Home Sweet Home

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Are you sure you want to go home? It won’t hurt staying here a little longer so that Dr. Jo can check up on you.” Jooyeon looked at her husband, who was sitting on the edge of his hospital bed.

Sunggyu smiled as he grabbed his wife’s hand. He gave them a squeeze, “Yes. It’s uncomfortable here at the hospital.”

Jooyeon bite the inside of her bottom lip, “But Sunggyu.”

The said latter circled his arms around her waist and pulled her close, resting his head on her chest listening to her heartbeat.

Jooyeon just stood still not returning the hug.

A small smile appeared on Sunggyu’s lip as he inhaled her scent. “Don’t worry Jooyeon-ah, I’m fine. If anything is wrong, we can call Dr. Jo immediately.”

Jooyeon looked down at her husband as she raised a hand and placed it on the back of his head. She his hair with her thumb. “You have to tell me if you ever feel pain so that I can call Dr. Jo, okay?”

Sunggyu looked up at his wife, resting his chin on her chest. “I promise.”

-----

“Home sweet home.” Sunggyu chuckled as he and his wife stepped into their penthouse.

Jooyeon looked over at her husband, who turned to look at her with a smile. She gave him small smile as she helped him into the living room.

“I like being home better than being in the hospital. It’s a lot more comfortable for me.” Sunggyu said as he sat down on the couch.

Jooyeon straightened up and looked down at her husband, “Do you need anything?”

Sunggyu looked up at his wife and gave her a sincere smile, “No. You should rest, Jooyeon-ah. You look really tired.” Jooyeon shook her head, “I’m fine. I’ll go shower then I’ll make you something to eat.”

All Sunggyu did was nod as Jooyeon walked to their bedroom to get her toilettes.

When the bathroom door clicked close, Sunggyu shut his eyes and leaned back in the couch. He breathed out as he relaxed not wanting to think about anything at the moment.

*If only things were this simple and easy.*

-----

“Sunggyu, lunch is ready.” Jooyeon gently shook her husband awake from his nap.

Sunggyu groaned and slowly opened his eyes. He blinked slowly before his vision was focused onto Jooyeon’s face.

The ends of his lip curved upwards into a smile, “Jooyeon-ah.”

She brushed his bangs out of his eyes with a soft smile on her face, “I made lunch for us.”

Sunggyu nodded as he slowly sat up. He looked around before he held out his hand.

Jooyeon straightened up and looked at him weirdly, “What? You want me to help you up?” “Are you not going to help me get up?” He asked instead of answering.

Having no choice, Jooyeon grabbed her husband’s hand and helped him to his feet.

Sunggyu grinned as he stood on his two feet. When Jooyeon was about to pull her hand away, he tightened his hold on her hand.

Jooyeon’s eyes flickered up with a questioning look.

Sunggyu chuckled and pulled them towards the table where Jooyeon had set up lunch.

Being a gentleman, Sunggyu pulled out her chair for her. Jooyeon just sat down not saying anything while Sunggyu walked over to his spot across from her.

“Eat.” Jooyeon picked up her chopsticks and grabbed some rice.

Sunggyu smiled and picked up his own chopsticks.

The two of them ate in silence. No words were exchanged. They just silently ate together. It was normal for them not to speak when they ate.

When they finished eating, Jooyeon cleared the table while Sunggyu sat at the table watching his wife.

He couldn’t have asked for anyone better than Jooyeon. Really.

As she washed the dishes, Sunggyu just stared at her backside. He could see how tired she looked, how her shoulders were down and looked like she was carrying something heavy on them.

He hated the fact that his wife was carrying so much weight on her shoulders, but he, too, was carrying a lot of weight on his shoulders. They both were carrying a lot of weight and they knew that they hated it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter