Family Dinner

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Thanks for subscribing! ^^

 

 

 

 

 

“A family dinner tonight?” Sunggyu asked. Mrs. Kim nodded, “Yes.” “Does Jooyeon know about this?” “I already called her so don’t worry about it. Just remember to be at Mr. and Mrs. Lee’s house at seven o’clock tonight.” Sunggyu nodded, “We will.”

Mrs. Kim stood up and smiled at her son. “I’ll be waiting for you and Jooyeon then.” Sunggyu bowed. Mrs. Kim left her son’s office.

When the door closed, Sunggyu sat back down on the black leather couch. He ran a hand through his hair, “Another dreadful family dinner.”

-----

Jooyeon stepped out of the bedroom in a navy blue one-shoulder dress that hugged her figure falling right above her knees.

Sunggyu smiled when he saw his wife. “You look beautiful, Jooyeon-ah.” Jooyeon looked at her husband and gave him a soft smile, “Thank you. I could say you took dashing yourself.”

Sunggyu chuckled and took a step towards his wife, holding out his hand, “Should we get going?”

Jooyeon nodded and walked over to him.

She slipped her hand into his as he opened the door and the two of them left their penthouse.

-----

“Good evening.” Sunggyu and Jooyeon bowed to the four adults sitting in the living. Mrs. Kim and Mrs. Lee smiled upon seeing their children.

“Jooyeon-ah, I missed you.” Mrs. Lee hugged her daughter. “I missed you too, mother.” Jooyeon lightly hugged her mother back. The mother and daughter pulled apart to have the mother-in-law hug her daughter-in-law.

“I’m sorry that I couldn’t visit you today to tell you about the family dinner.” Mrs. Kim apologized. Jooyeon shook her head with a light smile, “It’s okay, omonim. I’m sure you were busy.” “Aigoo, I have such an understanding daughter-in-law.”

“Honey, let the two sit. I’m sure they’re tired and hungry.” Mr. Kim chimed. “Omo. That’s right. Sit, Jooyone-ah, Sunggyu-ah.” Mrs. Kim motioned.

The couple bowed and sat on the love seat.

“It’s so nice to see the two of you again.” Mrs. Lee beamed. Mrs. Kim nodded in agreement. “I still can’t believe that one whole year has passed since the two of you have been married. I feel like it was only yesterday when you two exchanged rings.”

That made the four adults laugh at the memory.

Sunggyu and Jooyeon just sat there, not cracking a smile. Of course they knew their wedding was the happiest day of their life, but for the wrong reason.

“Why are you two so quiet?” Mr. Lee asked. Jooyeon and Sunggyu blinked at the four elders. “It’s nothing, father.” Jooyeon gave her father a forced smile.

Before Mr. Lee could respond back, a maid come in, “Dinner is ready.”

Everyone in the living room stood up. “Let’s go to the dining room.” Mr. Lee smiled at Mr. and Mrs. Kim, who nodded.

Mrs. Lee turned to her daughter and son-in-law. “Let’s go and eat.” Sunggyu and Jooyeon nodded and followed her into the dining room.

Mr. Lee and Mr. Kim sat on the edges while Mrs. Lee and Mrs. Kim saw side by side. Sunggyu and Jooyeon sat next to each other.

The table was already set up, so the six of them began to eat. The four elders chatted among themselves about their family business. The young couple just ate silently and answered questions with short answers. That was until that one question was asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter