Five Years Later...

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Daddy!” A tiny voice called.

Sunggyu looked up from his paperwork and smiled knowing too well whose voice it was.

“Daddy!” Four year old Taenam burst into Sunggyu’s office with Minah, his secretary, following behind.

“I’m sorry Mr. Kim.” Minah quickly apologized.

Sunggyu held up a hand, “It’s fine. You can go back to your work.”

Minah bowed and left, but not before throwing another glance at Sunggyu, who was laughing with Taenam. A small smile appeared on her lips. *At least he’s happy.*

 

“Aigoo, are you that happy to see me?” Sunggyu asked pulling away.

Taenam beamed nodding.

“Were you a good boy to Mrs. Han?” He asked.

Taenam nodded again.

Sunggyu eyes his son suspiciously before he broke out into a smile and tickled the four year old, who let out a loud gleeful laugh.

The older male laughed along with his son.

“Daddy, stop!” Taenam pleaded as another loud laugh escape his lips.

Sunggyu chuckled and stopped tickling the child.

Taenam took a deep breath before beaming at his father, “Daddy.”

Sunggyu raised his brows looking at his son with a questioning look, Hmm?”

“When is mommy coming back from her vacation?” Taenam asked.

Sunggyu stared at his son before breaking out into a smile ruffling the younger boy’s hair, “Don’t worry. She’ll come back, but we need to go get her first, okay?”

Taenam looked up at his father with sparkling eyes and nodded.

Sunggyu laughed, “Good. Are you hungry? Should we go get something to eat?”

Taenam nodded as he rubbed his tummy, “I‘m hungry daddy.”

Sunggyu nodded as he stood up with the four year old his arms, “Who should we go and eat for lunch, hmm?”

“Mm. McDonald’s!” Taenam beamed.

Sunggyu raised his brows, “McDonald?”

Taenam nodded, “I want a cheeseburger, daddy.”

Sunggyu laughed as he nodded, “Alright, we’ll go get you your cheeseburger.”

------

“Thank you.” Jooyeon smiled.

“You’re welcome.” The worker smiled back.

Jooyeon grabbed her latte and walked over to one of the empty tables. She sat down and took a sip of her drink.

She looked out the window and saw people walking around happily. Smiles and laughter everywhere she looked out the window. Her heart ached seeing everyone so happy while she was still trying to cope with her broken heart that never mended for the past five years.

Jooyeon’s mind wondered off to how her husband and son was doing. She missed them dearly. There wasn’t a single day that she didn’t miss her two precious boys, but she was put to ease knowing that they were having a wonderful life because her three cousins always updated her on them.

A sigh escaped her lip as she took a sip of her latte.

Then her phone ringed.

Jooyeon pulled out her phone from her pocket and checked the caller ID. It was from an unknown number. Sliding her finger across the green button, Jooyeon brought the phone up to her ear.

“Hello?” She answered.

“Jooyeon-ah!” A voice greeted happily.

A smile stretched across her face, “Hello to you, Sungjong.”

“Aw, how did you know that it was me?” Sungjong pouted.

“The question should be how would I not know?” Jooyeon giggled.

“Touché, so what are you doing right now?” He asked.

 Jooyeon looked around her, “Sitting in a café drinking my favorite latte. Why?”

Some rustling was heard on the other line making Jooyeon furrow her eyebrows.

“Jooyeon-ah!” A chirpy voice beamed into the receiver.

Jooyeon giggled, “Hello Sungyeol.”

“Jooyeon-ah, guess where we’re at.” Sungyeol chuckled.

“Where?” Jooyeon asked.

There was a three second pause.

“…That’s a secret.” Sungyeol laughed.

Jooyeon frowned hearing his answer, “Yah Lee Sungyeol.”

“I’m not Sungyeol.” A voice declared.

A smile stretched on Jooyon’s face hearing that familiar voice, “Hello Howon.”

Hoya chuckled, “How did you know it was me?”

“I can recognize yours, Sungyeol, and Sungjong’s voice anywhere. Even if you guys try to play a prank on me, I would still know.” Jooyeon stated.

“Of course you would. You’re the amazing Jooyeon.” Hoya mused.

“So can you tell me what Sungyeol was talking about? Where are the three of you?” Jooyeon asked.

“Would you be shocked if I told you to look out the window?” Hoya questioned.

Jooyeon pinched her brows together as she turned to look out the window.

There, standing outside the café she was in were her three cousins, who waved at her.

A half-scoff half-laugh escaped her lip as she hung up, grabbed her latter, and left the café to which her cousins ran up to greet her.

“Jooyeon-ah!” Sungjong pulled her into a tight hug.

Jooyeon laughed as she hugged him back. The two of them pulled apart as he tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter