Chapter 5: Running...CPOV

Meeting Each Other
I sighed as I mentally kicked myself. Why did I walk away? Why didn’t I return a smile? This is so frustrating. Why did he have to be famous? Why did he have to be so handsome?

I kicked a rock and watched it go down the water. After I walked away from the most gorgeous man, I sprinted and ended up at a lake. It was really beautiful here. The lake was surrounded by a clean and bright meadow. The flowers were all perfectly bloomed, and the grass was a bold, healthy green. I sat down at the edge of the lake, took off my shoes, and dunked my feet into the water. I shivered a little because of the cold water, but after sitting there in silence the water heated up from the sun. It was really warm now. The sun shined its’ brightest and set the whole meadow aglow. I sighed.

The only thing would make this more perfect is if that man—I mean Taeyang—was with me. Stop it! I growled in frustration. I need to stop thinking about him. He’s famous. I would never get a chance with him. Not only because he’s famous, but because I could never compare to him. I shake my head and lie down on the soft grass. I looked up at the sky and searched for answers. I knew looking at the sky could never really give me answers, but just seeing it makes me peaceful. It gives me enough peace to think and calm my thoughts.

The sky here in Korea was amazing. Even if they do have so many lights, you could still see the stars shine bright and when it was day, like right now, it was so clear with a few puff of clouds. I closed my eyes and breathed in the clean warm air. I stayed like that for about maybe two hours. I fell in and out of sleep. I couldn’t have slept long because my dreams would start showing me those smiling eyes and that sweet, shy smile.

I realized that the sun was starting to set. The sky showed brilliant shades of pink, orange, purple, yellow, and red. I wish time would stay still, right here, right now. Soft whispering brought me back. I sat up straight and looked around me. I wiggled my toes to make sure they didn’t fall asleep. More whispering came, it sound like bickering. Quiet rustlings in the bushes caught my attention. My eyes zeroed in the bushes.

“Who’s there?” I said.

Someone stepped out and I realized soon that it was that maknae I saw. Seungri was his name. He gave me another cheeky smile and bowed. He said hello in Korean. I repeated his words and slightly bowed. I smiled a little and patted the grass, signaling that he could sit next to me.

His smile widened as he sat down next to me. He looked down at the lake and saw my feet underwater. I slightly blushed and distracted him.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him.

He looked back up at me and grinned. “Searching.” He simply said.

“Oh yeah. You’re searching for a girl to be in your next music video.” I stared at the lake.

At the corner of my eye, I saw him nod and continue to stare at me with a sparkle in his eyes.

I glanced back to the bushes where Seungri came out. I met Seungri’s gaze and asked him, “Who’s your friends?”

He looked at me confused for a second until he made an “ah!” sound. He stood up and walked back to the bushes. He peered above the bushes, but he then ended up falling in. I gasped and started to get up when I saw Seungri pop his head up and smile another cheeky smile. I smiled in return as he went back down in the bushes. These boys are very strange. But I guess that’s what makes them interesting.

I heard more whispering except it was a tad louder. Seungri walked back out, towing along another man. One look of his clothes and I recognized him to be G-Dragon. Seungri pushed G-Dragon towards me and went back to the bushes.

G-Dragon glared playfully at Seungri and went back to smiling at me. He extended his hand out and said, “I’m G-Dragon. But my real name is Kwon Jiyong.”

I grasped his hand and said, “I’m Charlotte.” I smiled. His eyes widened and I was starting to wonder if there was something wrong with my smile. “If you’re searching, why are you guys here? This place is a little off from the city.” I said.

Jiyong smirked and nervously rubbed the back of his neck. He sat down where Seungri sat and explained, “Well, we were when Seungri started talking about this b-beautiful girl he met last night. Figures out to be you.”

I blushed and looked down. I realize that it’s all ready dark. “So what does have to do with you guys being here?” I asked.

“Well, while Seungri was talking, we got more excited. We got tired of searching and just walked around. We found you sleeping here. Seungri started shouting that this was the girl he was talking about.”

“Okay…?” I said, waiting for him to continue.

He sighed nervously. “W-would you like to be in our music video?”

Seungri and another guy stepped out of the bushes when Jiyong asked the question. My eyes widened at the question. I was shocked in place. I couldn’t even move. I just stared back and forth between the guys. Seungri exclaimed in Korean. And Jiyong snapped back at him while keeping his eyes on me. In fact, all three of them had their eyes on me.

Did they just ask me to be in their music video? These people? These famous singers just asked me personally if I wanted to be in their music video? Whoa. That’s something you don’t experience everyday. Then again, I did go here to experience something new. Hmm, why not?

The man that came here last, had the smoldering eyes. This must be TOP. That’s still an odd name, even if it is a band name. Though, I’m not to judge. TOP asked something to Jiyong. Jiyong shrugged and smiled a little at me. TOP walked hesitantly towards me and dropped to his knees. Seungri did the same except he walked confidently and he plopped down on the other side of me.

“You okay?” TOP asked. He hesitantly placed his hand on my shoulder.

I saw Jiyong and Seungri scowl out of the corner of my eyes, and I started laughing a little. I couldn’t help it. They looked adorable. All three of them looked at me, startled. After I lowed my laugh to giggles, I saw all three of them smile and relax. At least, all the tension was gone. I soon realized that they’re waiting for an answer, too.

“I’m fine.” I smiled at them. I saw TOP’s eyes widen and look at Jiyong and Seungri. The two grinned at him and nodded eagerly.

“So, can you?” Seungri asked. I could hear an accent, which made him sound really cute.

I thought about it. I did go here to find something new. Maybe this is an opening. Plus, this opening is involving show biz and stuff like that. I’ve always wanted to try it. But, do I know exactly what I’m going to be agreeing to? Can I trust these people? Well, these boys seem very nice. And they haven’t done anything rude since I met them. Though, I do have some second thoughts about this.

I opened my mouth and said my answer.