Chocolate & Flowers

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Jooyeon-ah, you have to though.” Sungjong whined on the receiver.

“But Sungjong-” “There’s no backing out. You just have to.” Sungjong cut her off.

Jooyeon glanced over at her husband, who was busy reading papers from work.

“Sungjong-ah, I really don’t think I can.” Jooyeon said softly.

“Where’s Sunggyu? Give the phone to Sunggyu.” Sungjong demanded.

“He’s busy.” She replied quickly.

“Kim Jooyeon, if you do not give Sunggyu the phone right now I will hang up and call his phone.” He threatened.

Jooyeon heaved a sigh in defeat, “Fine.”

Sungjong grinned, “Thanks Jooyeon-ah.”

Jooyeon rolled her eyes as she pulled her phone away from her ear and turned to her husband, who was still working. “Sunggyu, can you talk to Sungjong quickly?” She asked.

Sunggyu stopped working and turned to his wife, “Sungjong?”

Jooyeon nodded as she pushed the phone closer to him.

Sunggyu raised his hand and took her phone. He pressed it against his ear, “Hello?”

“Sunggyu!” Sungjong beamed.

“Uh, is there something that you need?” He asked.

“Oh, yes. Since tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, we wanted Jooyeon-ah to come over, is that okay with you?” Sungjong asked.

Sunggyu glanced at his wife, “It’s fine with me but it’s Jooyeon-ah decision whether or not she wants to go.”

Sungjong huffed, “You’re no fun. Can’t you just force Jooyeon-ah to come over?”

Sunggyu laughed, “No I can’t do that. Why don’t you ask her again?”

“But she’s going to give me the same answer.” Sungjong whined.

“I’m sorry Sungjong, but I don’t think I can persuade my wife. She’s pregnant now so she’s really stubborn on what she wants to do.” Sunggyu mused as he glanced at his wife, who gaped at him.

Sungjong heaved a sigh, “Soon-to-be-mothers.”

“Yes, I know. Maybe White Day would be better.” Sunggyu suggested.

“Like she’ll agree to that. Thanks for listening though.” Sungjong huffed.

Sunggyu chuckled, “No problem. Bye.” He hung up and held out his wife’s phone.

Jooyeon took her phone from her husband, “What did Sungjong say?”

“He just wanted me to persuade you to go tomorrow. Why won’t you go?” He asked.

Jooyeon leaned back in the couch, “I’m fine Gyu. I don’t feel like doing anything even when it’s a holiday.”

Sunggyu arched a brow, “Then are you saying you’re not going to do anything for me? It is Valentine’s Day tomorrow and I’m expecting something from you.”

Jooyeon let out a small snort, “Sorry to disappoint you but I’m not planning anything. This pregnancy has made me really lazy. I just want to sleep all the time.”

Sunggyu clicked his tongue, “What did I do to have a pregnant wife like you?”

“Don’t say that. I know that no matter how I act, you’d still love me.” Jooyeon stated.

Sunggyu smiled knowing that what his wife had said was correct. No matter how she acted, he would love her because they were a match made in heaven.

“Yes, yes I would still love you. That’s how much you know I love you, Jooyeon-ah.” Sunggyu leaned over and kissed the side of her head.

Jooyeon turned to her husband, “I’d do the same too, Sunggyu.”

Sunggyu chuckled as he nodded, “You’re right, you would.” He leaned in closer so that the tip of their nose touched each other.

“I love you, Kim Jooyeon.” Sunggyu leaned in closer.

Jooyeon smiled, “And I love you, Kim Sunggyu.”

Sunggyu pressed his lips against her lips.

------

“You’re really not doing anything today?” Sunggyu asked as he peered at his wife.

Jooyeon shook her head as she pulled the blanket closer to her.

“Really Jooyeon-ah?” Sunggyu asked again.

Jooyeon turned her husband, “Does it look like I’m joking right now Sunggyu?”

Sunggyu heaved a sigh, “No.”

“Then there goes your answer.” She turned her head back to the TV.

Sunggyu heaved another sigh as he walked behind his wife, planted a kiss on top of her head, and headed towards the door. “I’m off.” He stated.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter