Distant

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“I’m home.” Sunggyu stepped into the penthouse to only be greeted with darkness and silence.

He looked around the house in search of his wife, who he missed and worried about.

“Jooyeon?” He called out but there was no answer. He took off his jacket and made his way to the master bedroom where he assumed Jooyeon would be if she wasn’t in the living room.

Sunggyu opened the bedroom to see Jooyeon was lying in bed with her back facing him. He softened and stepped into the bedroom, closing the door behind him. He made his way over to the bed and sat at the edge of the bed.

“Jooyeon-ah.” He gently shook his wife.

Jooyeon stirred from her slumber and slowly peeled open her eyes. When her eyes were fully open and her vision cleared, she saw her husband smiling down sweetly at her.

A pang of hurt and guilt hit her as she looked at him. She mustered up the biggest smile she could and slowly sat up with Sunggyu holding onto her arms for support.

“I’m sorry for waking you up.” He apologized softly.

Jooyeon shook her head as she ran a hand through her hair, “It’s okay. I wasn’t that deep in my sleep.”

Sunggyu nodded as he looked over his wife’s face. “How are you feeling?” He asked. Jooyeon shrugged in reply, “Fine I guess.” “Are you hungry?” “Are you going to cook for me?”

Sunggyu cupped his wife’s face, “Yes.”

-----

“Here you go.” Sunggyu set the bowl of bibimbap in front of Jooyeon, who her lips. “You were really craving this, weren’t you?”

Jooyeon looked up at her husband and gave him a smile, “You have no idea.”

Sunggyu chuckled as he picked up her spoon and handed it to her. Jooyeon gladly accepted the spoon and began to mix her bibimbap.

All Sunggyu did was watch his wife. He was full from watching his wife mix the food and take a bite. She hummed in pleasure as she chewed on her food.

“Is it that good?” He asked amused that his wife looked like the happiest woman on earth because she was eating bibimbap.

“It’s delicious or maybe it’s just because I’m pregnant. Yeah, I think it’s because I’m pregnant.” Jooyeon nodded in conclusion.

Sunggyu chuckled, “I would assume so too. I’m not that much of a good cook. Nonetheless, I cut myself multiple times.”

Upon hearing that, Jooyeon’s eyes flickered up at her husband in concern. She set down her spoon in the bowl and quickly grabbed her husband’s hands. She looked at them and saw that there were cuts on his fingers with band aids over them. She looked up at him with guilt in her eyes.

Sunggyu saw the look in her eyes. He pulled his hands away from her grip to only hold her hands in his. “There’s no need to feel guilty. I’m glad to have cooked you something and plus, every time that I look at my fingers and see the cuts I’ll know that I worked hard to cook you dinner.”

Jooyeon softened, “Gyu.”

Sunggyu brought her hands to his lip and kissed both of them on the back of her hand. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter