Lee Joowon

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Noona!” A voice called.

Twelve year old Jooyeon turned her head and saw her younger brother running towards her.

A smile spread across her lip as she waited for her brother to catch up to her.

“Ay, noona, why would you just leave like that? I wanted to go to the mall too.” Eight year old Joowon beamed.

Jooyeon laughed and patted his head, “Sorry. I completely forgot about you.” Joowon made a face, “Thanks for your love, noona.” “Aigoo. I’m just kidding. Now let’s go. I have something I want to buy dad.”

Joowon’s eyes lit up, “Really?” Jooyeon nodded, “Mm-hmm. It’s almost his birthday and I have something in mind.” “Oh! Then can you help me find something for dad too? I don’t know what I want to give him yet.”

Jooyeon nodded, “Of course. Now let’s go. Drive Gong is waiting.” Joowon nodded and grabbed his sister’s hand, pulling her towards the car that was waiting for the two of them.

Driver Gong smiled at the two children and opened the door for them.

The two siblings climbed into the car, sitting next to each other.

Driver Gong got into the car and turned his head to look at the Lee siblings. “Where would you two like to go?” He asked.

“To any mall, ahjusshi. We need to buy something for our dad. It’s almost his birthday.” Jooyeon beamed.

The older man chuckled, turning back, “That’s right. It’s almost Mr. Lee’s birthday, isn’t it?”

“Ahjusshi, are you going to get our dad something?” Joowon asked innocently. Driver Gong chuckled as he started the engine, “No, I don’t think I am. I think having present from the two of you is enough for your father. Now put on your seatbelts and we’ll go.”

Jooyeon and Joowon clipped on their seatbelts. “We’re ready, ahjusshi.” They chorused.

Driver Gong looked in the rearview mirror and saw that they both had on their seatbelts. “Alright, ready to go?” “Yes!” The siblings chorused.

-----

“A watch? You’re buying dad a watch?” Joowon questioned.

Jooyeon nodded, “Oh. Don’t you think it’s a good present?” Joowon pursed his lips and shrugged, “I don’t know. I don’t really like wearing watches.” “It’s because you’re not old enough, Joowon-ah.” “I still don’t like it, noona. Now, help me with my present. I don’t know what to buy dad.”

“Well, what do you think dad would like, hmm?” Jooyeon questioned. Joowon shrugged, “I don’t know. Clothes?” “Dad already has plenty of those.” “Shoes then?” “Nope. He has too many of those.” “I give up. Dad has everything already.”

Joowon walked over to a bench and sulked. Jooyeon let out a soft laugh before going over to her younger brother.

She wrapped an arm around his shoulders, “You just haven’t thought hard enough, Joowon-ah.” Jooyeon looked up at their driver, “Ahjusshi, what do you think our dad would like? He has too many clothes and shoes, so what would he like?”

Driver Gong thought about it. “Um, how about a book? Your father likes to read.”

Joowon’s eyes lit up as he jumped to his feet making Jooyeon lose balance.

“Whoa.” Jooyeon flapped her arms around to get back her balance.

When she finally got it back, she looked up to see that her brother was already gone as well as their driver.

“Aish. Why is he always so hyper?” Jooyeon shook her head and started walking around to see if she could find her brother.

-----

“Where is Barnes & Noble?” Joowon looked around him.

“Young master, I think we should slow down. Your sister isn’t with you.” Driver Gong informed.

That made Joowon stop. He spun around and saw that what the older man had said was true.

He frowned, “Where’s noona? She was just behind us, wasn’t she?” Driver Gong shook his head, “Young master, you ran off without your sister.”

Joowon’s eyes widened, “What?! I did?!”

Driver Gong nodded.

“That’s not good. We need to go back. Noona is going to start worrying.” Joowon started to walk back to where they just were resting.

While walking back, a store caught Joowon’s attention.

“Ahjusshi, let’s go in there. I want to see what kind of new games they have.” Joowon pointed to the Gamestop store.

Driver Gong opened his mouth to say something, but Joowon had already ran to the store. The older male frowned and glanced around in hope of finding Jooyeon but got nothing. Having no choice, the older male followed the younger male into the game store.

-----

“Where are they?” Jooyeon mumbled to herself as she walked down the bookshelves.

She was in Barnes & Noble looking for her brother and driver, but had no luck. She had even asked the workers, but none of them had seen the two.

Jooyeon frowned, “Lee Joowon, where are you?”

She continued to search for her brother and driver in the bookstore but still couldn’t find them.

Giving up, Jooyeon walked out of the bookstore. She looked around her and saw many people walking around. It was just impossible to see her brother through the thick crowd.

“Lee Joowon, where in the world did you go?” She mumbled as she started to walk no knowing where she was going.

-----

“Haha. I can’t wait to go home and play this.” Joowon beamed.

Driver Gong nodded then looked down at his watch. They had been in the game store for forty-five minutes now.

“Young master, I think it’s time for us to get going. We still need to go find Young Miss.” He chimed.

Joowon looked up at the older male, “Ah, that’s right. Noona’s missing. We need to go find her. Let’s go.” He walked out of the game store and started walking in search of his sister.

-----

Jooyeon sighed, sitting down on an empty bench. She ran a hand through her black hair.

It had been an hour and a half since she’s been searching for her brother but had no luck. Why did they chose to go to such a big mall aga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter