Goodbye

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“I didn’t know what you wanted to eat, so I just made something quick.” Jooyeon informed.

Sunggyu nodded and walked over to his wife and child. He sat down across from them on the floor. Seeing the infant’s happy face, Sunggyu smiled.

“Taenam-ah,” He called.

The infant looked over at him and giggled.

The older male chuckled and the top of his head.

Jooyeon watched her husband and son. They were the most precious thing to her. They were everything to her, her whole world.

Sunggyu looked up and met Jooyeon’s eyes. He raised a questioning brow.

Jooyeon gave him a small smile and shook her head.

“Am I really that good looking?” Sunggyu chuckled.

Jooyeon scoffed rolling her eyes but smiled, “As if.”

“Wow. I must be really handsome, huh?” Sunggyu smirked.

“No, you’re not handsome at all, but my Taenam is, isn’t he?” She lightly pinched the infant’s cheek.

“He has my genes so he got it from me.” Sunggyu bragged.

Jooyeon looked at their son then at her husband. She shook her head, “No, you and Taenam look nothing alike. He looks like me.”

Sunggyu looked at his wife then son. He shook his head, “No, you guys don’t look alike. He looks mostly like we. We’re father and son for a reason.”

“And I’m his mother so he looks like me as well.” Jooyeon rebutted.

“Of course. He looks like the two of us.” Sunggyu mused.

Taenam giggled causing his parents to turn their attention to hi. They looked at him with loving eyes. *Our little perfection.*

------

“He’s adorable when he’s sleeping, isn’t he?” Sunggyu asked.

Jooyeon nodded in agreement as she caressed their son’s cheek with the back of her finger.

Sunggyu turned to look at his wife, “Thank you Jooyeon.”

Jooyeon turned to him, “Why are you thanking me again?”

Sunggyu chuckled and turned back to look at their sleeping son.

Jooyeon also turned back to look at their sleeping son. *There’s nothing to thank me for Sunggyu. You know as well as I do what’s going to happen.*

“I know and that’s why I’m thankful, Jooyeon-ah.” Sunggyu replied as if he read her thoughts.

The ends of Jooyeon’s lips curved upwards into a bittersweet smile.

“It’s best to say things now than later when you’re here anymore. They’ll just be empty words that have no meaning.” Sunggyu stated.

Jooyeon pulled up Taenam’s blanket to his chin then his hair, “You’re right.

“Is there really no way of me persuading you to stay with us?” He asked.

Jooyeon smiled softly, “I’ve already made my decision.”

------

Soft, light footsteps were heard in the dark penthouse. Soft rustling was made when things were being moved.

Jooyeon gently set her suitcase next to the front door. She heaved a small sigh as she walked back to Taenam’s room.

She gently opened the door and stepped in. Jooyeon walked over to the crib where the infant was soundly asleep. She gazed down at him as a small smile spread across her lips.

“My precious baby boy. I’m going to miss you so much.” She said softly caressing his chubby cheek with the back of her finger. “Be a good boy for you daddy, okay? Though I won’t be here, I know your daddy’s going to raise you well.”

A tear slipped out of Jooyeon’s eyes and rolled down her cheek. She wiped the tear away and sniffed looking up at the dark ceiling.

Looking back down the infant, Jooyeon choked back a sob. Pulling his blanket to his chin, Jooyeon leaned down and planted a kiss on his forehead. She let her lips linger there savoring the touch of the infant.

Jooyeon pulled back as another tear slipped out of her eye and rolled down her cheek, “Grow up and be a good boy. Watch over your daddy for me while I’m gone, okay?” The ends of her lips curved upwards into a bittersweet smile. “I love you, Taenam-ah.”

Placed another kiss on the infant’s forehead, Jooyeon let a few tears roll down her cheeks. She pulled back and gazed down at him, “Goodbye my baby.”

With a heavy heart, Jooyeon walked out of T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter