Bittersweet

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Congrats Jooyeon-ah.” L beamed into the receiver.

Jooyeon smiled, “Thanks Myungsoo.”

“I’m sure you and Sunggyu will be perfect parents.” Dongwoo commented.

“Do you really think so?” Jooyeon asked unsure to how she, herself, was going to be like as a mother.

“We’re very sure about this. You don’t have to worry about anything, Jooyeon-ah.” L assured.

Jooyeon heaved a small dejected sigh, “I don’t know you guys.”

“Jooyeon-ah, you’ve got to have confidence in yourself that you’ll be a good mother. I’m sure you and Sunggyu will work hard at being the best parents ever.” Dongwoo stated.

“How are you guys so sure about it, hmm?” Jooyeon asked.

“We just know, Jooyeon-ah.” L declared.

“Jooyeon-ah.” Sunggyu’s faint voice called out from outside of the bedroom.

Jooyeon turned her head towards the closed bedroom door.

“It seems that Sunggyu is home. I have to go now.” Jooyeon said into the receiver.

“Already? But we haven’t talked that long.” Dongwoo whined.

Jooyeon giggled as she shook her head, “We’ve been talking for the past two and a half hours, Dongwoo.”

“Jooyeon-ah?” Sunggyu opened the bedroom door and peeked in.

Jooyeon turned her head towards the bedroom door and gave her husband a small smile in greeting.

“What are you doing in the bedroom?” He asked as he stepped in, closing the door behind him.

“Dongwoo and Myungsoo.” She whispered in reply.

“What? Did you just say our names?” L asked.

Jooyeon let out a small laugh, “Sorry, I was just answering Sunggyu’s question.”

“Sunggyu?” Dongwoo asked.

“Yeah, he’s standing right in front of me.” Jooyeon replied as Sunggyu smirked. He was really right in front of her listening to her conversation with his cousins.

“He really is standing right in front of you, isn’t he? I can feel his presence from here.” L mused.

Sunggyu rolled his eyes as he snatched Jooyeon’s phone away from her hand. He pressed it against his ear, “Yes I’m right here you dimwit.”

“Oh, hey, Sunggyu.” L greeted ever so enthusiastically.

Sunggyu clucked his tongue, “Yeah, great way to greet your cousin.”

“A cousin who doesn’t what anything to do with us.” Dongwoo chimed.

“And don’t you even deny it.” L added.

Sunggyu chuckled lowly, “I wasn’t going to deny it.”

“Of course you wouldn’t. It’s because you’re heartless, Sunggyu.” Dongwoo rolled his eyes.

Sunggyu threw a glance at Jooyeon, who was just watching him converse with his cousins on her phone.

“Yes, since I’m heartless I’m going to hang up on you two.” Sunggyu smirked and hung up not giving a care about his two cousins, who were on the phone.

Jooyeon raised an amused brow, “You heartless man.”

 A chuckle escaped Sunggyu’s lip as he shrugged and slipped her phone into his pocket and stepped towards her. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close.

“I missed you today.” He stated.

Jooyeon smiled and wrapped her arms around his torso. She rested her head on his chest, “I did too, Sunggyu.”

“How was your day today?” Sunggyu asked as he her hair.

“Fine. I didn’t do much today. Well, technically, I don’t do much in the day.” Jooyeon answered.

“And the baby?” He asked.

“Fine. Healthy as ever.” Jooyeon replied.

Sunggyu smiled and closed his eyes loving the fact that his wife was in his arms. “I wish I could hold you like this all day long.” He kissed the side of her head.

Jooyeon nodded with her eyes closed, “Me too.”

-----

“Sunggyu!” A loud voice knocked on the front door of the penthouse.

Upon hearing the loud and recognizable voice, Sunggyu and Jooyeon looked at each other with puzzled looks on their faces.

“Why is omonim here?” Jooyeon asked.

Sunggyu stood up, “I’ll open the door.”

Jooyeon looked up at her husband, “Are you sure?”

Sunggyu heaved a sigh, “If I don’t open the door then she’s going to break in.” He walked towards the front door and opened it since his mother was still knocking loudly on the door.

“Mother, please.” Sunggyu sighed as he opened the door manually.

Mrs. Kim beamed, “Sunggyu!” She threw her arms around her son pulling him into a big hug.

Sunggyu blinked taken aback from the sudden hug, “M-Mother.”

Mrs. Kim pulled with a smile on her face, “How can I not be excited Sunggyu?!”

Sunggyu looked at her weirdly, “Excited for what mother?”

“My grandchild!” She replied as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter