Did he hear my gasp? Daesung replies something and does a gasp himself. I silently giggle at him. Seungri and Jiyong start talking to YoungBae and Seunghyun. Once their backs’ were turned Daesung looked at me. I gave him a thumb up and went back into the kitchen.

I look back at the table and realize that I forgot some things. I go back to the fridge and take out the bottle and the other container. I place the bottle next to the milk and orange juice and walk back to the counter. I open the container and place the fruit one by one in a bowl. Just as I was about to set the bowl down on the table, Daesung opens the door for him and the others.