Heartbeat

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Sunggyu, are you busy tomorrow?” Jooyeon called out from the bathroom.

“Uh, I’m working?” He replied unsure on how to reply to her question. “Why? Is there something going on tomorrow?”

Jooyeon stepped out of the bathroom and went into the living room.

Sunggyu looked up at his wife, “What’s going on tomorrow, hmm?”

Jooyeon sat down next to her husband, “I have an appointment tomorrow. Would you…like to come?”

Sunggyu perked up, “R-Really? Can I?”

Jooyeon let out a laugh, “Of course that’s why I’m asking you, Gyu. Would you like to come?”

Sunggyu smiled from ear to ear, “Of course I would. The last time I went was when we found out that you were pregnant.”

“You seem very excited, Gyu. It’s only a checkup so there’s no need to be so happy.” Jooyeon mused.

“Well I just want to know more about my baby so you can’t blame me for being excited.” Sunggyu huffed.

Jooyeon laughed as she leaned her head on his shoulder, “I’m just teasing you, Gyu. I can’t wait for tomorrow.”

Sunggyu chuckled as he leaned his head on top of her head, “Are you tired?”

Jooyeon shook her head, “No, I’m not tired. I just want to stay like this with you.”

Sunggyu smiled and circled an arm around her waist pulling her closer to him, “This is nice, isn’t it?”

“It’s always nice when it’s the two of us, Gyu.” Jooyeon stated.

Sunggyu closed his eyes, “That’s true, but there’s going to be three of us soon though.”

“We still have six months left Gyu.” Jooyeon mused.

Sunggyu heaved a sigh, “Six months seems like such a long time.”

“It’s going to go by fast, trust me.” Jooyeon stated.

Sunggyu placed a hand on his wife’s stomach, “You’re starting to grow, Jooyeon-ah.”

Jooyeon smiled as she nodded, “I know. I still can’t believe that there’s another life growing in me.”

Sunggyu planted a kiss on the side of his wife’s head, “Our baby is growing.”

Jooyeon hummed in reply.

“What are we going to do tonight?” Sunggyu asked.

“Anything you want.” Jooyeon replied.

“The let’s go on a walk.” Sunggyu suggested.

Jooyeon opened her eyes and lifted her head off her husband’s shoulder, “You want to go on a walk?”

Sunggyu looked at his wife, “Yes. Is there something wrong with it?”

Jooyeon smiled and shook her head, “Of course.”

Sunggyu smiled, “Good.”

-------

“The air is so refreshing.” Jooyeon breathed out.

Sunggyu laughed, “It’s refreshing but it’s cold. It’s January so you better keep warm when you go outside like this.”

Jooyeon turned to her husband, “Yes father.”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes, “Great.”

Jooyeon laughed as she tightened her grip on her husband’s arm, “I just love teasing you, Gyu.”

Sunggyu made a face, “I know you do. The thing that is that I can’t stay mad at you when you tease me like that.”

“Aigoo,” Jooyeon pinched her husband’s cheek. “You’re too cute, Sunggyu. I hope our child is as cute as you.”

Sunggyu shook his head, “No, the cute one is you. I want our child to be cute like you. If our baby is a boy then he can look as handsome as I do, but if our child is a girl then she’s going to look as pretty and cute as you.”

Jooyeon shook her head as she laughed.

Sunggyu smiled. He loved it when his wife laughed. It was music to his ears. Just absolutely perfect in his ears.

“I think walking around the block like this is a good idea.” Jooyeon glanced around.

Sunggyu raised his brows in interest, “You think so?”

Jooyeon nodded, “It’ll be good for me and the baby.”

“Then we’ll do it every night, how about that?” Sunggyu asked.

Jooyeon looked at her husband, “But won’t you be too exhausted from work?”

Sunggyu shook his head, “I can never be too tired to go on a walk with my wife and child.”

Jooyeon softened, “Sunggyu.”

“Yes I know, I’m perfect. You don’t have to tell me.” He boasted.

Jooyeon rolled her eyes with a smile on her face, “Yes you are most certainly perfect Mr. Kim Sunggyu.”

Sunggyu smirked, “Oh I know.”

Jooyeon shook her head as she unhooked her arm from his. She walked ahead of him by a few steps. She turned around and started to walk backwards with her hands behind her back.

Sunggyu raised a questioning brow, “What are you doing?”

Jooyeon shrugged, “No reason.”

Sunggyu chuckled, “Don’t lie. I know you have a reason.”

Jooyeon grinned, “I just wanted to look at your face.”

Sunggyu felt his heart flutter, “You have the rest of our lives to do that, Jooyeon-ah.”

Before Jooyeon could speak, she stepped on a small rock and stumble backwards. Luckily Sunggyu caught her before she could hit the ground.

“Yah.” Sunggyu frowned with his heart pounding against his ribcage.

Jooyeon was breathing in and out heavily. Her heart was racing at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter