Worried

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jooyeon placed back and forth in front of the emergency room. Her minor injuries were already treated and now she was just waiting on her husband, who was still in the E.R.

Her heart was in pain not knowing how Sunggyu’s condition was. She was anxious to know how her husband was doing.

Jooyeon had learned that the car accident happened because one of the wheels in the back popped causing Sunggyu to lose control of the car.

She tried not thinking about the accident, but it just wouldn’t leave her mind. Especially when she remembered the blood running down Sunggyu’s face.

Now that was definitely going to leave a mark in her memory.

Jooyeon looked up at the double doors and clasped her hands together, bringing them up to her lip. She closed her eyes and prayed for Sunggyu to be perfectly well.

“Jooyeon-ah.” A familiar voice called.

The said latter opened her eyes and spun around to see three figures making their way towards her.

“Mother. Omonim. Abeonim.” She breathed.

Mrs. Lee stopped in front of her daughter, grasping her shoulders, “Are you okay?”

A small smile played on Jooyeon’s lip, “I’m fine mother. Just a few minor injuries. There’s nothing to worry about me. I’m just…worried about Sunggyu.”

“How’s Sunggyu doing, Jooyeon-ah?” Mrs. Kim asked.

The younger woman shifted her gaze from her mother to her mother-in-law. “I don’t know omonim. They haven’t come out yet.”

“What happened? How did you guys get into a car accident? Was anyone else hurt?” Mr. Kim bombarded. Jooyeon turned to her father-in-law and shook her head, “No, no one else was hurt. I’m glad. One of the back wheels of the car popped causing Sunggyu to lose control of the car.” “Luckily no one else was hurt. The car damage must be bad, isn’t it?”

Jooyeon nodded.

Before any of the three adults could say anymore, someone stepped out of the double doors.

The four of them rushed over to the doctor, who was no other than their personal doctor.

“Dr. Jo, how is my son?” Mrs. Kim asked.

Dr. Jo took a deep breath, “Your son is now fine, Mr. and Mrs. Kim. You two don’t have to worry about anything. Luckily there wasn’t any deep cuts that he had, but he did get stitches and a broken ribs. Those should heal in no time though.”

The four of them heaved a sigh in relief knowing that Sunggyu was now safe.

Dr. Jo turned to Jooyeon, who was smiling at her mother glad that Sunggyu wasn’t in any dangerous situation.

“Jooyeon,” He called. Jooyeon shifted her attention to the doctor. “Did you get your injuries treated already?”

She smiled softly and nodded.

Dr. Jo smiled and nodded, “That’s a relief. If you guys want to see Sunggyu, he should be his room at the moment. If there’s any questions or concern about Sunggyu’s condition, just contact me and I’ll help.”

The four nodded.

“Well, I’ll be going then. I wish Sunggyu a fast recovery.” Dr. Jo bowed.

“Thank you, Dr. Jo.” Mr. Kim nodded.

The three females bowed as well.

Dr. Jo bowed once more and left.

“Jooyeon-ah, let’s go see Sunggyu, oh?” Mrs. Lee looked at her daughter, who smiled softly and nodded.

Mrs. Lee smiled and curled a strand of Jooyeon’s hair behind her ear.

Mrs. Kim turned to her husband, who nodded.

“Let’s go see our son.” He stated.

-----

“Aigoo. Sunggyu-ah.” Mrs. Kim her son’s hair.

“Yeobo, why don’t we go home? It’s already nine.” Mr. Kim insisted. Mrs. Kim turned to look at her husband then back down at her son, who was sleeping peacefully.

Mrs. Kim turned to Jooyeon, who was sitting on the couch with her mother next to her, comforting her.

“Jooyeon-ah,” Mrs. Kim called.

Upon hearing her name, Jooyeon looked up at her mother-in-law. “Oh, omonim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter