Home Sweet Home

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Here we go, we’re finally home.” Sunggyu smiled. He looked down at his three month old son, who was sleeping soundly in his car seat. “Jooyeon-ah,” Sunggyu turned back to look at his wife, who stepped off the elevator rolling her suitcase behind her. “Do you need any help?”

Jooyeon looked up at her husband, “No it’s okay.”

Sunggyu glanced at her again with concern all over his face, “Are you sure? I don’t mind helping?”

Jooyeon gave her husband a small grateful smile, “It’s okay. Just open the door and go inside. I’m sure Taenam’s tired.”

Sunggyu looked down at his son. He softened and looked up at Jooyeon, who nodded towards the door. Sunggyu fished out his keys and opened the door. He stepped inside, carrying the car seat along.

Jooyeon rolled behind pulling in the suitcase.

“Here you go, little guy.” Sunggyu set the car seat on the ground.

Jooyeon rolled the suitcase into the master bedroom.

Sunggyu straightened up and looked over at the hallway where Jooyeon went. He glanced down at his son before heading towards the master bedroom. When he reached the bedroom, he saw Jooyeon with the open suitcase on the bed.

“Jooyeon-ah,” Sunggyu called softly.

Jooyeon stopped what she was doing and turned around,” Oh Sunggyu.”

He smiled and walked towards her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and brought her close to him, “Are you glad to finally come home from staying in the hospital for three months?”

Jooyeon smiled feeling safe and secured in her husband’s arms, “I am. I’m glad that Taenam is finally able to come home with us.”

Sunggyu nodded and kissed her forehead, “I am too. How about we go get Taenam out of his car seat? I’m sure he isn’t really comfortable sleeping there.”

Jooyeon nodded in agreement.

The two of them made their way out of the bedroom and went back into the living room where their son was still soundly sleeping in his car seat.

Jooyeon sat down on the couch while Sunggyu unbuckled Taenam from his car seat. He gently lifted their son into his arms and straightened up. Sunggyu sat down next to Jooyeon, who was smiling.

“He’s adorable.” Jooyeon their son’s cheek with the side of her forefinger.

Sunggyu smiled, “He definitely is.”

“He looks like you, Sunggyu.” Jooyeon glanced up at her husband.

That caused the latter to chuckle, “A little but I think he looks more like you than me.”

Jooyeon rested her head on Sunggyu’s shoulder, “I don’t think so. Taenam looks like you more. He has your cheeks and lips.”

“And he has your nose and eyes.” Sunggyu stated.

Jooyeon nodded in agreement, “That’s true. Shouldn’t you be glad that he doesn’t have your small eyes?”

Sunggyu arched a brow and looked down at his wife, “What is that supposed to mean?”

Jooyeon shook her head that was still on his shoulder, “Nothing.”

“Doesn’t seem like nothing to me.” Sunggyu pointed out.

“It’s really nothing. I’m just glad that Taenam’s strong and healthy now.” Jooyeon said softly.

Sunggyu still didn’t believe his wife, but decided against asking anymore questions.

------

“Are you hungry?” Sunggyu asked.

Jooyeon shook her head, “No it’s okay.”

“Are you sure? You need to eat so that you have energy to take care of Taenam.” Sunggyu reasoned.

Jooyeon heaved a sigh in defeat, “Fine but you’re cooking.”

Sunggyu chuckled and nodded, “Of course.” He started to pull out ingredients while Jooyeon watched him.

As she watched him, her heart grew heavy thinking about the contract for their marriage, Sunggyu, and their son. It hurt her to know that their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter