Promise Me

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

The drive back to the penthouse was quiet. The only sound that was being made in the car was when Sunggyu put on turning signals and the clicking sound would go off. 

Jooyeon had her eyes closed but she wasn’t asleep. She was trying to forget about what her father had just said. She hated how her father could make her so weak but making her angry and brining back bad memories.

“Jooyeon-ah.” Sunggyu called snapping his wife out of her thoughts.

“Hmm?” Jooyeon turned to look at her husband, who threw a glance her way. 

“Are you okay?” He asked. 

Jooyeon nodded as she turned to look out the window, “I’m fine.” 

Even though she had given him an answer, Sunggyu didn’t believe her. He knew her too well. He knew that she wasn’t okay. She was hurt, anger, and sad. He knew that Mr. Lee’s words affected her but she acted like they didn’t.

“You don’t have to lie, Jooyeon-ah.” He said softly.

Jooyeon closed her eyes and exhaled a deep breath, “I hate it when he does that to me, Gyu. I fact the hate that he can make me feel like a small child. It’s like his words could crush me over and over again but I bear with it because…I don’t even know why I bear with his words.”

Sunggyu let one of his hands go of the wheel and grabbed one of Jooyeon’s hands that was on her lap. He gave her hand a squeeze in comfort, “Don’t mind what he says. You shouldn’t be thinking about it so much. It won’t be good for you and the baby.”

The ends of Jooyeon’s lips curved upwards into a soft smile, “Thank you Sunggyu for being here for me.”

Sunggyu chuckled, “That’s my job Jooyeon-ah.” 

------

“Do you still want to go out tonight with your cousins?” Sunggyu asked as he sat down next to his wife, who was sitting on the couch.

Jooyeon looked over at him and gave him a soft smile, “It’s only right that I go. I already promised them that I’d go. Plus, I think it’ll help me forget about what happened earlier.” 

Sunggyu sighed and scooted closer to his wife. He circled his arms around her waist and pulled her close to him. Sunggyu rested his chin on her shoulder and heaved a sigh. 

“Can’t we just stay home? I don’t feel like going anywhere for Christmas anymore.” Sunggyu stated.

Jooyeon placed a hand on the back of Sunggyu’s head and his hair, “I know but they really want us to go tonight. Sungjong also said that they had a present for me.” 

“So you’d rather have that present than spend time with me?” Sunggyu questioned.

A small laugh left Jooyeon’s lips as she kissed the side of her husband’s head, “Never. You’re more precious to me than a present.” 

Sunggyu smiled hearing his wife’s response, “Then we can stay home, right?” 

“No.” Jooyeon quickly replied. 

Sunggyu pulled back and stared at his wife, “What do you mean ‘no’? Didn’t you just say that I’m more important than that present?” 

Jooyeon nodded in confirmation, “I did say that but I didn’t say that we weren’t going. We’re still going. I don’t want to disappoint my cousins, Gyu.” 

Sunggyu heaved a dejected sigh, “Fine.” 

Jooyeon laughed and cupped his face, “Don’t make such a long face. We’ll spend time together after we come back. Don’t forget New Years is coming up soon.” 

Sunggyu couldn’t stay depressed any longer. Seeing his wife made his happy so there was no point of him being depressed at all. 

“Then promise me that no matter what comes our way, you’ll always be by my side; that we’ll always be there for each other. When our baby is born, you’ll stay and raise him or her. I will never marry anyone else. You’ll be my only wife, Jooyeon-ah. There isn’t anyone I want more than you.” Sunggyu searched his wife’s eyes.

Jooyeon felt her heart swell in happiness. She, too, didn’t want anyone else but Sunggyu. They were the perfect match for each other and they knew it too. Everyone knew t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter