Four Weeks Old

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Ah.” Jooyeon winced in pain.

Sunggyu looked up at his wife. He saw her expression contort with pain. He quickly rushed over to his wife, who was by the stove cooking.

“Jooyeon-ah, what’s wrong?” He asked as he stood beside her.

Jooyeon shook her head as the pain in her stomach subsided, “It’s nothing. Just…cramps.” “Are you sure? Do you want to rest for moment? I can cook if you want.” Sunggyu offered as he placed a hand on her forearm.

“Gyu just leave me alone.” Jooyeon shrugged off his hand. “Jooyeon-ah.” He called softly. “I can do it myself!”

Sunggyu took a step back baffled at Jooyeon’s sudden outburst, “Jooyeon.”

Jooyeon heaved a sigh. She looked over at her husband, “I’m sorry. I’m just…a little moody.” Sunggyu softened as he pulled his wife toward him into a hug, “It’s okay. There’s no need for you to apologize. Would you like me to help you cook breakfast?”

A small smile appeared on Jooyeon’s lip as she shook her head, “No, it’s okay. I can do it myself. There isn’t much to do left anyway.” “Alright then.” Sunggyu kissed the tip of her nose and went back to counter waiting for his breakfast.

Jooyeon resumed cooking breakfast. She didn’t know what had gotten into her to snap at Sunggyu like that. She never done that before so it surprised her that she just suddenly did so.

A small sigh escaped her lip as she added black pepper into the soup that she was cooking. Another cramp struck her and she pressed her lips together into a thin line to suppress any noise that she was going to make. She didn’t want to alarm Sunggyu because she did not want to suddenly snap at him again.

When the pain subsided, Jooyeon let out a breath. *Okay, I think it’s going to be that time of the month.*

-----

Jooyeon pinched her brows together.

She was in the bedroom looking at her calendar on her phone. For some reason she was late, very late indeed.

“I’m one and a half week late. How is that possible? I was supposed to-” Then something popped up in her head.

Jooyeon’s eyes widened. She quickly scrolled up to the month before, which was October, and she quickly searched the dates.

Her jaw dropped. “Oh my…this can’t be.” She shook her head in denial, “This can’t be. I must have miscounted something.”

Jooyeon recounted the dates, but the results were the same as it was the first time.

Again, Jooyeon recounted the dates and it still came out the same. She dropped her hands onto her lap and heaved breaths.

“If it’s like this then…”Jooyeon bite her bottom lip as she placed a hand on her stomach and caressed it with her thumb.

-----

“Can’t you come with me to work? I don’t want you to be bored at home here.” Sunggyu pleaded.

Jooyeon gave her husband a soft smile, “Gyu, I won’t be bored. I’ll busy myself with chores.” Sunggyu heaved a sigh, “Jooyeon-ah, I don’t want you to overwork yourself either. Come on, just come with me. Woohyun, Dongwoo, and Myungsoo aren’t here anymore to keep you company.” “But there’s still my cousins, Gyu.” “That’s right, there’s still them.”

Jooyeon shook her head, “You make it sound like it’s a bad thing. I haven’t seen them since the ‘thank you’ party.” “Well I haven’t seen you since the ‘thank you’ party either.” Sunggyu chuckled. “How is that possible? We live with each other, Gyu.” “I don’t know but it just is.”

Jooyeon pinched her husband’s cheek, “Aigoo, Kim Sunggyu, you really want me to go to work with you, don’t you?” “Of course I do. You’re my wife so of course I want you to go with me.” Sunggyu grinned.

“And all I have to do is say ‘yes’, right?” She asked with her a brow raised. Sunggyu nodded, “Yes ma’am.” “Alright then, I’ll go.”

Sunggyu’s eyes lit up, “Really?” Jooyeon tweaked his nose, “Of course.”

-----

Jooyeon and Sunggyu stepped into the building hand-in-hand.

The smell of pinsol hit Jooyeon’s nose causing her to let out a small gag. She quickly covered and looked around.

Sunggyu, who was standing next to her, noticed that she had a hand over . He stopped and stood in front of her.

“Jooyeon-ah, are you okay?” He asked as he searched her face.

Jooyeon swallowed and inhaled a deep breath before she nodded, “I’m fine.”

However, Sunggyu wasn’t convinced. “Jooyeon-ah, something’s wrong with you. You’ve never reacted like this before.”

Jooyeon shook her head as she walked around him, “I’m fine Sunggyu. Let’s go up to your office.”

Sunggyu frowned as he grabbed onto Jooyeon’s hand stopping her from walking any further. “Jooyeon, I know you’re not feeling well. I’m not blind.”

Jooyeon turned back to glare at her husband, “There’s nothing wrong with me Sunggyu. Why can’t you just drop this? We’re making a scene.”

Sunggyu looked around and saw that there were workers staring at them. He turned back to his wife, who was still glaring at him. He heav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter